Connect with us

Economy

The new Polestar 6 is real, and the electric roadster will even arrive in 2026.

Published

on

Electric car maker Polestar said Tuesday it is expanding its lineup to include a convertible with over 870 horsepower upholstered in recycled polyester. Customers can now start booking assembly slots online.

Production of the Polestar 6 based on the O₂ electric vehicle will begin in 2026.

Thomas Ingenlath, CEO of Polestar, called next roadster "the perfect combination of powerful electrical performance and the thrill of fresh air with the top down."

The company announced some features goal as:

  • Price: 200 thousand dollars
  • Speed ​​from 0-100km/h: 3.2 seconds
  • Max speed: 250 km/h
  • Strength: 650 kW
  • Autonomy (WLTP): Over 600 km
  • line of motion: double motor
  • Electrical architecture: 800 V

However, the company is already confirming some things.

The auto giant has confirmed that the convertible will use the same aluminum platform and 800-volt architecture as its upcoming Polestar 5 GT.

Polestar will do 500 limited edition models, 6 LA, named after the city where the electric roadster debuted. These models will have sky blue body color and leather interior.

Polestar, which debuted on the Nasdaq in June. outlined aggressive growth plans. The company pulled out of Volvo and Geely to merge with Gorges Guggenheim Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) in a $20 billion valuation.

The automaker has raised $890 million in a deal to help fund three year growth planwhich includes expanding its global operations, opening a second shift at a plant in China, and starting production of the Polestar 3 in October at Volvo's South Carolina plant.

Polestar with a promising future

The company also plans to introduce the Polestar 4 midsize crossover in 2023 and the four-door Polestar 5 GT in 2024.

In July, the company said it was on a good path to a sale. 50,000 cars this year. The Polestar 2 is currently the only model the automaker is selling, following the discontinued 600-horsepower plug-in hybrid 1.

The company's ambitious plans include expansion to 30 countries by the end of 2023 and annual sales 290,000 vehicles by 2025 - about 10 times more sales in 2021.

Read also...

See also  Galp, Prio, Efacec and 48 other consortiums. Look at the companies selected in the mobilization programs – ECO
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

Do you want to apply for a home loan? Banks will limit the maximum amount they are allowed to lend to 30%

Published

on

Do you want to apply for a home loan?  Banks will limit the maximum amount they are allowed to lend to 30%

The increase in Euribor rates will limit the maximum amount banks are allowed to lend, and cuts could be around 30% as early as next month, Público reported on Monday. Debt reduction will also particularly affect those with lower incomes or less savings, who, subject to current regulations, will be required to guarantee at least 10% of the purchase price of the property, in addition to transaction costs. .

The duration of contracts, limited by the age of persons at the time of applying for a loan, is another factor that makes it difficult to access new loans. According to Eupago’s modeling, a loan intermediary, a couple aged 30 with a net monthly income of 1,800 euros, without inheritance or other loans, could receive a loan of 226 thousand euros in January last year, payable at the age of 37. . But a rate hike of 2% would mean that the same couple would only be able to fund themselves by 163,500 euros in September – 28% less. If the increase in Euribor reaches 2.5%, a value that can be reached next month, the amount will drop to 154.2 thousand euros.

The reasons? First, the increase in Euribor rates associated with most new home loans in Portugal, as well as the limits imposed by the Bank of Portugal since 2018 (when Euribor rates were negative) to limit the risk of household over-indebtedness. Banco de Portugal should not change the formula for calculating DSTI with a 3% increase, but says it is monitoring the situation. “As a macroprudential body, it monitors macroeconomic and financial developments and will continue to monitor compliance with the recommendation, as well as promote changes to it, always with the aim of improving its effectiveness,” the regulator told the daily newspaper.

See also  Galp, Prio, Efacec and 48 other consortiums. Look at the companies selected in the mobilization programs – ECO

Continue Reading

Economy

DHL with ‘great difficulty’ invests $50 million in Lisbon

Published

on

DHL with 'great difficulty' invests $50 million in Lisbon

Portugal could be a “much bigger gateway” for DHL’s business than it is today, said Dinheiro Vivo, CEO of DHL Express John Pearson, on the sidelines of the 2022 Trade Growth Atlas launch in Brussels, noting that there are business opportunities in the country’s largest distribution and logistics group in the world. However, the group has been trying “for years” to set up a new logistics terminal in Lisbon, but to no avail.

“We have been trying for many years with the ANA and the airport administration to create a new infrastructure, I think we are close to this. Our planes,” he emphasizes. DHL has grown “very fast” and has a “very healthy business with a very high market share” in Portugal, with good prospects “especially in the consumer segment”, which Pearson said could create “more terminals and jobs”.

Continue Reading

Economy

Iran cut off internet access… Elon Musk will give connection

Published

on

Irão cortou o acesso à Internet... Elon Musk vai dar conectividade

As we reported hereThere was a massive internet outage in Iran yesterday during a series of mass protests against the government.

After this action, Elon Musk posted a message on the social network Twitter, from which it follows that he is already activating his Starlink satellite network to allow Internet access in this country.

Elon Musk: Outfit [rede] Starlink for Internet access for Iranians

Iranians are facing massive internet shutdowns due to anti-government protests. Loss of connectivity, preventing access to platforms such as Instagram and WhatsApp, makes it difficult to organize demonstrations as well as share information about government crackdowns.

Elon Musk wasted no time and was quick to point out on Twitter that he was "helping [rede] Starlink...", in response to another message also posted on the social network Twitter by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, in which he revealed that the White House had given permission for Internet companies to provide their services to Iran.

Iran cut off internet access... Elon Musk will give connection

He recalls that the protests in Iran began on Friday last week after it became known about the death of 22-year-old Masha Amini after being detained by the Vice Police for wearing a veil placed in a way that agents considered wrong.

State television IRIB reported 26 deaths in clashes with police. The Iranian government has severely restricted internet access, and in recent days, mobile networks have been switched off from 9pm to morning.

On Thursday, the US sanctioned the Vice Police for the death of a young woman and seven security sector leaders for cracking down on demonstrations.

It should also be noted thatIranian citizens are banned from accessing Facebook, Telegram, Twitter and YouTube, despite the fact that many bypass these restrictions through a VPN.

Read also...

See also  China is waiting for the "storm"
Continue Reading

Trending