Connect with us

Top News

Major Lussati transferred money from Angola through a Portuguese partner, the company denies illegal actions

Published

on

Major Lussati transferred money from Angola through a Portuguese partner, the company denies illegal actions

The Madeira business group, which operates in Portugal and Angola in areas such as construction, real estate, healthcare, agriculture and “car rental”, is mentioned in the process through Prime Talatona, of which Pedro Lussati is a partner. along with José António Figueira Chavez, one of the four Chavez brothers.

According to the indictment, Lussati’s money circulated through several companies, including Insulcar and others associated with the Irmãos Chaves group, and it was through these companies that he allegedly transferred the amounts to Portugal.

The document mentions several bank deposits in the accounts of Prime Talatona and says that José António Figueira Chavez was involved in the money transfer scheme abroad.

According to the indictment, from May 22, 2018 to May 1, 2021, several cash deposits were made to his bank account at Caixa Angola Bank through Prime Talatona in Angola and Insulcar-Rent-a-Car e Irmãos. Keys in Portugal.

Edson Rosario, Deniz Santos, Dorivaldo Santiago and Quetzia Lima tried to withdraw money from Angola and transferred it in Portugal to bank accounts belonging to Pedro Lussati and his wife Marisa Manuel António.

In a conversation with Lusa Fernando Chaves, brother of businessman José Antonio Figueira Chavez, he confirmed that Lussati is a partner of Prime Talatona, but rejects any illegal actions.

“We found ourselves in a situation that dates back to 2013 because my brother is a partner of Lussati,” said Fernando Chavez, explaining that Prime Talatona was created at that time for the purpose of building residential buildings and that the money flow is due to the sale of apartments.

See also  Even Ronaldo is infected! Player from Portugal dances viral TikTok dance

The relationship with Lussati began when Major bought an apartment in a condominium and later became a partner, while Angolan law imposed this obligation on those who wanted to invest in the country.

Stressing that the Chávez brothers are not defendants in the process and are not even listed as witnesses, he ensured that all documentation was provided to the Angola Attorney General’s Office (PGR), including bank statements and sales contracts, and expressed regret about the fact that the Madeiran group is participating in a “Mexican soap opera” that will “tarnish the image” of Madeiran businessmen.

“At that time, everything was done like this, it was banal. The military and generals intervened. Lussati did not have a lawsuit in 2013. Did I know that he was involved in less clear cases? No, it was impossible to find out, we did not interrogate him to find out where he went for the money, ”said Fernando Chavez.

The same official confirmed that two transfers had been made – which “had nothing to do with Prime” – through the group’s companies to Lussati’s accounts in Portugal, explaining that the Angolan major had discovered a business opportunity to acquire the house and they were made.” to facilitate” Lussati’s partner’s access to funds in Portugal, as “it was not possible for him to make these transfers”.

Regarding these transfers in the amount of approximately 8,000 and 600,000 euros, he added that clarifications had already been given to the Portuguese PGR, which wanted to know the origin of the money, about a month ago.

See also  Studies show that most cases of Covid-19 are not detected

Fernando Chavez acknowledged that the case affects the reputation of the company, but denied involvement in “any money laundering scheme.”

Asked about partnering with Pedro Lussati, he said he was staying while the trial was going on and regretted choosing the “wrong partner” who is now at the mercy of Angolan justice and is going through a “dramatic period”.

“Pedro Lussati was a bad choice, today you can say that, but at that time it was not so. We have a completely clear conscience, we are calm, we will wait. This is their problem, they dragged us into it, and we will try to get out without injuries, we don’t need this mess, ”Fernando Chavez emphasized.

The massive trial involves 49 defendants and about 200 witnesses who will testify about Operation Caranguejo, a scheme that involved fraudulent payments from the Casa de Segurança payroll that generated $62 million (about €59 million).

The start of the trial is scheduled for 09:00 Tuesday and will take place at the Talatona Conference Center, depending on the number of participants in the process, including the defendants, witnesses, experts and witnesses.

Among the defendants are officers of the Angolan Armed Forces (AFF) and civilians accused of embezzlement, criminal conspiracy, improper gain, economic involvement in business, abuse of office, fraud in transporting or transferring currency abroad, illegal introduction of foreign currency into the country , illegal currency trading, prohibition of cash payments, withholding of currency, forgery of documents, money laundering and false identity.

Angolan Major Pedro Lussati, considered the leader of the group, was arrested for possession of millions of dollars, euros and kwanzas stored in suitcases and boxes, as well as more than a dozen cars.

See also  Hot Property: Deputy Chargers sells Pebble Beach estates

The long list of witnesses to be heard in July and August includes the names of Manuel Vieira Díaz “Copelipa” and Gigino Carneiro, as well as other high-ranking generals of the Federal Aviation Administration.

As a result of these arrests, several officials associated with the Angolan Presidential Security Service were fired, including General Pedro Sebastian, then Minister of State and head of the Security Service, João Lourenço, who was replaced by General Francisco Pereira Furtado.

RKR // LFS

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Paulo Fonseca made his Lille debut with a win | international football

Published

on

Paulo Fonseca made his Lille debut with a win |  international football

Portuguese manager Paulo Fonseca made his debut under Lille in the French football league this Sunday, beating Auxerre 4-1 in the first round of the competition.

Continue Reading

Top News

English: Porto crushes Evanilson’s goal and assist | Portuguese football

Published

on

English: Porto crushes Evanilson's goal and assist |  Portuguese football

current champion, Porto showed its strength in the 2022/23 season of the Portuguese championship. Thanks to a goal and help from Brazilian Evanilson, the Dragons thrashed Maritima 5-1 this Saturday at home.

Top scorer Taremi opened the scoring. In the 12th minute, he received the ex-forward of Fluminense on the right flank and touched the goalkeeper’s exit. At 39 years old, Evanilson got his way by taking a right hand from Joao Mario, dominating and finishing well. Back in the first stage, Taremi scored his second goal of the day after rebounding a shot from Danny Loader.

  • Benfica scores against Gilberto
  • View the table of the championship of Portugal

In the second stage, Spanish defender Ivan Marcano made Porto fourth in the 23rd minute. He took advantage of a rebound from a Galeno shot and a head into the corner of goalkeeper Miguel Silva.

Spaniard Tony Martinez finished fifth at the age of 30 with a header from Joao Mario’s next pass in the game. In the end, the Brazilian team, ex-Inter and Vasco, Claudio Vinck, scored for the Maritima: 5: 1. Evanilson noted an excellent game.

– I am glad to be able to contribute to another victory for Porto and start the championship with these three points in front of our fans. We know that every match is important, and we managed to impose our rhythm from the very beginning. We will continue to work to always achieve positive results, said the former Fluminense.

In addition to Evanilson, Galeno and Claudio Vinca, there were four other Brazilians on the field. Pepe started at Porto, while Gabriel Veron started the second stage with the number 34. Left-back Leo Andrade and defender Matheus Costa played for Maritima.

As a result, Porto leads the Portuguese Liga ahead of rivals Benfica, which beat Aroca 4-0 on their debut. On the next tour, the Dragons will visit Wiesela on Sunday the 14th away from home. Maritimo receives Desportivo Chavez on the 15th.

Continue Reading

Top News

Portuguese tourist – first case of monkeypox in Azores | monkeypox

Published

on

Portuguese tourist - first case of monkeypox in Azores |  monkeypox

A 42-year-old national tourist has been confirmed as the first positive case of the virus monkey pox (monkeypox or VMPX). in the Azores released this Saturday by the Regional Health Authority (ARS)

Continue Reading

Trending