Connect with us

Top News

Remove China Apps: Google removes smart phone applications in India

Published

on

Google took down Remove China Apps from the Play Store after millions of Indians downloaded the application.
“Delete Chinese Application” is not available at Google Play Store on Wednesday, more than two weeks after it was launched with the guarantee that it could help Indians identify applications made by Chinese developers.

Anti-Chinese sentiment has risen in India in recent weeks because the two countries are at odds over a border dispute.

One Touch App Labs, application developer, calls it a tool to help support “independent India” by identifying the origin of applications installed on mobile phones. The company could not be contacted for comment on Wednesday.
Google (GOOGL) declined to comment on Wednesday about how to realize that the application violates the Play Store Policy, which prohibits products that “encourage or incentivize” people to delete or deactivate other applications.

Remove China Apps was downloaded more than 4 million times before being deleted, according to analysis company Sensor Tower. In India, nearly 160,000 users gave 5-star ratings to apps on the Play Store before downgrading.

But it was not entirely successful in detecting applications from Chinese developers, according to some users.

On Tuesday, user Sridhar Toopurani wrote in an application review that “while the concept is good … it does not detect MI Video, Helo etc.”

Mi Video is a streaming application from the Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi, and Hello is a social media platform developed by ByteDance, a Beijing-based startup behind TikTok. Other users said the application also failed to detect PUBG, a popular smartphone game Tencent (TCEHY).
The application identifies TikTok as a Chinese application, according to several reviews. India is one of TikTok’s biggest markets, although it has experienced several problems in the country. This application was temporarily banned in India last year, after a court ruled that TikTok could expose children to sexual predators, pornographic content and cyberbullying. TikTok appealed the decision, said it had acted on inappropriate content, and the court overturned the verdict. At that time, Bytedance he said told the country’s high court that it lost $ 500,000 in revenue every day that TikTok was blocked.
Remove Chinese Application was launched last month just days after cross-border battles between Chinese and Indian troops resulted in minor injuries to troops.

The incident, at a remote crossing in the mountains close to Tibet, was the latest in a long line of borders raging among neighboring forces, and has sparked anti-Chinese sentiment in India.

See also  NYPD police are suspended for worming people during Manhattan protests

Sonam Wangchuk, an educational reformer who was also an inspiration for popular film characters in India, called on Indian colleagues to boycott all Chinese matters in response to the border impasse.

He shared a video on YouTube last week, urging Indians to stop buying Chinese goods, to “use the power of your wallet … and stop financing military intimidation now.” The video has been watched more than 3.7 million times.

Actor Arshad Warsi spoke to 2.2 million followers on Twitter, saying he “will consciously stop using everything that comes from China.”

“Because they are part of most of the things we use, it will take time but I know, one day I will be a free Chinese. You have to try it too,” he added.

The Remove China application caught the attention of the tabloid managed by the Chinese government The Global Times.

Indian software is “It’s likely to be punished by China,” the tabloid said write, adding that it “has been ridiculed by Chinese netizens, who suggest Indians can ‘throw away’ their Chinese-branded smartphones.”

Tensions between the two countries are increasing, but they also have longstanding business relations.

In the first three months of this year, Chinese smartphone makers Xiaomi and Vivo were the top sellers in India, accounting for more than half the market, according to Canalys research company. Samsung ranks third, and two other Chinese brands – Realme and Oppo – are in fifth position.
India said it would allow Huawei to participate in several 5G trials, while other countries were far more hesitant to use the products of Chinese technology companies.

Chinese investors have also devoted a lot of money to some of the most dense technology startups in India.

Digital payment company PayTM powered by Alibaba (BABA), food delivery platform Swiggy urgent Tencent (TCEHY) among its investors, and platforms that call cars Ola supported by DiDi Chuxing.

– Vedika Sud contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  I have cancer in the middle of a coronavirus epidemic
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  The Google app that allows you to "speak with your eyes" now supports Portuguese.

Continue Reading

Trending