Connect with us

Top News

Coach files injunction against holding rugby championship

Published

on

Coach files injunction against holding rugby championship

Técnico has filed a preliminary injunction with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (TAD) to prevent the start of the Portuguese rugby championship scheduled for October 8, the club’s president told Lusa.

“Today, a precautionary measure was filed with TAD to prevent the start of the championship without Técnico,” said Pedro Lucas.

On Tuesday, the Portuguese Rugby Federation (FPR) published on its official website the Top 10 calendar, the new designation for the first national competitive tier without Técnico, despite TAD lifting the club’s suspension and relegation in August. to the third tier.

Even today, the engineers released a statement promising to hold the Portuguese Rugby Federation (FPR) responsible “for the mess it’s getting into”.

“They could lead to the postponement of the sine die of next season, as well as the inevitable payment of large compensation. The management of Técnico has no doubt that they are right on their side,” they say in the Olaias club.

In the document, Técnico also accuses the FPR management of having found a “strategy” to demote the club “at any cost” by rushing “without any sense or independence not to accept the request to withdraw” the withdrawal from the club. Higher Technical Institute (AEIST).

On August 25, FPR said in a statement that AEIST “reported on August 10, 2022 that it is no longer affiliated” with the organization.

The engineers claim that the withdrawal letter sent by AEIST “arose from his management’s failure to comply with FPR rules” and recall that “it was promptly withdrawn by AEIST”, which FPR management did not accept.

See also  The book, written in Portuguese and Guarani, combines drawings and

“That is to say, the leadership of the FPR, after being given the full reason for the Técnico em Tribunal, immediately retaliates with hypocritical insolence and prevents a club with more than 60 years of existence and the champion of the country. [em 2021] participate in the competitions of one federation, the main task of which should be the protection of associated clubs, ”accuses Technico.

On April 20, the FPR Disciplinary Board upheld a CDUL protest alleging that Técnico had used nine players irregularly in a match between the two teams on March 23, in violation of Article 37, no. 1 a) of the Disciplinary Regulations.

Ten days later, on 30 April, the FPR board decided to enforce CD’s decision after receiving an appeal from Técnico, disqualifying the then national champions and relegating them to Portugal’s last competitive level.

Técnico filed an appeal with the FPR Council of Justice, which found the appeal unfounded on May 6, in an order that also showed that the engineers had already appealed the decision to TAD.

On August 18, according to information provided by Técnico, TAD annulled the decisions of the FPR board and its Disciplinary Council, but on the same day, the sport’s governing body in Portugal announced that it “must appeal” to a higher authority. instances.

Técnico is one of the historical Portuguese rugby clubs, founded in 1963.

Olaias-based “engineers” at the highest level have three national champion titles (1981, 1998 and 2021), four Portuguese Cups (1969, 1971, 1973 and 1994) and one Supercup (1994).

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year, and this is “inconceivable”.

Published

on

Every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year, and this is "inconceivable".

President of the Portuguese Federation of Food Banks Against Hunger Isabelle Jonet considers food waste unacceptable and absurd, as every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year.

As World Food Loss and Waste Awareness Day is celebrated, speaking at a conference on the subject in Lisbon, the official recalled statistics released by the National Statistical Institute and said the situation was “worse than expected.”

The data, official and published for the first time, refers to 2020 and shows that 1.89 million tons of food was wasted in Portugal this year, so each Portuguese wasted an average of 183.6 kilograms of food.

INE statistics show that families spend the most. The figures show that over 1.2 million tons of food was wasted by families this year, followed by catering with over 237 thousand tons, trade and distribution with 214 thousand tons, primary production with over 101 thousand tons and food . industry, about 61 thousand tons.

“We buy too much, we buy bad, we let it go bad. It is unacceptable that a third of what is produced ends up in the trash,” the official said, speaking at a debate organized by the United Movement Against Waste.

