Connect with us

Top News

Open for business: 11 photos from Yuba and Sutter districts

Published

on

Open for business: 11 photos from Yuba and Sutter districts

Reopening. That’s the word that we waited for almost two months to hear. Several rural counties in California got a statewide leap earlier this week, opposing statewide restrictions.

In the Sutter and Yuba areas, north of Sacramento, restaurants, tattoos and flower shops have opened their doors. Health workers for the district ordered easing of restrictions. But there is a downfall. California officials warn that some businesses risk losing licenses to operate. Medical Officer Dr. Phuong Luu also expressed concern that people do not maintain social distance or wear face coverings when visiting local shops.

Unlike the California metropolitan area, those countries were only slightly affected by the coronavirus crisis, with only one case being suspected on Tuesday.

The rest of California began the first steps in reducing home stay orders on Friday.

Ted Crumby, left, from Meridian, and Dennis Hillard, from Citrus Heights, meet for lunch at Linda’s Soda Bar and Grill in Yuba City.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Customers wait in line for body piercings at Heart & Soul Tattoo in Yuba City.

Customers wait in line for body piercings at Heart & Soul Tattoo in Yuba City.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Andrew Wagner applied octopus tattoos to Jordan Curiel in Yuba City.

Tattoo artist Andrew Wagner applied an octopus design to Jordan Curiel’s arm at the Heart & Soul Tattoo in Yuba City. The shop closes at 3 pm. for one hour to clean the room.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Genesis Nieves is getting ready to prick his nose in Yuba City.

Genesis Nieves, with Heart & Soul Tattoo owner Jake Hunter, has come to Yuba City to undergo nose piercing.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Kim Hamilton works at Elegante Petals in Yuba City.

Kim Hamilton, flower designer, prepares arrangements for Mother’s Day at Elegante Petals in Yuba City.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Wes Heryford cut Ben Martin's hair at the Cutte House Barber Shop in Yuba City.

Wes Heryford, center, works for Ben Martin at the Butte House Barber Shop in Yuba City. Heryford closed his business but said, “It’s hard to pay bills and meet the needs of my family.”

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Plumas Street in the city center in Yuba City.

Plumas Street in the city center in Yuba City.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Yuba and Sutter Counties reopened

Anthony Frank, the center and wife of Melia Campbell enjoyed their first night in a few weeks at the Silver Dollar Saloon in Marysville. Negara Sutter and Yuba defied state orders to allow dinner early.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Lanie Gil cleans tables at the Courthouse Cafe in Marysville.

Lanie Gil cleans the table where guests recently have lunch at the Courthouse Cafe in Marysville.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

A customer leaves by ordering take-out at the Courthouse Cafe in Marysville.

A guest leaves with a take-out order at the Courthouse Cafe in Marysville.

(Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  Stockard Channing sold a comfortable LA home for $ 2.5 million
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  BALL - Chiquinho Conde: "Chalana brought fantasy to Portuguese football" (Benfica)

Continue Reading

Trending