Connect with us

Top News

Brian Cashman turns a job he doesn’t want into a Yankees dream

Published

on

Brian Cashman turns a job he doesn't want into a Yankees dream

Part 30 in the series analyzes the New York Yankees.

There was a time when Brian Cashman did not want to be George Steinbrenner’s general manager.

“From the beginning I was together [GM] Woody Woodward, whose nickname is ‘The Pharmacist’ because his office drawer is full of vitamins to try and keep him healthy when he is surrounded by The Boss, ” Cashman recalls recently when making a fundraising call for the Family Center’s Emergency Family Aid Fund. “I remember saying to myself, ‘I would never want that job.’ Why don’t I want the job? Because this is without victory, very stressful. ‘

Game or not game, this is Cashman’s 23rd year in a job he never wanted but landed on 3 February 1998, after Bob Watson resigned.

Across from 34 years 34-year-old Cashman works for the Yankees, there are challenges, successes, broken hearts, difficult decisions and failures.

“This is an extraordinary magic carpet trip that has taken us to this season, ‘is the way Cashman has described it as part of the organization since 1986, when he was 19 years old apprenticed in the minor league scouting department.

This season was supposed to start March 26 in Baltimore, but coronavirus stopped spring training on March 12. The players and owners are trying to get a schedule of 82 matches which were launched in July. Health, safety and financial issues will decide whether there is a game or not.

Brian CashmanThe AP

If it starts, the Yankees will be favorites to add to their 28th World Series title. This is the hope of Cashman who has never been a duck.

See also  MotoGP: Bagnaia wins in Italy as Miguel Oliveira finishes ninth

“We believe we have another championship caliber team in our hands, and we just want to do it as best we can. We have knocked on the door and are always in champion mode, “Cashman said.

The addition of Gerrit Cole’s right-hand free agent immediately pushed the Yankees to the top of the AL pile. It was a move arranged by Cashman and Hal Steinbrenner to agree to a nine-year deal of $ 324 million.

However, if it only throws millions of dollars at the players sending the championship, the Yankees will not be looking for their first World Series title since 2009.

Signed through the 2022 season, Cashman’s attention to the Yankees minor league in the final days of training last spring, when he led a staff contingent that fed the players and distributed money, was appreciated and did not escape the attention of those working under him.

“Brian played an important role in our success, and I have known long enough how lucky we are to lead him in our baseball operations department,” said Steinbrenner after Cashman was appointed Executive American Baseball Year in 2017. ” He cares deeply about this franchise and our fans, and he is skilled at navigating the many challenges that come with holding the position he does in the world media capital. ”

Although Cole is a headliner, Cashman has made some lesser-known steps that have yielded excellent results.

Getting the first baseman Luke Voit from the Cardinals for busting Chasen Shreve and Giovanny Gallegos became the first baseman to hit power.

See also  Matt Damon is not happy. Jimmy Kimmel is taking a break from the show

Getting outfielder Mike Tauchman from the Rockies for left-handed Phillip Diehl gave the Yankees depth last year when Aaron Hakim, Aaron Hicks and Giancarlo Stanton spent a long time.

Trading Aroldis Chapman closer to the Cubs for Gleyber Torres in return in 2016 is a good move even before Chapman returns to the Yankees as a free agent after the season.

Adding free agent DJ LeMahieu to the mix with a two-year contract of $ 24 million before last season was a big plus. The relievers of Chad Green and Luis Cessa of the Tigers to Justin Wilson in 2015 were stealing. Getting Gio Urshela from Blue Jays because of money considerations turned out well.

Of course there are mistakes like Jacoby Ellsbury. Not maintaining Didi Gregory could backfire if Torres could not play short. But if there is a schedule, it is expected that the Cashman team will be built to play in the postseason.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  NBA Draft Lottery 2020: Pelicans chasing history, change of luck for the Knicks among top six storylines

Continue Reading

Trending