Connect with us

Top News

Disposable swab withdrawn from the Portuguese market

Published

on

Zaragatoa descartável retirada do mercado português

If the term “smear” was unknown to many, then with the COVID-19 pandemic it has become very common. In practice, a swab allows you to collect samples for later analysis to see if a person is infected.

In Portugal, a disposable swab has been withdrawn from sale due to incorrect CE marking.

Infarmed today ordered a suspension of marketing and a recall of the Iclean brand disposable sample collection swab for misapplying the CE mark as there is no evidence of compliance with European law requirements.

According to the Ministry of Health, this is the fact that the product is incorrectly qualified by the manufacturer as an "in vitro diagnostic medical device".when the relevant qualification relates to a medical device.

Therefore, there is no evidence that the product has been subjected to an appropriate conformity assessment by a notified body for assessment, namely aspects related to obtaining, guaranteeing and maintaining conditions of sterility.

This is the “Nasopharyngeal Swab \Flocked\” model from the brand “iclean”, from the manufacturer Shenzhen Cleanmo Technology.

According to the National Medicines and Health Products Authority, distributor Vacuette Portugal SA is "developing the necessary activities to collect said medical device."

Disposable swab withdrawn from the Portuguese market

Infarmed also says that organizations that have units of this medical device should not make it available/use.

Infarmet: there was also a ban Rapid monkeypox test

The placing on the market of the "Rapid Monkeypox Test" by the manufacturer Pantest was also banned due to non-compliance with the conditions necessary for its availability. In an information circular posted on the website, Infarmed states that by decision of August 11, it has banned the placing on the market of the in vitro diagnostic medical device “The Monkeypox Ag Pantest Rapid Test (Reference MKP(AG))”. , in accordance with Directive 98/79/EC.

There are 810 confirmed cases of monkeypox in Portugal, according to data from the Directorate General of Health released on Thursday.

On July 16, vaccination of the first close contacts of the infected began, and by August 13, 215 contacts had been vaccinated.

DGS states that it continues to identify suitable contacts in various regions and target vaccinations.

According to the DGS, Portugal remains in the list of 10 countries with the highest number of infections, being the sixth European country with the highest incidence.

See also  Brazil coronavirus: Rio reopens because experts warn that the worst is yet to come
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

New serious injury of the player of the national team of Portugal

Published

on

Extremo português oferecido ao Manchester United Lesão Pedro Neto

An injury forces Pedro Neto to be substituted in the Wolves game.

Bad news for Wolverhampton Wanderers and Pedro Neto. The Portuguese received a new injury, and, according to Bruno Lage, it could be serious.

Away to West Ham, where the Portuguese lost 2-0, Pedro Neto was replaced in the 24th minute by Adama Traore, and after the match, the Wolves coach said that the injury could be “ugly”.

Wolves are now in the Premier League relegation zone, and Pedro Neto may be left with no hope of qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar.

Learn more about Bola na Rede and Moosh!

BUT Mush strives to stand out from the crowd by opening doors to new and innovative experiences. OUR Mush is changing and entering a new era, a new identity, a new logo, but the same trust and the same security to safely accept deposits and transactions from consumers. Our house also has a customer support team available at any time to resolve any issues. With a strong investment phase in Portugal, Mush presents itself with a redesigned website, with new products and new experiences, with an eye to the future – keeping the identity and the idea of ​​achieving the goal: hitting the target Mush!

Bola na Rede is a project started on October 28, 2010 at the Escola Superior de Comunicação Social. Since then, we have been trying to provide you with the best sports vision at the national and international levels through opinion pieces as well as breaking news. On October 28, 2019, we decided to expand our reach by launching live broadcasts on the channel. BALL IN THE TV NETWORKNo YouTube. In addition to direct, we also have a lot of information through our social networks and in various models podcasts. Operating Systems podcasts from Bola na Rede are available on a wide variety of platforms and aim to give you a little bit of everything about the world of sports in general. Currently we can offer you the following content:

  • Podcast Mourinhos vs. Guardiolas” – Program of national and international sports news.
  • Podcast “Law of the Market” Content about the latest transfers and transfer market rumors from the world of football.
  • Podcast “Talk about the ball” South American Football takes place here in this program that aims to bring you the latest from the major South American leagues.
  • Podcast “Out of the Ring” WWE is a company Tuevacationer media in the world and in this program we follow in detail every event of the company headed by Vince McMahon
  • Podcast “Ball of other times” – In that podcast we want you to come with us on a journey through the past of the football world. Here we remember players, teams or competitions “from another time”.
See also  Mitch Grassi from Pentatonix registered the Hollywood Hills home

If you’d like to learn more about the project, make a suggestion, or even submit an application to become a writer, commenter, or moderator, send us an email at [email protected] The ball is in your court and we are counting on you!

Continue Reading

Top News

The expedition will explore “an area still little known”: the Portuguese Sea.

Published

on

The expedition will explore "an area still little known": the Portuguese Sea.

The Oceano Azul Foundation has joined the municipalities of Cascais, Mafra and Sintra and set off together this Saturday on the ship “Santa Maria Manuela” for a scientific expedition that will last until 12 October.

On board will be 50 researchers from institutions such as the Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere (IPMA), the Hydrographic Institute or the Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds (SPEA). During this time, scientists will embark on what they consider to be an “essential” process of “investigating the region’s natural values” that will allow for a “global assessment of the marine biodiversity” that exists in that region of the ocean.

Continue Reading

Top News

Every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year, and this is “inconceivable”.

Published

on

Every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year, and this is "inconceivable".

President of the Portuguese Federation of Food Banks Against Hunger Isabelle Jonet considers food waste unacceptable and absurd, as every Portuguese wastes 183 kg of food a year.

As World Food Loss and Waste Awareness Day is celebrated, speaking at a conference on the subject in Lisbon, the official recalled statistics released by the National Statistical Institute and said the situation was “worse than expected.”

The data, official and published for the first time, refers to 2020 and shows that 1.89 million tons of food was wasted in Portugal this year, so each Portuguese wasted an average of 183.6 kilograms of food.

INE statistics show that families spend the most. The figures show that over 1.2 million tons of food was wasted by families this year, followed by catering with over 237 thousand tons, trade and distribution with 214 thousand tons, primary production with over 101 thousand tons and food . industry, about 61 thousand tons.

“We buy too much, we buy bad, we let it go bad. It is unacceptable that a third of what is produced ends up in the trash,” the official said, speaking at a debate organized by the United Movement Against Waste.

Ana Cristina Carrola of the Portuguese Environmental Protection Agency (APA), who also took part in the debate, stressed that the average amount of waste per year per inhabitant in the European Union is 173 kg, less than the 183 kg that is thrown away by the Portuguese.

“This is unthinkable in our day,” he lamented.

See also  Jim Buss' L.A live penthouse bounced back to the market at a higher price

Continue Reading

Trending