Connect with us

Top News

Mario Ferreira is a Portuguese businessman. Banco de Fomento and the Ministry of Economy are not police officers,” says Costa Silva.

Published

on

Mario Ferreira is a Portuguese businessman.  Banco de Fomento and the Ministry of Economy are not police officers,” says Costa Silva.

Banco de Fomento and the Economy Ministry are not the police and cannot act on rumors, Economy and Maritime Minister António Costa Silva said in response to questions about the bank’s (interrupted) investment in holding Mario Ferreira. The Minister spoke this Wednesday, September 28, at a hearing before the Parliamentary Committee on the Economy, Public Works, Planning and Housing, at the request of the PSD.

MP Mariana Mortagua of Bloco de Esquerda questioned the minister in charge of Banco Português de Fomento (BPF) about the owner of the Douro Azul travel cruise company, Media Capital, the owner of TVI and CNN, and several real estate projects. namely in connection with BPF’s controversial €40 million funding for the holding company Pluris, which it ultimately withdrew in favor of a capital increase from its own funds.

The parliamentarian recalled that the support of 40 million euros will be provided by Pluris, holding Mario Ferreira who brings these businesses together and the money should be invested in the tourism business, hinting at the closeness of the decision makers at Banco de Fomento to Mario Ferreira himself, in “a set of connections that bother and worry us.”

“I understand the questions you raise,” the minister said in response, “but we cannot act based on suspicions and rumors (…) Neither Banco de Fomento nor the Ministry are the police.”

“Investment flows should be directed to important sectors of the national economy” and “I was told that, despite the fact that they holding”, Under the supply agreement, the funds will be used for tourism activities, he said. But he noted that we cannot allow the misuse of funds, “even if it is one euro.”

See also  `` The club is above all ''

Regarding the connections of BFP members holding the same positions on the boards of directors with connections to Mario Ferreira, Costa Silva said: “I do not agree with the culture of general suspicion just because of a few connections” (…) the fact of having contact with other people does not looks like a reason to be suspicious.”

“I don’t have a single element that allows me to get a negative rating,” he concluded.

Disappointment of the private manager in the public sector

Among the complaints about the slowness of the decision on public affairs – “if you want my personal opinion, I would like things to go much faster”, he said, “because I know that the salary must be paid” – Costa Silva left some news regarding the programs Belarusian Popular Front, with an emphasis on the announcement of the results of the Consolidar program, which is scheduled for release on Wednesday.

The programme, which has been revised upwards from 250 million euros to 500 million euros, aims to encourage investment in small and medium-sized enterprises and medium caps (mid-cap companies) impacted by the covid-19 pandemic but economically viable through venture capital funds managed by financial intermediaries.

The results of Consolidar will be announced tomorrow [quinta-feira] the Development Bank itself,” and the minister says he has “some confidence that this program can be transformative.”

He attacked what he called “the Portuguese smallest syndrome”: if small and medium-sized companies do not start mergers and acquisitions, thus gaining scale, “we will not be able to compete in international markets.”

See also  Benefits of setting up a business online

At the parliamentary hearings this Wednesday, a deputy from the Liberal Initiative confronted the Minister of Economy with the fact that the results of the Consolidar had already been published in website from BPF last weekend, but in the meantime deleted something that Costa Silva said he didn’t know about.

On February 18, BPF announced that the program had received 33 applications submitted by venture capital and venture capital management companies, totaling more than 1,300 million euros of investment to create equity funds. allocation of more than 3,100 million euros.

At a parliamentary hearing on September 8, Beatrice Freitas, chairman of the BNF executive committee, said that the initial appropriation of 250 million euros for the Consolidar program would be increased “to a much larger amount”, meanwhile set 500 million euros, justifying the increase in funding “by a very significant demand ”, registered by the initiative.

The Strategic Recapitalization Program, which aims to fund strategic non-financial companies impacted by Covid-19, said in response to the lack of applicants that “we need to consider why a small number of companies are not applying for the program. (…) we are looking at it to see how it is with the new administration and there may be some flexibility with some criteria,” he said.

However, Costa Silva described the BPF as a bank “not designed to compete with commercial banks” and that recent developments would make it “highly likely”. [tenhamos] a better development bank, more market-oriented and more in line with what we want for the Portuguese economy,” he predicted.

See also  Starting grid and race preview for Styrian Grand Prix

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

The disappearance of Fernando Gomes touched every corner of the world and Portuguese football.

Published

on

The disappearance of Fernando Gomes touched every corner of the world and Portuguese football.

The disappearance of Fernando Gomes touched every corner of the world and Portuguese football.

This Saturday was Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa was the first to praise the whole “portism” of “Bibot”, at a time when he could not hide his emotions. “He left us one of the greatest Porto players that I have known in my entire life. Ever since I was a boy I have known him through the youth system, he had a love for Porto that was beyond the norm. And the whole life was a great success. The greatest successes of FC Porto were associated with him,” the president of FC Porto recalled.

Also Sergio Conceisau talked about the connection with football with Fernando Gomes, which began when he was 17 years old. The coach of the blue and whites said that in addition to the relationship he had with the “bibot” at Porto, he heard a lot of advice from someone whom he considers “an idol in this club.”

“Fernando had a habit of always texting me before every game,” the coach recalled.

Both on the lawns and in the pavilions, during the various matches of the Futebol Clube do Porto, as in the case of volleyball and basketball teams, as well as football (under 15), there was a moment of silence.

From Qatar came the sadness of blue and white players, namely Pepe, Otavio, Eustace e Diogo Costawho shared the tribute on social media.

