Connect with us

Top News

Beijing is expanding housing containment and tightening outward travel as coronavirus infections spread

Published

on

Beijing reintroduces strict lockdown following new outbreak

The Beijing Municipal Health Commission reported 27 new Covid-19 cases on Tuesday – bringing the total of five days to 106 following an increase in Xinfadi, the largest wholesale food market in the city.

A large and lively market in the southwest Fengtai district of Beijing occupies 277 hectares and has more than 2,000 stalls, mainly selling fruit and vegetables as well as meat and seafood. It supplies about 70% of city vegetables and 10% of pork, according to officials.

The market has been closed since Saturday, but its thin size and the number of people working or visiting there from inside and outside Beijing have increased the risk of spreading the outbreak.

Through door-to-door visits and calls, authorities have tracked nearly 200,000 people who had gone to the market for two weeks before closing. They have been ordered to stay at home for medical observations and are being tested for coronavirus, a city official said at a press conference on Monday.

Locked housing

Two other Beijing food markets have been closed due to confirmed cases related to Xinfadi, which caused tight housing locking around them.

On Tuesday, Xicheng district – neighboring Fengtai – announced that seven residential communities around the Tiantao Honglian market would be locked following the discovery of a corona virus case on Sunday.

This follows a similar lock on the housing complex near Xinfadi and the Yuquandong market in the Haidian district. In total, 29 residential communities have been locked up throughout the city.

Housing lockdown measures are similar to those enacted previously in Wuhan city, the center of the spread of the corona virus outbreak.

See also  US coronavirus: California reimposes restrictions on dining places and numerous other indoor facilities

Wang Du, who lives in one of the confined communities near the Yuquandong market, said residents cannot leave the complex to buy groceries, and must order food online or buy from trucks that come to the complex once a day with fresh potatoes, vegetables and eggs.

He said all residents in his community carried out a nucleic acid test for the corona virus yesterday.

“To be honest, I’m not too worried,” he said. “I think we have a lot of experience in detention, and we can react very quickly (to new outbreaks).”

As of Tuesday morning, 276 agricultural markets and 33,173 restaurants throughout the city had also been disinfected, officials said.

Outbound trips are limited

The outbreak has also spread beyond Beijing, with the nearby provinces of Liaoning and Hubei reporting a total of eight cases of the corona virus associated with the capital group.

On Tuesday, the country’s southwestern Sichuan province also reported a confirmed case – a woman returning from Beijing on June 9. She was infected while visiting her husband, who works at the Xinfadi market.

Unlike Wuhan, the center of China’s original distribution, Beijing has not yet fully decided on a trip. But taxi out and call-car services, and several long-distance bus routes between Beijing and neighboring provinces have been suspended, according to the government Beijing Daily.

The city government has also banned high-risk groups, such as close contact from confirmed cases, from leaving the city, officials said on Monday.

On Tuesday, Shanghai was announced that travelers from areas with moderate-high coronavirus risks will be asked to be quarantined for 14 days. Beijing has one environment that is designated as high risk and 22 as medium risk on Monday.

Steven Jiang and Shawn Deng from CNN contributed to the reporting.

See also  Brand Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben market racism

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  US coronavirus: California reimposes restrictions on dining places and numerous other indoor facilities

Continue Reading

Trending