Connect with us

World

“Happy birthday daddy.” Isabelle dos Santos, Chise and Coreon Do crying father in the distance

Published

on

Coreon Du, who has previously said he is going through hard times after a Spanish court decided to hand over the body of the former president to the widow of Ana Paula dos Santos against the wishes of her older children, regretting that she had the opportunity to “say goodbye to him on the earth that saw us born”, today I wanted to celebrate the anniversary.

“When I was a child, my dad taught me not to be afraid of the dark, because there is always light,” José Eduardo Paulino dos Santos, better known by the artistic name Coreon Do, wrote on his social networks.

“In the most difficult moments, I will remember your serene voice and smile, which, I hope, will motivate me not to lose optimism and sanity. Congratulations, dad, ”wrote the Angolan singer and producer.

Businesswoman Isabel dos Santos expressed regret the day before, writing: “What is happening is heartbreaking” and posting the following content: “Betrayal, lack of loyalty burn in the heart of someone who has so trusted. When we are betrayed by those we love, we weep and mourn the pain of dying, as if we had to bury someone still breathing.

Today he only wished: “Happy birthday, dad.”

Chise dos Santos, a businesswoman, influencer and former MPLA MP, also wished her father a happy birthday in a post accompanied by a song in which he added: “In memory of you, I will continue to fight for the motherland.”

Chise dos Santos also refers to the statements of General Francisco Furtado, who on Saturday accused his children of lack of common sense, lamenting that they missed a “better opportunity”, criticizing “militant creatures, despicable and devoid of any humanism” who believe that “Funeral is a battle.”

See also  The worst news has come. Police find the body of one of the sisters kidnapped by her father in Spain - Observer

The three did not visit Angola for several years, as did José Eduardo dos Santos, who decided to go into exile in Barcelona when the regime led by Joao Lourenço, his successor since 2017, raised the anti-corruption flag by targeting some of his children. . , namely Isabel do Santos, against whom several cases have been initiated in Angolan justice.

Today, only four of the eight children of the former head of state were present at the funeral: three shared with Anna Paula dos Santos (Josiana, Danilo and Breno) and Jose Filomeno dos Santos, convicted in a corruption case. and is awaiting appeal at large.

Josian delivered an emotional eulogy on behalf of the family, recalling her father’s love of sports and music, emphasizing, “Your light will always shine, you will never be forgotten.”

“Your children and grandchildren will always love you, may your soul rest in peace,” Josiana said in a choked voice.
The body of José Eduardo dos Santos, who died on July 8 in Barcelona, ​​only returned to Angola last Saturday after a legal battle between the two sides of the family.

On one side were Chise dos Santos and his older brothers, who opposed the transfer of the former first lady’s remains and opposed holding a state funeral ahead of the election to avoid political exploitation.

On the other hand, the widow Ana Paula dos Santos and their three common children with Jose Eduardo dos Santos, who wanted the former president to be buried in Angola.

This demand was supported by the Angolan government, which announced its intention to hold a state funeral, but was forced to agree to a disembodied commemoration shortly after the death, pending a decision by the judicial authorities.

See also  Taliban number two in Kabul to form new government

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Russian officials declare total “yes” victory in all referendums – Newsroom

Published

on

According to the electoral bodies established by Russia in four regions, 93.11% of the citizens of Zaporozhye voted in favor of joining Russia after counting 100% of the ballots.

In the Kherson region, the Moscow administration reported that 87.05% of voters voted “for” the annexation, with all votes also counted.

Shortly thereafter, the authorities in Luhansk also declared a “yes” victory, and in the fourth Ukrainian region, which also hosted a “referendum”, Donbass (East), the count continues, despite the fact that the authorities have already announced that “yes, he is in dominated to a large extent.

Today, the President of Russia (the Kremlin) again threatened to use nuclear weapons to protect the territories in question.

The referenda, opposed by both Kyiv and the West, should serve as a pretext for Moscow to annex four regions, which could happen as early as Friday.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba ignored the voting figures announced during the day and assured that “nothing changes” in the military actions of Kyiv.

Ukraine’s allies also denounced these votes, urgently organized by Russia in view of the advance of the Kyiv troops.