Also coach of the Portuguese national team, Fernando Santos, a former dragon trainer, left a message for the Porto family. Through a video posted on the Portuguese Football Federation’s website, the Quinas coach revealed that he was experiencing a “moment of sadness” about the match and, on behalf of the team, left “condolence wishes to the family.”

See also  Starting grid and race preview for Styrian Grand Prix

BUT Selection and the Portuguese Football Federation released announcements and tributes through social media. same way UEFA shared his grief over the former Portugal international who scored 14 goals in a Quinas jersey. OUR League of Portugalthrough Pedro Proença, praised the greatest figure of national football who was one of its greatest ambassadors both on and off the pitch.

already Secretary of State for Sports Joao Paulo Correiaexpressed his condolences to FC Porto and the entire family of the former striker who marked generations.

Finally, City Hall of Porto remembered one of the most important figures in the city who raised him through football and Futebol Clube do Porto.

On the blue and white side too Vitor Baia, deco e Future were among the many players who remembered Fernando Gomes.

Fernando Gomes passed away this Saturday at the age of 66, and these are just some of the many reactions to the death of the former Porto striker. He is remembered in the FC Porto museum with the captain’s armband on the statue of the eternal number nine.

Continue Reading

Top News

11-year-old Portuguese won the final of the world championship in karting

Published

on

11-year-old Portuguese won the final of the world championship in karting

Scroll through the image gallery above by clicking on the arrows.

The writing

Topics

Martim Marques, who also became the Portuguese Karting Champion and Rotax Champion of Portugal this year, reached the final of his race in 11th position on the grid.

Portuguese driver Martim Marques, 11, won the Rotax World Karting Final this weekend at the Kartódromo Internacional do Algarve in Portimão.

Martim Marques, who this year also became the Portuguese Karting Champion and Rotax Champion of Portugal, started in the final of his race in 11th place on the grid among 35 drivers.

“It has been a fantastic year for the Portuguese riders and what Martim has achieved today is remarkable and deserves all the recognition. Congratulations to Portuguese karting, as well as to all those who help and support the career of Martim and all other pilots,” the president said. Portuguese Automobile and Karting Federation (FPAK), Ni Amorim.

See also  Starting grid and race preview for Styrian Grand Prix
Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese researcher publishes dissertation on transgender people in children’s literature – Observer

Published

on

Portuguese researcher publishes dissertation on transgender people in children's literature – Observer

The publication of children’s books about gender identity in Portugal is still rare because the topic has not yet been standardized in public discourse, researcher Emanuel Madalena, who dedicated his doctoral dissertation to Luce, told the agency.

Emanuel Madalena, collaborating researcher at the Center for Languages, Literature and Cultures of the University of Aveiro, wrote a doctoral thesis on the presence of the topic of gender identity, in particular about transgender people, in children’s literaturewhich he later adapted into a book called “Challenge to Gender”, which will be presented in Lisbon this Saturday.

For the investigation, Emanuel Madalena reviewed a pre- and initial reading edition of books published between 2000 and 2019, bringing together 38 works edited in English, Portuguese and Spanish.

Of the books analyzed in the dissertation, there are two that deserve attention for their quality, noted by Emanuel Madalena, and which are published in Portugal: “O Jaime é uma sereia” by Jessica Love (Fábula), “which is in the process of canonization” by readers and ” Thiago’s Dresses” by Joana Estrela in her own edition.

Speaking to the Lusa agency, Emanuel Madalena argues that picture books for children about gender identity, and transgender people in particular, are “very important in providing information about identity to these children and informing people in general about this issue.”

In his book, published by the cultural cooperative Outro Modo, Emanuel Madalena writes that “children’s literature on transgender topics is important not only for transgender children, but for all children and for society as a whole” because it can foster “attitudes of acceptance and integration of differences.

See also  The L'Hermitage Hotel is sold for at least $ 100 million

The researcher does not have a clear answer why there are no more books on this topic in Portugal.

It’s not that the Portuguese publishing scene is far ahead in terms of trends – it isn’t – but maybe it’s a bit on the side of authors. The public discourse on these topics in Portugal itself needs more discussion, information, but it is enough for one of these players to want it, the editor has a strong desire to publish it or the author created it for something to happen, ”he believes. .

In the course of the investigation, Emanuel Madalena read some of these books to children and met with no resistance.

“This is a completely adult problem. (…) This is an essential question of a dual addressee: the book should be liked by both children and adults, and it is they who choose it, especially for early childhood,” he said.

The researcher believes that it is through independent publishers or those with greater creative and editorial freedom that more titles on these topics can be published.

“The independent publication is the firmest first step towards the centripetal path of legitimizing the transgender theme, from the fringe of the literary subsystem of children’s literature to its commercial center,” he wrote.

Emanuel Madalena believes that by reflecting changes in society, entering into public discourse, “emerging, controversial and sensitive topics end up being not so”, even if there may be moments of discomfort on the part of some readers.

“Like, for example, the topic of divorce, which was once divisive in children’s literature and is no longer so. It even seems ridiculous to think that talking about it with children is taboo,” he recalls.

See also  Attvel welcomes Brazilians to Cancun by offering services in Portuguese.

Given that “books for children with transgender themes are still in their early stages”, Emanuel Madalena explains in the book that much of the literary output is still geared towards cognitive-pedagogical aspect, legitimation, and not in the game phase for younger readers.

Emanuel Madalena, PhD in Literature, MA in Editorial Studies and Education, hopes his work will contribute to “gender studies and the movement to include and make gender diversity visible in academic research.”

“Chalking Gender – Transgender in Children’s Literature” will be presented this Saturday at the Snob bookstore in Lisbon by André Tesedeiro and in the presence of the author.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Continue Reading

Trending