Ana Cristina Carrola of the Portuguese Environmental Protection Agency (APA), who also took part in the debate, stressed that the average amount of waste per year per inhabitant in the European Union is 173 kg, less than the 183 kg that is thrown away by the Portuguese.

“This is unthinkable in our day,” he lamented.

See also  The book, written in Portuguese and Guarani, combines drawings and

Continue Reading

Top News

Thanks to goals from Evanilson and Pepe, Porto beat Braga in Portuguese; Sporting wins too

Published

on

Thanks to goals from Evanilson and Pepe, Porto beat Braga in Portuguese;  Sporting wins too



Evanilson scored four goals in eight matches in the 2022/23 Portuguese Liga (Photo: MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP)

Photo: Lance!

After the draw in the last round Portuguese Championship, Porto won again. This Friday, the defending champions thrashed Braga 4-1 at the Dragau Stadium. Goals came from Evanilson, Eustaquio, Pepe and Galeno. Defender Pepe, against, got to the opponent.

Ex-Fluminense Evanilson opened the scoring in the 32nd minute of the opening stage. Eustaquio tried to make a cross and the Brazilian forward appeared on the second post to prop up his chest. Two minutes later, Pepe filed Eustaquio, who sent the ball into an empty net.

In the final stage, the Portuguese-Brazilian defender Pepe tried to cut off a low cross, but sent him into his own net. Pepe, the former Gremio who assisted, got it from Taremi after a beautiful move that extended the game in the 18th minute. In addition, the Brazilian Galeno closed the account in the north of Portugal.

– I am very happy to score again and, above all, for this victory. A match we knew would be difficult, against a strong opponent who was in good sequence, but in which we managed to impose our rhythm and win three points in front of our fans. Now it’s time to rest and get back to work, already thinking about the next challenge, which is also very important for us, – said Evanilson after the match.

SPORTING TOO WINS

Another great player to take the field this Friday is Sporting CP. In Lisbon, on José de Alvalade, the Lions beat Gil Vicente 3-1. For Rubén Amorim’s side, Morita, Pote Gonçalves and Rocinha scored. Fran Navarro scored in stoppage time.



Sporting CP are the vice-leaders of Portugal (Photo: PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA / AFP)

Sporting CP are the vice-leaders of Portugal (Photo: PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA / AFP)

Photo: Lance!

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  Elon Musk gets a performance-based Tesla payment of $ 775 million
Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese tennis player Gonçalo Oliveira in the doubles final of the Lisbon Belém Open

Published

on

Portuguese coach praises the development of women's handball after the Iberian duel

Oliveira and Kolar defeated France’s Manuel Guinard and Venezuela’s Luis David Martínez in the semi-finals for first place in the series, in straight sets with partial scores of 6-1 and 6-2 after 58 minutes of play.

In the title match, they will take on the Ukrainian duo of Vladislav Manafov and Oleg Prikhodko, who eliminated Jivan Nedunchezhyan of India and Christopher Rungkat of Indonesia 6-4 and 6-2 in the semi-finals.

For the 27-year-old Portuguese tennis player, this will be his 31st doubles final at the ATP Challenger Tour and third at the Lisboa Belém Open after reaching the final in 2017 with compatriot Frederico Gil and champion in 2020 with Dominican Roberto Cid Subervi.

In singles, Italian Marco Cecchinato, semi-finalist of Roland Garros in 2018, beat Spaniard Carlos Taberner 7-6 (7-2) and 6-4, scheduling a meeting in the semi-final with the “Reserve” Kazakh Timofey Skatov, responsible for eliminating Frenchman Benoit Pera, in three matches, with a score of 6-4, 2-6 and 7-5.

The other semi-final of the Lisbon tournament will be discussed between Austrian Filip Mizolich, who defeated Giulio Zeppieri 6-4 today, and Frenchman Luca van Assche, the executioner of compatriot Alexander Müller, who finished seventh. parts 6-4 and 7-5.

See also  US, Brazil, and others lift lockdown earlier. That turns deadly.
Continue Reading

Trending