Connect with us

entertainment

Zelensky was a surprise guest at Cannes and asked for a “new Chaplin to prove that cinema is not silent” – Observer

Published

on

Zelensky was a surprise guest at Cannes and asked for a "new Chaplin to prove that cinema is not silent" - Observer

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Tuesday that this is necessary “The new Chaplin will prove that cinema is not silent” before the war in Ukraine, in a message from Kyiv broadcast at the opening of the 75th Cannes Film Festival.

“We will continue to fight, we have no other choice. (…) I am convinced that the “dictator” will lose,” Zelensky said in front of the cream of world cinema, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin and the film “The Great Dictator” by Charlie Chaplin, which he repeatedly mentioned.

His video speech at the opening of the event caused surprise in the hall and a standing ovation from the audience, after which the Ukrainian president condemned the atrocities of the Russian war in Ukraine and called on the film world not to fall into silence. .

Is the movie going to shut up or talk about this (the war)? He asked.

“We need a new Chaplin to prove to us today that cinema is not silent. (…) Hatred will disappear in time, dictators will die,” he added in a serious tone.

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

In early April, Zelensky had already performed at the 64th Grammy Awards, a North American music award, to ask for help for his country.

The Cannes Film Festival, whose 75th edition began on Tuesday, promised that Ukraine would be “on everyone’s mind” by announcing a program in April that selected several films from the country.

Two generations of Ukrainian filmmakers will be featured, with “regular” Sergei Loznitsa, who presents “Tha Natural History of Destruction” about the destruction of German cities by the Allies during World War II World War II, and with the young Maxim Nakonechny, with “Bachenya Metelika”, which will be shown out of competition, in the parallel show “Un Certain Regard”.

See also  Nuno Markle thanks his girlfriend. "What a great luck"

The event is completed at the last minute with a presentatione “Mariupoli 2”the last film by Lithuanian director Mantas Kvedaravichyus, who died in early April in Ukraine.

Against, meeting Kinomir refused to accept “official Russian representatives, state institutions or journalists representing the official line” of Russia, but declared its readiness to always welcome dissenters, starting with Kirill Serebrennikov. The Terrible Child of Russian cinema will open the competition on Wednesday with its new film La Femme de Tchaïkovsky (Tchaikovsky’s Wife), a candidate for the Palme d’Or.

On Tuesday afternoon, at the start of the opening ceremony, presented by actress Virginie Efira, the question of cinema’s political involvement was raised: “Can cinema change the world? I’m not sure. But it may change our understanding of him. And as a result, the world has really changed (…) Freelance filmmakers are what the Cannes Festival is celebrating.”

The war in Ukraine, which entered its 83rd day this Tuesday, has already forced more than 14 million people from their homes – about eight million internally displaced people and more than 6.2 million – to neighboring countries, according to the latest UN figures, which rates this migrant crisis as the worst in Europe since World War II (1939-1945).

Also, according to the UN, about 15 million people in Ukraine are in need of humanitarian assistance.

The Russian invasion, justified by Putin as the need to “denazify” and demilitarize Ukraine for Russia’s security, was condemned by the international community at large, which responded by sending weapons to Ukraine and imposing sanctions on Russia that cut across virtually every sector, from banking to sports.

See also  Trump criticized posts he called dead in US war `` losers ''

The UN confirmed on Tuesday that 3,752 civilians had died and 4,062 were injured, stressing that the real numbers could be much higher and would only become known when besieged towns or areas where heavy fighting has hitherto been accessed are available.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

entertainment

Eliana from Married at First Sight writes an emotional letter to her mother: “This is very confusing.”

Published

on

Eliana from Married at First Sight writes an emotional letter to her mother: "This is very confusing."

This Thursday, June 23rd, Eliana Voith run to your Instagram page write an emotional letter to a mother who died in a fire more than 10 years ago and on this day she will have a birthday.

Hi, Mom. This is very confusing. The truth is, we are all tired. Tired of a lot, a lot of people, a lot of events. Tired of things you can’t even explain. Each with their own luggage. Each with his own cross. There are a lot of people here who we think are fine, but they are not. It’s just that someone is making a huge effort not to fall apart.”started talking.

