Connect with us

World

South Africa: Methanol found in blood of 21 young men found dead in nightclub – News

Published

on

The poisonous chemical methanol was identified as the possible cause of the death of 21 teenagers at a nightclub in the South African city of East London last month, according to the Associated Press.

According to the agency, methanol was found in the blood of all the bodies found, and an investigation is currently ongoing to determine whether the amounts of the chemical, a toxic form of alcohol commonly used in industry as a solvent, pesticide, or fuel source, were sufficient. to cause the death of a person and how they swallowed it.

“Methanol was detected in all 21 people who were there, however progressive analyzes are still being made of the quantitative levels of methanol and whether it could have been the ultimate cause of death,” Lita Matiwane, Deputy Director of Clinical Services for the Eastern Cape, said at a press conference. on Tuesday.

The victims were between 18 and 20 years old and, according to images posted on social media, the bodies lay on the floor of the disco, none of them had visible injuries.

Alcohol poisoning and carbon monoxide inhalation were ruled out as possible causes of death, although traces of both were found in the bodies of all victims.

See also  Covid-19: hospitalizations drop to 45% among those infected with the Omicron variant - News
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

North Korea launched two cruise missiles

Published

on

The Seoul Ministry of Defense said North Korea launched two cruise missiles on Wednesday, ending a month-long hiatus in Pyongyang’s record-breaking series of weapons tests this year.

“We discovered this morning that North Korea launched two cruise missiles towards the West Sea off the coast of Oncheon, South Pyongan Province,” a ministry spokesman told AFP. “US and South Korean military officials are looking into detailed specifications such as range.”

North Korea has not tested a cruise missile, which is not prohibited by UN sanctions against the country, since January, the Yonhap news agency reported. Pyongyang last tested weapons on July 10, when several rocket launchers were launched.

Since January, North Korea has conducted a series of sanctions-repressive tests, including the launch of a full-range ICBM for the first time since 2017. Officials in Washington and Seoul also warned that the isolated regime was preparing to carry out what would be its seventh nuclear test.

Earlier this week, the South Korean and US military began preliminary drills ahead of their annual Ulchi Freedom Shield (UFS) joint exercise. The drills infuriate Pyongyang, which sees them as a rehearsal for an invasion.

South Korea says it will not pursue nuclear deterrence

South Korea’s president said today that his government has no plans to interfere with nuclear deterrence after North Korea’s nuclear capabilities increase. Yoon Suk-yeol urged Pyongyang to resume negotiations and diplomacy aimed at trading the stages of North Korea’s denuclearization for economic benefits.

See also  Where is Santa Claus? Follow the trip and know how long it passes outside your home

Yoon’s office said South Korea’s director of national security, Kim Seong-han, discussed the launch with other officials before Yoon spoke to reporters at a press conference and reaffirmed South Korea’s military readiness.

Yoon told reporters that South Korea does not want violent political change in North Korea and called for a return to negotiations for a lasting peace.

Yun’s proposal, namely large-scale assistance in the fields of food, medicine and health care, as well as in the modernization of the energy industry and port infrastructure, is reminiscent of previous proposals by South Korea that were rejected by North Korea, namely, accelerating the development of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles, which North Korean leader Kim Jong-un regarded as the main guarantee of his survival.

Nevertheless, Yoon expressed hope for a “meaningful dialogue” with North Korea about his plan and emphasized that Seoul is ready to provide appropriate economic benefits at every stage of the denuclearization process if North Korea adopts a real roadmap to abandon its weapons program.

Continue Reading

World

Macron calls for Russian troops to be withdrawn from Zaporozhye power plant – columnist

Published

on

Follow our military blog here

French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday called for the withdrawal of Russian troops from the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine, highlighting the “risks” their presence poses to the facility’s security.

In a telephone conversation with his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky, he expressed “concern about the threat of the presence, the actions of the Russian armed forces and the military context with ongoing conflicts over the security of Ukrainian nuclear facilities, and called for the withdrawal of such forces,” said the Champs Elysees, the residence of the President of the French Republic. .

The plant, the largest in Europe, was taken in early March by Russian troops at the start of their invasion of Ukraine launched on February 24.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Since the end of July, there have been several explosions, of which two sides blame each othertargeted the facilities, raising fears of a nuclear holocaust and triggering last week’s meeting of the UN Security Council.

Emmanuel Macron also “supported” the proposal of the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Rafael Grossi send a mission to a location “as soon as possible” to inspect the object.

The heads of the two states “exchanged views on such a mission,” the French presidency said.

Russia accused the UN services of obstructing the IAEA mission. Ukraine, for its part, opposed, believing that such legitimize the Russian occupation of the central in the eyes of the international community.

The presidents of France and Ukraine, in turn, welcomed the departure of the first humanitarian ship, chartered by the UN and loaded with wheat from Ukraine, heading to the African continent, “where the needs are most urgent.”

See also  Where is Santa Claus? Follow the trip and know how long it passes outside your home

Ukrainian-made cereals were delayed in the country for several months due to the war. Exports resumed on August 1 across the Black Sea by agreement between Russians and Ukrainians, mediated by Turkey and under the auspices of the UN.

Emmanuel Macron also confirmed France’s support for efforts to export Ukrainian grain. along the road and the river.

This European initiative made it possible to export 2.8 million tons of grain in July, and “the pace continues to accelerate,” Eliseu congratulated.

Continue Reading

World

Russia recognizes sabotage in explosions in Crimea – Obozrevatel

Published

on

Follow our war in Ukraine live here

Russia admitted that Tuesday’s explosions at an army ammunition depot on the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea, which it annexed in 2014, were an act of sabotage.

On the morning of August 16, as a result of sabotage, a military warehouse in the city of Dzhankoy, the capital of the district of the same name, was damaged, ”the Defense Ministry said in a statement quoted by the Russian news agency TASS.

According to the Russian command, explosions at the warehouse damaged several civilian facilities, including a high-voltage line, electrical substations, a railway line and several residential buildings.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

“There are no serious injuries. Necessary measures are being taken to eliminate the consequences of sabotage.”added to the Ministry of Defense, according to the Spanish agency EFE.

The ministry did not name those responsible for the sabotage.

In an earlier statement, Russian authorities said the incident took place at 6:15 am local time (4:15 am in Lisbon).

According to the Crimean Governor Sergey Aksyonov, who visited the place, two civilians were injured and the authorities evacuated the nearby village as a precaution.

Dzhankoy is located about 90 km north of Simferopol, the capital of the self-proclaimed Republic of Crimea, not far from Ukraine.

Andriy Yermak, head of the presidential administration of Ukraine, welcomed the occurrence of the explosions in Crimea and promised “the complete liberation of Ukrainian territories,” according to a statement on the Telegram social network, quoted by the French news agency AFP.

See also  Germany prepares a booster dose of vaccine for the most vulnerable segments of the population

Adviser to the President of Ukraine Mykhailo Podoliak also referred to the incident, writing on the social network Twitter that “the morning near Dzhankoy began with explosions.”

A normal country of Crimea is the Black Sea, mountains, recreation and tourism, while Russian-occupied Crimea is exploding ammunition depots and a high risk of death for occupiers and thieves,” added presidential adviser Volodymyr Zelensky.

The incident took place a week after the explosion of ammunition destined for Russian military aircraft at a warehouse located at the Saki military airfield in western Crimea.

These explosions killed one person and injured others.

Continue Reading

Trending