Connect with us

World

Briton dies while being detained by separatists in eastern Ukraine

Published

on

Briton Paul Urey, who was captured and detained as a mercenary in April by pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine, died July 10, separatist authorities said today.

“Despite the severity of (his) crimes, Paul Urey received adequate medical care. Despite this, faced with his diagnosis and ‘stress’, he passed away on July 10,” said the head of separatist rights in the Donetsk region. Daria Morozova on the Telegram social network.

Daria Morozova claimed that Paul Urey was a mercenary and not a humanitarian worker, as his family and employer allege.

The British non-profit organization Presidium Network announced on April 29 that two aid workers, Paul Urey and Dylan Healy, had been captured by the Russian army.

Yuuri’s mother indicated that her son was on a humanitarian mission, that he was diabetic and needed insulin.

A native of Manchester, in the north of England, Paul Urey is introduced by the Presidium Network as a family man who did not serve in the military but spent eight years in Afghanistan as a businessman, and Dylan Healy worked for a hotel chain in the United Kingdom.

Morozova said in a publication today that the British authorities knew that Yuriy was being held by the Donetsk armed forces, but did nothing for the British citizen.

Daria Morozova accuses Yuri of “leading military operations, recruiting and training mercenaries for Ukrainian gangs.”

See also  Covid-19: experts admit entering the fifth wave

According to a separatist official, Yuuri suffered from diabetes, kidney problems, respiratory and heart problems, and psychological disorders.

The same separatist territory of Donetsk, whose independence Moscow recognized shortly before the February 24 attack on Ukraine, sentenced two other Britons and a Moroccan to death for being mercenaries.

In Telegram, Morozova did not say anything about Dylan Healy, who was captured along with Paul Urey, Presidium Network reports.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

The Russian army announced the destruction of 45,000 tons of Ukrainian weapons sent by NATO

Published

on

“In the city of Voznesensk, Mykolaiv region, an arsenal was destroyed, which stored 45,000 tons of ammunition supplied to the Ukrainian army by NATO,” said Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov, quoted by EFE.

According to the Russian authorities, the country’s aviation inflicted more than 300 casualties among Ukrainian defenders.

“Consequences of the attack of the Russian Air Force on the temporary deployment of units of the 72nd mechanized brigade in an agricultural company in the city of Artemovsk (Russian name Baimut, in Donetsk) numbering up to 130 military personnel and eight pieces of equipment and armored vehicles. were destroyed,” Konashenkov said.

He added that “after a strike with high-precision missiles” on the 95th Airborne Assault Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the city of Dzerzhinsk (Toretsk, in Russian, in Donetsk), up to 70 servicemen were destroyed, three artillery pieces and three vehicles were destroyed.

The Ministry of Defense also added that in the Yarkovsky district in eastern Ukraine, the Russian Air Force shot down more than 100 personnel of the 3rd brigade of the National Guard of Ukraine on the territory of a thermal power plant.

“Due to heavy losses, the Zelensky regime [presidente ucraniano] is taking steps to strengthen troops in the Donbass,” Konashenkov said.

According to a Russian official, this forced the Ukrainian authorities to send newly mobilized civilians to the front, who made their debut as part of the 72nd mechanized brigade in the city of Bila Tserkva, south of Kyiv.

Continue Reading

World

Monkeypox: national tourist was the first case identified in the Azores and traveled to Porto before lockdown ends – News

Published

on

The Regional Health Authority said in a statement that “the case was discovered in the municipality of Ponta Delgada on the island of San Miguel and the local health delegation immediately took all the procedures indicated in this context.”

The man claimed to have had “contact in Ponta Delgada, with family members and with his partner residing in San Miguel (tested negative in the last few hours)”, with the Ponta Delgada Health Delegation “determining home isolation” in both cases and physical distancing from other people until all injuries are healed.”

“The person who tested positive was notified of the result on Friday evening, but reported that he had already traveled, also on Friday, from Ponta Delgada to Porto, from where he would soon return to Paris, the city where he officially lives and works. “, – reports the regional health authority, adding that the man has been in San Miguel since July 26.

The regional health authority notified the national authorities of the case so that they could follow it up in the north of the country.

The number of confirmed cases of monkeypox virus infection in Portugal has risen to 710, of which 77 were detected in the last week, the Directorate General of Health (DGS) said.

All regions of continental Portugal and the autonomous region of Madeira reported cases of human infection with monkeypox virus, of which 509 (82.5%) were in the Sanitary Region of Lisbon and Vale do Tejo.

Of the many cases reported to the Epidemiological Surveillance System, the majority are in the 30 to 39 age group and are male, according to the DGS, with four female cases now, two more than a week old.

See also  At least seven people died as a result of rockfalls that hit boats in a Brazilian lake.

The presence of the monkeypox virus in Portugal was first detected three months ago on May 3rd, DGS recalls in a weekly report with data collected up to August 3rd.

Portugal continued on August 2, according to WHO, in the group of 10 most affected countries in the world: the United States of America (5,175), Spain (4,298), Germany (2,677), Great Britain (2,546), France (1,955). , Brazil (1369), the Netherlands (879), Canada (803), Portugal (633) and Italy (479).

Continue Reading

World

Ukraine: UN agency ‘extremely concerned’ about risk of ‘nuclear holocaust’ – Newsroom

Published

on

“I am extremely concerned about yesterday’s explosions [sexta-feira] the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, highlighting the very real risk of a nuclear catastrophe that threatens public health and the environment in Ukraine and beyond,” Grossi warned in a statement released in Vienna, believing that “we are playing with fire.”

Moscow and Kyiv today accused each other of compromising the safety of Europe’s largest Zaporskaya nuclear power plant.

Grossi recalled that, according to the Ukrainian authorities, there was no damage to the reactors and no radiation release, but there were damages to other parts of the nuclear power plant.

The head of the UN nuclear energy agency considered endangering a nuclear power plant “completely unacceptable” and argued that military strikes against it were “playing with fire” and could have “potentially catastrophic consequences.”

“I strongly and urge all parties to provide maximum deterrence in the vicinity of this critical six-reactor nuclear facility,” he wrote.

Grossi again offered the IAEA the opportunity to conduct an on-site verification and “prevent the situation from getting further out of control.”

In June, the IAEA director expressed his readiness to visit the Russian-controlled plant, but Ukraine sharply criticized these plans, saying that the trip of the Argentine UN representative could be interpreted as legitimizing the Russian occupation.

The diplomat insisted that the mission was “decisive” to stabilize the situation at the nuclear power plant.

President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, through a video message, accused Russia of “recreating an extremely dangerous situation for the whole of Europe”: “they bombed the Zaporskaya nuclear power plant twice.”

See also  Covid-19: experts admit entering the fifth wave

Moscow, which has controlled the facility almost since the early days of its military campaign in Ukraine, disputed the claims, calling Kyiv, for its part, a promoter of “nuclear terrorism.”

“Ukraine’s attacks on nuclear facilities can be qualified under international law as acts of nuclear terrorism,” Russian Senator Konstantin Kosachev said on the Telegram social network.

Pro-Russian authorities in the Zaporizhia region, partly occupied by the Russian army, yesterday accused Ukrainian forces of shelling the nuclear power plant and damaging power lines and industrial buildings at the plant.

The attack led to the closure of one of the nuclear units after a power outage.

Continue Reading

Trending