The UN Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs reaffirmed the UN’s support for the “territorial integrity of Ukraine” and “its recognized borders” at a meeting of the Security Council today on “referendums” on annexation.

The G7, a group of seven of the world’s most industrialized countries (Germany, Canada, the US, France, Italy, Japan, and the UK), vowed to “never recognize” the results, and Washington guaranteed it would “not recognize.” tough response” through new economic sanctions.

See also  Covid-19: hospitalizations drop to 45% among those infected with the Omicron variant - News

In 2014, Russia used the results of a referendum held under military occupation to legalize the annexation of the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea in the Black Sea.

Continue Reading

World

“Strong underwater explosions” were recorded during Nord Stream pipeline leaks

Published

on

“Strong underwater explosions”. So on Tuesday, the seismological stations of Denmark and Sweden relate to what was recorded in the Baltic Sea after the detected malfunctions in the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline.

On Swedish television SVT, experts from the country’s National Seismic Network assured that “there is no doubt that these are explosions,” citing the fact that the impact of one of them was similar to a small earthquake.

The first “powerful emission of energy” of magnitude 1.9 was recorded on Sunday evening at 2:03 am (1:03 am in Lisbon) in the southeast of the Danish island of Bornholm, said Peter Schmidt of the National Seismic Network of Sweden. French agency AFP.

The Swedish institute recorded a second case of magnitude 2.3 at 19:04 local time on Monday (18:04 in Lisbon) in the northeast of the island. “We interpret this as the arrival with the highest probability of some form of detonation.“, Schmidt said.

A video has surfaced on social media showing “waves moving from the bottom to the surface.” The first explosion was recorded at 2 am on Monday, and the second – around 19 pm the same day.

Continue Reading

World

Photographs of a Ukrainian soldier before and after four months in Russian captivity – Obozrevatel

Published

on

Follow our live blog wars in Ukraine.

With disheveled hair, a beard and a hand tied to his chest, visibly tired, but with a slight smile on his face. This is how Mikhail Dianov appeared in a photo taken in May at the Azovstal plant, at that time the last point of Ukrainian resistance in the port city of Mariupol. A picture released on Monday shows another man after several months in Russian captivity.

Dianov, 42, was one of the liberated Ukrainians. exchange of prisoners of war between Ukraine and Russia. After the battle to defend the Azovstal complex, he was one of the soldiers taken prisoner by Russian troops. Images now used by various international media shows one before and one after four months of his detention.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

In photographs taken after being discharged from a hospital in Chernihiv, Dianov appears rather thin, with scars and bruises, and his right arm is deformed. He has since been transferred to a military hospital in Kyiv, where he long term treatment required.

See also  Covid-19: hospitalizations drop to 45% among those infected with the Omicron variant - News

According to him, the soldier, wounded during the defense of Mariupol, did not receive the necessary medical care while in captivity. Ukrainian Pravda her sister Alena Lavrushko. “He has a problem with his arm, maybe an abscess. He needs to have an operation to insert a plate into the bone, because there is not enough 4 centimeters of bone and all this needs to be corrected, ”he explained.

They removed the object stuck in his hand, without anesthesia, without anything, with rusty pliers, ”he said.

At this point, the soldier still cannot be operated on and needs to put on weight first, losing 30% of his normal weight. “The physical condition is difficult, but mentally Mikhail is very strong. He is very happy to be back,” the sister added.

On Wednesday, Kyiv and Moscow exchanged 271 prisoners of war, including former deputy and Putin ally Viktor Medvedchuk, five Azovstal commanders and 10 foreign soldiers who fought on the side of Ukrainian forces.

Medvedchuk, Azovstal commanders and 10 foreigners: Russia and Ukraine exchange prisoners

Since then, there have been reports of lack of conditions, as well as abuse and torture. Sean Pinner, 48, says he was stabbed, electrocuted and beaten daily. “The man put a gun to the back of my head, loaded it and said: “Now you will die.” I thought I was finished, then he started laughing and said he was joking… Then he started beating me,” said the British soldier. Aiden Aslin, 28, said he was “treated worse than a dog” during his five months in solitary confinement.

‘I never want to hear ABBA songs again’ British soldier reveals he was tortured by Russians

Continue Reading

Trending