Connect with us

Top News

Look inside at fans who see a little of Charles Schwab’s Challenge

Published

on

Look inside at fans who see a little of Charles Schwab's Challenge

FORT WORTH, Texas – The sound of silence should be deafening this week at Colonial Country Club.

The sound of crickets is considered all players will hear when competing at the Charles Schwab Challenge, the first of four PGA Tour events on the revised COVID-19 schedule to be played without spectators.

But what sounds could be heard from one corner of the Colonial, applause and cheers of the players and even a speaker announcer who introduced the players as they walked to the 16th tee?

Who said this week there were no spectators at Colonial?

Not Pat Henggeler, whose house faces the 15th and 16th green tees on the golf course.

Henggeler, as a colonial member with 9 defects known in this section for gathering one or two good parties at his home during the Colonial week, has created the only party in town for the Charles Schwab Challenge this week.

On Monday, he has a grandstand set up next to his house that offers views of the 15th green and the 16th tee. If you have watched CBS broadcasts from the tournament and you have heard occasional applause, it comes from the Henggeler stands.

In what will always be a strange week for players with a quiet spectator golf course, Henggeller’s pop-up party has become a welcome oasis for them as is the case for 100 or more people who have visited. cool off with drinks from the Henggeller outdoor bar.

One of the coincidental tour stars for the Henggeler show is Mason Michell, who is organically an unofficial announcer.

See also  Japan: Anger at coronavirus outbreaks at US Maritime bases in Okinawa

“Mason did a very good job and we were like,” That’s our person, “Henggeler said.

So Michell, equipped with a cheat sheet that he created with facts on each player, booming introductions as each reached the 16th tee.

The highlight of this week is when Michell, recognizing Bryson DeChambeau who was recently introduced, introduced him on Friday as if he were a boxer entering the ring for a heavyweight battle.

“I think it’s amazing what they do, saying I came in with 300 or whatever pounds, that’s funny,” DeChambeau said. “I really enjoyed it. It’s nice to have people rooting for you once in a while out there. We don’t get that very much now. ‘

Michell, who just graduated from Texas A&M will start working as an accountant, said, “I’m not trying to say anything controversial or anything. We want the players to come back and enjoy coming here. Phil [Mickelson] got a kick out of us when we talked about how he hit the bomb. He enjoyed it. ‘

When 54-hole leader Xander Schauffele finished a birdie putt on the 15th green to reach 13-under and tied Jordan Spieth to lead at the time, an explosion of applause was heard in the background of the Henggeller stands, and CBS broadcaster Jim Nantz said to his colleague, Nick Faldo: “Remember what the crowd sounded like, Nick?”

Mason Michell announced the players on the 16th hole at the Charles Shwab Challenge on Saturday in the emergency stands at a nearby home.
Mason Michell announced the players on the 16th hole at the Charles Schwab Challenge on Saturday in the emergency stands at a nearby home.Mark Cannizzaro

Previously, during my visit, the first intro I heard was:

See also  Withdrawal of German troops highlights the increasing wealth of the two White House allies amidst Esper's isolation

“Coming to number 16 in the green is the 2017 Colonial winner, Kevin Kisner,” Michell’s voice shouted over the loudspeaker with a good dose of pro-wrestling decoration. “And with him are‘ Mr. 58 ‘and former US Open winner, Jiiiiim Fuuuuryk.’

During my visit to the party, each player acknowledged love and attention.

“I think maybe they are also starving for fans,” Henggeler said.

“By the time they get here, you can tell the players that there are 15 holes and they have never seen anyone but their caddy,” John Eckelbarger, who works for Henggeler, said. “Then they got here and there were 100 people supporting them.”

This is a love work for Henggeler, who estimates he spends nearly $ 20,000 on set-ups, which include closed stands, widescreen TVs, fans to fight 100-degree temps, bartenders, liquor, food and portable toilets.

Henggeler doesn’t charge money to enter. The people there are friends, coworkers and neighbors, some of whom have offered donations that Henggeler plans to make for charity.

The only negative for this program, as far as I know, is the lack of social distance between the people who are there. There, too, there were no signs of faces covering anyone – besides me – during my visit.

Apparently, when it comes to face masks, Texas hasn’t gotten a memo about masks.

“I don’t think about it at all,” Henggeler said when asked about the concern of having 100 people so close to each other in the middle of a pandemic. “In our restaurant (they have a Mexican place in Arlington), we have served 30,000 people since May 1. I am not a scientist.”

See also  The Coronavirus stimulus checks the deadline for direct deposits Wednesday

He also doesn’t play it on TV.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Withdrawal of German troops highlights the increasing wealth of the two White House allies amidst Esper's isolation

Continue Reading

Trending