Connect with us

World

Mystery in Idaho: Four students were killed at home and there is no suspect

Published

on

Four students at the University of Idaho in the United States of America were brutally murdered in the early hours of Sunday, November 13th. According to US press reports, there are no suspects yet, the murder weapon has not been found, and it is not known what motivated the attack. The case is already being investigated by the FBI.

Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle, Madison Mogen, and Cale Gonsalves were stabbed to death in a college campus home. Autopsy results show that the young men died between 3:00 and 4:00 on Sunday. Kathy Mabbut, a coroner from Lata County, Idaho, was at the scene and told NBC that in her 16 years on the job, she had never witnessed such a brutal crime.

“The wounds were quite large. We’ve had murders in the past, but none on the scale of the murders of these students. There was a lot of blood in the apartment. It’s a trauma to find four young university students dead in a dorm.” , the doctor explained to NBC, adding that a large knife was used as the weapon.

Youth had fun before the tragedy

The victims took advantage of Saturday evening to go outside. Ethan and Xana were at a party on campus and Madison and Kaylee went to a bar and were later seen buying food in a trailer around 1:00 am. These actions were confirmed by surveillance cameras.

Pictures from the surveillance cameras of the places where the young people were on the night of Saturday, November 12, began to be published by the North American media and social networks. The goal was to see if anyone knew anything that could help with the investigation. Recent updates provided by American television and the press indicate that the police are yet to know anything about the footage.

See also  the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petito

The family notices inconsistencies in the story

The crime took place at dawn, but the call to 911 (the equivalent of 112) was made only in the afternoon and reported only that there were people unconscious in this house, the police report said.

Police told CNN International on Wednesday, November 16, that two other young women were in the house at the time of the murder and were not hurt or taken hostage. The girls also studied at the university, they were interrogated and it seems they were sleeping when their classmates were stabbed with a knife. Investigators decided to exclude them from the list of suspects and not disclose their identity.

When they arrived at the scene, the police found no signs of vandalism in the house, and nothing on the doors indicated that the entry had been broken into. The information was given to CNN International by the chief of police of the Idaho district in Moscow, James Fry.

As the investigation progresses, the parents of the victims continue to believe that many things are poorly explained. “There is no information from the University of Idaho and local police. So far, only false rumors have been circulating,” Jim Chapin, Ethan’s father, said in a statement last Wednesday.

The last murder in Idaho was recorded in 2015.

Moscow, the Idaho city where the murders took place, has a population of about 25,000. It has always been considered a quiet city with a low crime rate. Before the deaths of university students, the last murder was recorded in 2015, according to Idaho police.

See also  Uprising in the Faroe Islands: 1400 dolphins died in one day

After seven years of living in a quiet town, residents are terrified and worried about possible more deaths, The Guardian said in a publication on the lack of leads in the case on Tuesday.

According to CNN International, University of Idaho President Scott Green tried to reassure students and staff of the university that they were not in danger, since everything indicated that the killing was targeted, but still need to be especially careful.

Some university students have reported to the university that they feel unsafe and do not want to spend time on campus. The University of Idaho is considering allowing students to attend classes remotely after the Thanksgiving break, NBC has learned.

“They were smart, they were careful, and yet it still happened. This means no one is safe. We are all heartbroken and trying to endure this inexplicable pain, but anger is stronger than any of these feelings. should have been pissed off,” sister Kayleigh told CNN International.

On November 30, a vigil with candles will be held in honor of the four young people, the TV channel reports.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

FBI looking for man who killed 11-month-old daughter in ‘terrible’ crime

Published

on

The FBI and Connecticut State Police are looking for a man suspected of the November 18 brutal murder of his 11-month-old daughter. The crime warning was issued only three days later.

Christopher Francischini, 31, is wanted for the murder of his daughter Camilla, who was found with neck compressions and stab wounds on November 18 at her home in Naugatuck, USA.

Authorities called the case “terrible.” The baby was found dismembered.

The Naugatuk police received an arrest warrant for Francischini with a bail of about five million euros. The FBI is also offering a €10,000 cash reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect.

At a press conference, police said they were called to the scene of the crime after someone called 911 and said the girl was dead. The call was made from the family’s home three days after the murder.

The man has an “extensive criminal history” and was on probation. The suspect was wearing an electronic bracelet and was supposed to cut it off on the day of the alleged crime, authorities said.

The police explained that the man and the girl’s biological mother were arguing on the morning of the crime. It is assumed that the conflict occurred after the death of the child. The parents were separated.

Camille’s funeral took place Saturday in a private ceremony “surrounded by family and loved ones,” as police posted on social media along with a photo of Camilla.

Continue Reading

World

BBC journalist beaten by police while covering protests in China

Published

on

Continue Reading

World

“They’re acting suspicious.” Fauci says there was no transparency in China’s Covid-19 strategy

Published

on

“In everything we’ve dealt with in recent decades, whether it’s bird flu or the original SARS in 2002, even when there’s nothing to hide, they act suspiciously and opaque,” Anthony Fauci said in statements in the north. TV channel.-American NBC, the EFE agency quotes.

The epidemiologist, who will leave his post in December, thought that this could be because the Chinese government does not want to be seen as the culprit. “It’s not your fault if something happens in your country, but let’s find out what happened so we can talk about it transparently and prevent it from happening in the future,” he said.

Anthony Fauci, the face of the US in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic, also felt that the restrictions in China were especially strict, not making it clear to the public what the goal was.

“The end goal was for everyone to be vaccinated. Then you can understand time limits [como os do início da pandemia]🇧🇷 But they ended up in long-term detention with no apparent benefit, which makes no sense from a public health standpoint,” he said.

China’s epidemic prevention measures are the most stringent in the world under the “zero case” policy of COVID-19. The strategy includes isolating all positive cases and close contacts, locking down entire areas or cities, and continuously conducting mass testing.

In recent days, anti-restriction demonstrations have spread to major Chinese cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Nanjing.

The protests intensified on Thursday after ten people were killed in a fire at a building held in custody in Urumqi.

See also  4-year-old girl went missing for 18 days in a camp in Australia

The Chinese capital, which has been under special outbreak protection since 2020, is now experiencing its highest infection rate, with more than 4,300 new cases identified on Saturday, 82% of which were asymptomatic, according to the latest official report.

These numbers, low by international standards but unacceptable by the Chinese authorities, have resulted in restrictions and restrictions that affect much of the capital’s population.

China broke the record for infections on Saturday, with almost 40,000 new cases, although more than 90% of cases are asymptomatic, according to data from the National Health Commission.

Official figures show that about 1.8 million people are currently in quarantine, as it is recommended to transfer those who are ill, including those who are asymptomatic, as well as, but separately, those who have been in contact with the infected, to hospitals or isolation centers.

Continue Reading

Trending