Connect with us

Tech

Tencent wants to become Ubisoft’s biggest shareholder

Published

on

Tencent wants to become Ubisoft's biggest shareholder

Tencent Holdings intends to buy more shares Ubisoft and become the majority partner of a French developer. A company that owns brands such as Ragnarok e League of Legends, wants to increase its share in the publishing house Assassin’s Creed, as a way to consolidate business on a global level. Information provided by Reuters.

Tencent bought a 5% stake in Ubisoft in 2018. This time, the largest Chinese social network and game company has reportedly reached out to the Guillemo family, the founders of Ubisoft, to express interest in increasing their stake in the company.

According to anonymous sources that came to the attention of the report, Tencent intends to become the largest shareholder of the French company by buying an additional stake. To do this, the Chinese giant will negotiate directly with the Guillemot family, which owns 15% of the publishing house.

Another avenue being explored is the acquisition of minority shares. According to its latest annual report, about 80% of the shares of the French company are held by minority shareholders. Tencent is also willing to pay up to 100 euros (531.92 reais) per share to acquire an additional stake. In 2018, the company spent 66 euros (352 reais) per share for 5% of the shares.

Details of the deal have yet to be finalized and are subject to change, the sources said. Ubisoft is currently valued at US$5.3 billion, which is just over R$27 billion. A potential deal with Tencent saw the publisher’s share price experience its biggest daily increase since 2004, with shares up 21%.

See also  Four astronauts embark on a new six-month mission into space

Tencent is the largest company in the gaming world

Tencent has an important position in the Western gaming market. The giant is considered the most powerful video game company in the world with a stake in Epic Games (40%), Krafton Game Union (11.5%), among other names in the sector.

In 2016, the Chinese bought a majority stake in Supercell from “clan warThe deal was one of the largest in the gaming industry, valued at R$44 billion. In 2021, the Chinese conglomerate earned US$13.9 billion from games.

Source: Reuters

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tech

‘My power is really low’: NASA’s Mars Insight rover prepares to launch from the Red Planet

Published

on

NASA Lander InSight He has delivered what may be his last message from Mars as he embarks on a historic mission to uncover the secrets of the Red Planet’s interior.

In November, the space agency warned that the probe could be running out of time as dust continued to condense and stifle InSight’s power.

“Spacecraft power generation continues to decline as windblown dust accumulates on solar panels,” NASA said in a statement. Update November 2. “The end is expected to come in the coming weeks.”

message shared NASA The InSight Twitter account tweeted on Monday: “My power is very low so this might be the last photo I can upload. Don’t worry about me: my time here has been productive and uneventful. If I can keep talking to my mission team, I will—but I will.” Subscribe here soon. Thank you for staying with me.”

My power is very low, so this might be the last photo I can upload. But don’t worry about me: my time here has been productive and uneventful. If I can keep talking to my mission team, I will, but I’ll sign here soon. Thank you for staying with me. pic.twitter.com/wkYKww15kQ

— NASA InSight (@NASAInSight) December 19, 2022

A geologist robot armed with a hammer and a seismograph first reached the barren expanse of Elysium Planitia in November 2018.

Since then, she has carried out geological excavations, taking the first measurements of earthquakes with a high-tech seismometer placed right on the surface of Mars.

Last month, the solar-powered car released an update to remind us of its time in space.

“I was lucky to live on two planets. Four years ago I made it safely to the second one, much to the joy of my family at first. Thanks to my team for taking me on this journey of discovery. I hope I can be proud of you.”

According to the published mission, Insight has measured more than 1,300 seismic events since it was published, and more than 50 of them had signals clear enough for the team to extract information about their location on Mars. Results.

The probe’s data also provided detailed information about Mars’ interior, liquid core, surprisingly variable remnants beneath the surface of an extinct magnetic field, climate and seismic activity.

old for Its launch in 2018NASA Chief Scientist Jim Green said the mission was “fundamental to understanding the origins of our solar system and how it became what it is today.”

NASA will not declare the mission complete until Insight confirms the arrival of two spacecraft orbiting Mars that are relaying their information back to Earth.

In 2018, the veteran rover announced the capabilities end of his 15 year stay Sending an incomplete photo of the Valley of Perseverance.

A severe dust storm darkened the sky around the solar-powered rover, shattering the sun and leaving behind a dark image with white spots due to camera noise. The transmission is interrupted before the complete image can be transmitted.