“Today would be another birthday for you and it would certainly be the day to order Portuguese stew, your favorite dish. I would give anything to hug you again. I want you to see what I have conquered, where I have been and what battles I have fought. How many of them did I win? How much have I lost. And how I keep standing. Ready for whatever comes. Despite fatigue, difficulties, insecurities and fears”he said.

“Because that’s what life is, drinking coffee and facing the day. It is useless to sit and worry. What will be will be, and we will face it when it comes. But it would be much easier to deal with some of the hardships around you. Or just be able to count on hugs and ‘everything will be fine’.”he added.

“Whatever your day is, I hope you are calm. That’s all I want. You are sorely missed, momhe concluded.

See also  Nine-year-old boy injured at Travis Scott concert dies

ELIANA VOIGT FROM “MARIDDED AT FIRST SIGHT” GRIEVES

Recall that Eliana Voigt participated in the 1st season of the SIC program, Married at first sightwhere he exchanged alliances with Dave Hack.

DAVE FROM ‘MARITING AT FIRST SIGHT’ SHOWS ROMANTIC PHOTO FROM GIRL’S SIDE

Continue Reading

entertainment

What will Anitta sing at Rock in Rio? “There were days and days of consultations with Portuguese friends”

Published

on

What will Anitta sing at Rock in Rio?  "There were days and days of consultations with Portuguese friends"

Singer Anitta, who will perform on the Mundo stage of the 9th edition of Rock in Rio Lisboa on Sunday 26th, admits that it was difficult to choose songs for the show and even says she asked for help from her Portuguese friends. The Brazilian artist will perform for about an hour, after Jason Derulo and in front of rapper Post Malone.

“Ugh… good. I think I got an acceptable result. Mission Impossible to put together a Rock in Rio Lisboa repertoire, folks. 1 hour show just because I haven’t been to Portugal for a while…because I’ve been trying to solve this equation for weeks,” Anitta wrote in social network twitter.

Also on Twitter, the singer reports that “all” the songs you like “in just an hour” will not be able to sing. “I wanted two hours of the show to sing everything,” he says.

“You will leave out one thing after another,” he writes, adding that he “provides as much as possible.”

Anitta also admits that she asked the opinion of Portuguese friends about the songs and tried to remember the ones she sang in Portugal.

See also  Nuno Markle thanks his girlfriend. "What a great luck"

The artist performs at the Mundo Palco do Rock in Rio Lisbon on Sunday, June 26 from 21:00 to 22:15. Before her, HMB and Jason Derulo take the stage. Post Malone closes Mundo Stage after Anitta’s concert. You tickets for this day – the last of the 9th edition of Rock in Rio Lisboa – sold out this Thursday.

This is the second time Anitta has performed at Rock in Rio Lisboa. In 2018, he already took Brazilian funk on “Cidade do Rock”.

The artist returns to Portugal on July 17 to perform at Meo Marés Vivas in Vila Nova de Gaia.

To learn more:

Continue Reading

entertainment

Big Brother: Bernardo Souza and Bruna Gomes clear up pregnancy rumors

Published

on

Big Brother: Bernardo Souza and Bruna Gomes clear up pregnancy rumors

It was during Day 2 of Rock in Rio Lisboa as Bernardo Souza puts his hand on Bruna Gomez’s belly in exclusive SELFIE videoincreasing the likelihood that the couple will soon have a baby.

Now, at an event that brought together several faces of TVI, aboard a boat on the Douro River, hinting at the mythical night of São João in Porto, the winner of “Big Brother Famosos 2” decided to clear up all the rumors, also in a conversation with our website.

“The little hand on the stomach is a plan for the future, it’s not now. Actually, I think it was well discussed, in the house [do “Big Brother”]. We played a lot on this topic, but it’s natural to talk about it, it’s normal,” he began. rally driver.

Big Brother Final Challenge winner completed her boyfriend’s idea. “We love to play with people who follow us, I think everything we go through makes sense because there are people who like us. youtuber Brazilian.

However, joking with jokes, the couple admitted that they had already chosen a name for their first child. If it is a girl, her name will be Cayetana. If there is a boy, then Antonio José.

Take a look and now all the images of the aforementioned event in the photo gallery that we have prepared for you!

See also  Eduardo Madeira defends Christina Ferreira from abuse. "It hurts"
Continue Reading

Trending