Connect with us

Top News

Mozambique: Justice Accuses Priest of Obscene Exposure Before Portuguese Bishop

Published

on

Mozambican justice charged a priest accused of child abuse against Portuguese Bishop José Ornelas in 2011, a source at the Attorney General’s Office (PGR) in Maputo told Lusa today.


Africa 21 Digital with Lusa



Luciano Caminotti “was charged with the authorship of the material and the crime of indecent exposure” and “August 23, a preliminary hearing was opened, which took place on September 2,” PGR points out in response to questions posed by Lusa.

“In this regard, both the prosecutor’s office and the defendant are awaiting notification from the Judicial Court of the Province of Zambezia – Criminal Investigation Division” regarding the progress of the process, he adds without further details.

PGR did not answer other questions, namely whether Bishop Ornelas, who presides over the Portuguese Bishops’ Conference, has filed a complaint since 2011 or was otherwise involved in the case.

According to the same note sent to Lusa, the case was filed 11 years ago at the District Attorney’s Office of the Republic of Guru, where Caminotti had an orphanage.

“The aforementioned case was sent to the Zambezia Provincial Prosecutor’s Office and registered under the number 179/2014 of the Correctional Police, in which Father Luciano Caminotti was charged with ill-treatment and indecent assault,” he refers.

In 2014, “an order was issued to drop the charge due to lack of evidence”, the order was “not approved” by the authorities: “new investigative actions were ordered based on new discovered elements,” he points out, without specifying which ones.

The context led to the reopening of the process, this time with the number 596/2020 of December 15, 2020, in the Provincial Prosecutor’s Office of Zambezia.

See also  Afghanistan. Man to Frontiers demands that the Portuguese government act in the face of a humanitarian crisis.

It is in that sequence that on October 30, 2021, Caminotti’s father is “indicted for material authorship and the perfect form of the crime of indecent assault,” leading up to a preliminary hearing held a month ago, the note, without reference, says. process details.

In Portugal, the Ministry of State (MP) confirmed on Saturday that it was investigating Bishop José Ornelas for allegedly covering up sexual harassment, showing that an investigation with possible links to the case had already taken place in 2011.

According to Público, the bishop was leading the Order of the Dechon in 2011 when the teacher was confronted with alleged cases of sexual abuse at the Luciano Cominotti Orphanage in Mozambique, an institution with 50 children, some of whom were attending classes in a mission led by Dechon priest Hilário Verri, where teacher João Oliveira listened to the evidence.

The same professor now sent a new complaint to the Presidency of the Portuguese Republic against José Ornelas, arguing that the prelate “failed to report to the authorities the mistreatment of several minors when he was president of the Order of the Dechonians.”

The Bishop denied Público’s information about the concealment of complaints of sexual abuse.

It was José Ornelas who, at the end of 2021, announced the creation of an independent commission to study abuse in the Catholic Church of Portugal, coordinated by child psychiatrist Pedro Strecht and expected to present the findings of its work in January. next year.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Parties vote against free Portuguese language education abroad | Assembly of the Republic

Published

on

Parties vote against free Portuguese language education abroad |  Assembly of the Republic

The diplomas voted this Friday in the Assembly of the Republic, which offered free teaching of the Portuguese language abroad, were rejected: the Socialist Party voted against and the PSD, among others, abstained.

Continue Reading

Top News

The Portuguese player who stole the CR7 stage in the Cup is married to the first girl he met in high school

Published

on

Portugal international Bruno Fernandez rose to prominence during the World Cup in Qatar. The star, who also plays for England’s Manchester United, scored one more goal than Cristiano Ronaldo and played a crucial role in securing Portugal a place in the round of 16.

At the age of 28, the Portuguese has a very quiet personal life and is the father of two children. The star married in 2015, when he was 21, the first and only girl in his life, the Portuguese Ana Piño.

Adult film muse Elisa Sanchez poses with her body painted at a rehearsal for the World Cup.

Bruno Fernandes and Ana Pinho Photo: reproduction / Instagram

Bruno and Ana’s love story began in Porto, Portugal. They met at the school where they studied together, started dating and since then have not parted.

At the beginning of the relationship, Bruno played for the Portuguese club Boavista, so he easily managed to be with Ana and train.

When the player needed to move to Italy to improve his career, Ana supported the star and two years later she was asked to marry him.

They married at the end of 2015, and in 2017 they had Matilda Fernandez, the couple’s first daughter. Three years later, in 2020, Goncalo Fernandes was born, who completed the team of football fans played by Bruno.

Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes Photo: reproduction / Instagram
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes Photo: reproduction / Instagram

Ana, Mathilde and Gonzalo are always present in the Portuguese games, which is very important in raising children.

Bruno Fernandes and family
Bruno Fernandes and family Photo: Reproduction / Instagram

Last Monday, when he scored two goals for Portugal, Bruno revealed during an interview that the kids predicted his performance against Uruguay. The children were optimistic. Woman, not so much.

See also  The State Department's Inspector General became the latest overseer to be fired by Trump

“Before the game, my children said that I would score two goals. Mother even thought it was an exaggeration, maybe now she doesn’t think it’s so exaggerated, ”Bruno joked.

Continue Reading

Top News

“Now you die, I’ll burn everything.” Portuguese man arrested in Spain suspected of setting wife on fire – Observer

Published

on

"Now you die, I'll burn everything."  Portuguese man arrested in Spain suspected of setting wife on fire - Observer

Catalan justice has ordered the preventive detention of a man of Portuguese nationality for allegedly burning a 48-year-old woman alive. The suspect doused his companion with alcohol with rosemary and acetone, set fire to the house in which he lived in Lleida, while telling her: “Now you will die, I will burn everything.”

According to El Periodico, the 39-year-old man was detained on Monday, while a companion was rushed to the burn unit of the Hospital de la Vall d’Hebron, where she still has burns over 18% of her body.

or country Details that, in addition to trying to burn her, the man tried to strangle her. According to the indictment seen by the same newspaper, the victim went to bed around 11:00 pm, and the partner was still at home. Shortly after that, he left, and when he returned, he began to poke something in the woman’s face. “I will kill you,” I told him.

Companion managed to get out of bed, but the alleged intruder splashed acetone in his face. It was there that the man allegedly set fire to the house and tried to strangle her. The woman ran away, but she was pulled when she went down the stairs: “Let’s go, I’m on fire too.”

The building where the couple lived was destroyed by fire. However, the man denies this version, arguing that there was a quarrel, but that when he came home, there was already a fire. However, the judge who heard him considered that the explanations were “inaccurate” and there were “contradictions”.

See also  PAN wants to abolish fees for teaching Portuguese abroad

When asked why the woman came up with this story, the Portuguese man limited himself to the fact that “when she is annoyed”, her partner “does not know what he is saying”: “When he gets angry, he tries to hurt everyone.”

In turn, one of the witnesses – a neighbor of the couple – told the authorities that the couple quarreled, despite the fact that they had never witnessed a single episode of physical violence. On Monday, a neighbor overheard their quarrel and went out on the balcony at dawn and heard the cry of a 48-year-old woman: “Don’t kill me, don’t kill me, don’t kill me.”

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Continue Reading

Trending