See also  Xiaomi Mi Band 7 already has a presentation date and it won't arrive alone
Continue Reading

Tech

What’s new on February 7, 2023

Published

on

OnePlus 11 5G Buds Pro 2 evento

Being very close companies, OPPO and OnePlus have decided to create a new partnership, with the latter being a pioneer in the market. It has become the representative of the best smartphones in the group, and this will be seen very soon.

Proving this, OnePlus has announced that it will have news soon. The following brand assets will be announced on February 7, 2023. We are talking about OnePlus 11 5G and Buds Pro 2.


In recent years, OnePlus has been showcasing new hardware in an attempt to find a new place in the market. The brand has not always seen its full potential, betting on mid-range or entry-level smartphones.

The situation is changing, and the novelty will go on sale in early 2023, February 7. It is on this day that the new OnePlus 11 5G will be presented with all the expected news. We definitely have the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC here. There's still 16GB of storage left and 256GB of onboard storage.

OnePlus 11 5G Buds Pro 2 events

It is expected that he will receive a 6.7-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1440p and a frequency of 120 Hz. In the field of photography, we will have an important change: a 50 MP main camera, a 48 MP ultra wide-angle camera and a 32 MP telephoto lens with 2x zoom. For selfies and video calls, you'll have a 16-megapixel camera.

The photography partnership with Hasselblad will continue with OnePlus for fine-tuning and some additions. This alliance has brought important results for the best smartphones of the brand, guaranteeing the best photos in any situation.

OnePlus 11 5G Buds Pro 2 events

In addition to the new OnePlus 11 5G, another brand new feature is also expected to arrive at the event. We're talking about the Buds Pro 2, which are solidifying an audio commitment that's becoming more of a reality. The brand promises "rich stereo quality sound with crystal clear clarity".

Stays like this marked by the beginning of February, another important novelty will enter the market. OnePlus wants to reclaim its place, and that will be the brand's bet for years to come. OnePlus 11 5G and Buds Pro 2 take the first step in this direction.

See also  Google pushes Apple for new RCS messaging campaign
Continue Reading

Tech

New POCO Smartphone Seen in Certification May Debut Soon

Published

on

New POCO Smartphone Seen in Certification May Debut Soon

According to information provided by Mukul Sharma, the unidentified POCO device can be identified by the model number 22127PC95I. Due to the fact that it was first seen online, the marketing name of this equipment is still a mystery.

POCO has not launched new mobile devices, including smartphones, to the market for some time now. On the other hand, several POCO smartphones such as POKO X5 and X5 Pro have been spotted on various certification sites, suggesting that the company will release these products soon. Today a new smartphone from the sub-brand xiaomi has been spotted on the BIS India website but the device does not have a name or any other details associated with it.

According to information provided by Mukul Sharma, the unidentified POCO device can be identified by the model number 22127PC95I. Due to the fact that it was first seen online, the marketing name of this equipment is still a mystery. It is possible that it will debut as a mid-range smartphone. The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) website, other than the model number of the smartphone, does not provide any additional information about the device. However, this seems to indicate that the product will be available in the Indian market very soon.

In other related news, POCO X5 5G has recently been seen on several certification sites including SIRIM in Malaysia, BIS in India and the US FCC. According to various sources, it is possible that this is a renamed or modified version Redmi Note 12 5Gwhich was recently released in China.

See also  Find out what's new in the Battlefield 2042 patch.

It is supposed to be equipped screen 6.67″ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate and chipset Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 inside. Can run MIUI 13 based on android 12 and have LPDDR4x RAM in addition to UFS 2.2 storage. The front camera is rumored to be 8MP while the main rear camera will be 48MP with 2MP depth. May have the ability drums 5000 mAh and 33W fast charging support.

In addition POCO X5 Pro 5G has recently been seen on various sites dedicated to certification. The battery is said to have a capacity of 5000 mAh and can charge at 67W. It will come with MIUI 14 preinstalled and will support n5, n7, n38, n41, n77 and n78 network bands. 5G.

Read the latest news from the world of technology in Google News, facebook e Twitter and also in our telegram group

Every day we bring you dozens of news from the world of Android in Portuguese. Follow us on Google News. Click here and then on “Subscribe”. Thank you!

Continue Reading

Trending