Connect with us

World

Trump accuses FBI of stealing three passports

Published

on

Donald Trump has used social media to file yet another accusation against the FBI after a search of a house in Mar-a-Lago, where several classified documents were seized. This time, the former US president claims that the federal police stole three of his passports.

Again classifying the government’s interference as a political attack, Trump used the network most valued by the American far right, Social Truth, to ask for the return of documents, apparently wanting to use the network as a form of official communication with the authorities, and later claimed that three passports, including expired ones.

However, the Department of Justice has already assured that it does not have documents proving the identity of Donald Trump.

In addition to the Espionage Act violations, Trump is also under investigation for alleged obstruction of justice and destruction of federal government documents, the paper said after a Florida judge released the documents with the information.

The warrant that allowed the FBI (U.S. Federal Police) to search the Trump mansion in Mar-a-Lago, Florida on Monday last week shows agents were looking for evidence of mishandling of confidential documents by some of the Republican politician, including some labeled “top secret”, which is a violation of three criminal laws.

Conviction under these laws can result in imprisonment or a fine.

See also  Maduro expects positive results from new talks with opposition

Thus, the search warrant authorized FBI agents to seize materials from the Trump residence to investigate crimes related to the Espionage Act, which prohibits the unauthorized possession of national security information that could harm the United States or aid an adversary.

Donald Trump, who categorizes the searches at his residence as “un-American, unjustified and unnecessary,” has already demanded “immediate” disclosure of this federal warrant used by the FBI.

Hours earlier, the Justice Department had also asked the court to vacate the warrant, with Attorney General Merrick Garland citing “significant public interest in the matter.”

The DOJ request is surprising given that such documents traditionally remain sealed during ongoing investigations.

However, the Department appears to acknowledge that its silence in the aftermath of the searches has opened up space for verbal attacks from Trump and his allies, and that the public has a right to know the FBI’s perspective on what prompted Monday’s action. house.

“The clear and strong interest of the public in understanding what happened under these circumstances goes a long way in favor of the discovery,” the petition filed in federal court in Florida on Thursday said.

Now, in addition to the warrant that authorized the search, a long list of documents seized on Monday by FBI agents has also been made public.

The Wall Street Journal reported that agents found classified documents, including some “top secret” documents that were supposed to be kept only in special government offices.

The newspaper, which had access to the list of seized materials, explains that the FBI seized a total of 20 boxes from the Trump mansion in Mar-a-Lago, including 11 collections of classified materials.

See also  More than half a million died from Covid-19 in Brazil - O Jornal Económico

The Wall Street Journal also reports that some documents have been marked “Top Secret”, the highest level of confidentiality that can be applied to information in the intelligence system of the United States of America (USA).

Among the materials recovered by the FBI and described in detail are files related to the presidential pardon of former Trump associate Roger Stone, information about French President Emmanuel Macron, and documents related to nuclear weapons.

To obtain a search warrant, federal authorities must prove to a judge that there is good reason to believe that a crime has been committed.

Garland said she personally approved the warrant, a decision she said was not an easy one to make, as standard practice, whenever possible, is to opt for a less intrusive tactic than a house search.

The operation, carried out at the residence of Donald Trump, infuriated loyal supporters of the Republican, provoking “political persecution.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Vladimir Putin has delayed the invasion of Ukraine at least three times.

Published

on

Putin has repeatedly consulted with Russian Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov and Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu about the invasion, Europa Press told Ukraine’s chief intelligence director Vadim Skibitsky.

According to Skibitsky, it was the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), which is responsible for counterintelligence and espionage work, that put pressure on Gerasimov and other military agencies to agree to launch an offensive. .

However, according to the Ukrainian intelligence services, the FSB considered that by the end of February sufficient preparations had already been made to guarantee the success of the Russian Armed Forces in a lightning invasion.

However, according to Kyiv, the Russian General Staff provided the Russian troops with supplies and ammunition for only three days, hoping that the offensive would be swift and immediately successful.

The head of Ukrainian intelligence also emphasized the cooperation of local residents, who always provided the Ukrainian authorities with up-to-date information about the Russian army, such as the number of soldiers or the exact location of troops.

