Connect with us

Top News

Mozambique: Justice Accuses Priest of Obscene Exposure Before Portuguese Bishop

Published

on

Mozambican justice charged a priest accused of child abuse against Portuguese Bishop José Ornelas in 2011, a source at the Attorney General’s Office (PGR) in Maputo told Lusa today.


Africa 21 Digital with Lusa



Luciano Caminotti “was charged with the authorship of the material and the crime of indecent exposure” and “August 23, a preliminary hearing was opened, which took place on September 2,” PGR points out in response to questions posed by Lusa.

“In this regard, both the prosecutor’s office and the defendant are awaiting notification from the Judicial Court of the Province of Zambezia – Criminal Investigation Division” regarding the progress of the process, he adds without further details.

PGR did not answer other questions, namely whether Bishop Ornelas, who presides over the Portuguese Bishops’ Conference, has filed a complaint since 2011 or was otherwise involved in the case.

According to the same note sent to Lusa, the case was filed 11 years ago at the District Attorney’s Office of the Republic of Guru, where Caminotti had an orphanage.

“The aforementioned case was sent to the Zambezia Provincial Prosecutor’s Office and registered under the number 179/2014 of the Correctional Police, in which Father Luciano Caminotti was charged with ill-treatment and indecent assault,” he refers.

In 2014, “an order was issued to drop the charge due to lack of evidence”, the order was “not approved” by the authorities: “new investigative actions were ordered based on new discovered elements,” he points out, without specifying which ones.

The context led to the reopening of the process, this time with the number 596/2020 of December 15, 2020, in the Provincial Prosecutor’s Office of Zambezia.

See also  The last round of the Portuguese Championship will not be public - 05/17/2021

It is in that sequence that on October 30, 2021, Caminotti’s father is “indicted for material authorship and the perfect form of the crime of indecent assault,” leading up to a preliminary hearing held a month ago, the note, without reference, says. process details.

In Portugal, the Ministry of State (MP) confirmed on Saturday that it was investigating Bishop José Ornelas for allegedly covering up sexual harassment, showing that an investigation with possible links to the case had already taken place in 2011.

According to Público, the bishop was leading the Order of the Dechon in 2011 when the teacher was confronted with alleged cases of sexual abuse at the Luciano Cominotti Orphanage in Mozambique, an institution with 50 children, some of whom were attending classes in a mission led by Dechon priest Hilário Verri, where teacher João Oliveira listened to the evidence.

The same professor now sent a new complaint to the Presidency of the Portuguese Republic against José Ornelas, arguing that the prelate “failed to report to the authorities the mistreatment of several minors when he was president of the Order of the Dechonians.”

The Bishop denied Público’s information about the concealment of complaints of sexual abuse.

It was José Ornelas who, at the end of 2021, announced the creation of an independent commission to study abuse in the Catholic Church of Portugal, coordinated by child psychiatrist Pedro Strecht and expected to present the findings of its work in January. next year.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Mysterious interstellar ‘Oumuamua can be made from something almost unheard of in science

Continue Reading

Trending