The military offensive launched on February 24 by Russia in Ukraine caused at least 6.5 million internally displaced persons and more than 7.8 million refugees to European countries, which is why the UN classifies this migration crisis as the worst in Europe since World War II (1939-1945). gg.). ).

At the moment, 17.7 million Ukrainians are in need of humanitarian assistance, and 9.3 million are in need of food aid and housing.

The UN has presented as confirmed 6,755 civilian deaths and 10,607 wounded since the beginning of the war, stressing that these figures are much lower than the real ones.

See also  Two years of COVID-19 that changed the world: irreversible changes caused by the pandemic - News

Continue Reading

World

Life sentence for former Swedish official for spying for Russia

Published

on

A Stockholm court on Monday sentenced a former Swedish intelligence officer to life in prison for spying for Russia, and his brother to at least 12 years in prison. In what is considered one of the most serious cases in Swedish counterintelligence history, much of the trial took place behind closed doors in the name of national security.

According to the prosecution, it was Russian military intelligence, the GRU, who took advantage of the information provided by the two brothers between 2011 and their arrest at the end of 2021.

Peyman Kia, 42, has held many senior positions in the Swedish security apparatus, including the army and his country’s intelligence services (Säpo). His younger brother, Payam, 35, is accused of “participating in the planning” of the plot and of “managing contacts with Russia and the GRU, including passing on information and receiving financial rewards.”

Both men deny the charges, and their lawyers have demanded an acquittal on charges of “aggravated espionage,” according to the Swedish news agency TT.

The trial coincides with another case of alleged Russian espionage, with the arrest of the Russian-born couple in late November in a suburb of Stockholm by a police team arriving at dawn in a Blackhawk helicopter.

Research website Bellingcat identified them as Sergei Skvortsov and Elena Kulkova. The couple allegedly acted as sleeper agents for Moscow, having moved to Sweden in the late 1990s.

According to Swedish press reports, the couple ran companies specializing in the import and export of electronic components and industrial technology.

See also  Fusion power: Scientists in California conduct successful experiment, US announces 'major scientific breakthrough' on Tuesday

The man was again detained at the end of November for “illegal intelligence activities.” His partner, suspected of being an accomplice, has been released but remains under investigation.

According to Swedish authorities, the arrests are not related to the trial of the Kia brothers.

Continue Reading

World

Ukraine admitted that Russia may announce a general mobilization

Published

on

“They can strengthen their positions. We understand that this can happen. At the same time, we do not rule out that they will announce a general mobilization,” Danilov said in an interview with the Ukrainska Pravda online publication.

Danilov believed that this mobilization would also be convened “to exterminate as many as possible” of Russian citizens, so that “they would no longer have any problems on their territory.”

In this sense, Danilov also reminded that Russia has not given up on securing control over Kyiv or the idea of ​​the complete “destruction” of Ukraine. “We have to be ready for anything,” he said.

“I want everyone to understand that [os russos] they have not given up on the idea of ​​destroying our nation. If they don’t have Kyiv in their hands, they won’t have anything in their hands, we must understand this,” continued Danilov, who also did not rule out that a new Russian offensive would come from “Belarus and other territories.” .

As such, Danilov praised the decision of many of its residents who chose to stay in the Ukrainian capital when the war broke out in order to defend the city.

“They expected that there would be panic, that people would run, that there would be nothing to protect Kyiv,” he added, referring to President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The military offensive launched on February 24 by Russia in Ukraine caused at least 6.5 million internally displaced persons and more than 7.8 million refugees to European countries, which is why the UN classifies this migration crisis as the worst in Europe since World War II (1939-1945). gg.). ).

See also  Two years of COVID-19 that changed the world: irreversible changes caused by the pandemic - News

At the moment, 17.7 million Ukrainians are in need of humanitarian assistance, and 9.3 million are in need of food aid and housing.

The Russian invasion, justified by Russian President Vladimir Putin on the need to “denazify” and demilitarize Ukraine for Russia’s security, was condemned by the international community at large, which responded by sending weapons to Ukraine and imposing political and economic sanctions on Russia.

The UN has presented as confirmed 6,755 civilian deaths and 10,607 wounded since the beginning of the war, stressing that these figures are much lower than the real ones.

Continue Reading

Trending