Connect with us

World

Putin complains of ‘direct attack’ by Western cyberattacks on Russia – Observer

Published

on

Russia faced “direct aggression” in the form of cyberattacks from the West during its invasion of Ukraine, but successfully defended itself, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday.

Speaking to members of the Russian Security Council, Putin noted that “the challenges in this area have become even more urgent, serious and far-reaching.”

The President of Russia condemned “the unleashed direct aggression against Russia, the war in the information space”, adding that cyber aggression against Moscow, “like the attack in the form of sanctions, failed”.

Putin says EU commits ‘economic suicide’ by vetoing Russian energy, warns of ‘irreversible consequences’

Putin instructed officials to “improve and strengthen the mechanisms for ensuring information security at critical production facilities that are directly related to defensive abilities [da Rússia]and with the stable development of the economic and social spheres“.

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Also this Friday, the Italian press reported computer attacks on several Italian institutional sites, claimed responsibility by the pro-Russian group Killnet, which had already tried to disrupt the Eurovision Song Contest held last week in Turin.

Before, The Killnet group has already attacked several Italian institutional sites as well as the pages of the Senate and the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which were blocked for several hours. Pro-Russian collective Killnet has already reported similar cyberattacks against websites in Romania, Poland and the United States.

Costa Rica is also “at war” against the “cyber-terrorists” of the pro-Russian group Conti, who on April 17 launched a series of attacks that still affect the country, President Rodrigo Chávez said on Monday.

See also  Egypt begins work on expansion of Suez Canal after blockade of Ever Given - News

Russia launched a military offensive in Ukraine on Feb. 24 that has killed more than 3,000 civilians, according to the UN, which warns the real number is likely much higher.

The military offensive caused more than 13 million people to flee, of which more than 5.5 million were outside the country, according to the latest UN figures.

The Russian invasion was condemned by the international community as a whole, which responded by sending weapons to Ukraine and increasing economic and political sanctions against Moscow.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Zelensky says Kremlin has “already decided” that Belarus will enter the war and is calling on the population to revolt – Obozrevatel

Published

on

You have free access to all Observer articles as a subscriber.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky this Sunday denounced that Belarus is being “dragged into a war” in Ukraine. In an address to the Belarusian population, the head of state said that “the Kremlin has already made a decision” on Minsk’s participation in the offensive.

In his address to the country, Vladimir Zelensky called for an uprising of the Belarusian population, which “is neither a slave nor cannon fodder.” “You don’t have to die. And you can prevent them from deciding for you what awaits you next,” he said, adding that “everything depends on the citizens of Belarus.”. “I know that they may refuse to participate in this war. Your life belongs to you, not to the Kremlin.” pointed out what is the insult to the Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko.

“I know that the people of Belarus support Ukraine, they support us, not the war,” the Ukrainian president said. “Therefore, the Russian leadership wants to take all Belarusians to the war, wants to sow hatred among us,” he warned.

Volodymyr Zelensky assured that Ukraine “will defend itself against attacks from any direction and from any weapon.” “I am sure that we will stand and restore everything,” the President of Ukraine stressed, noting that “any person, any normal person in any country, in particular in Belarus, can contribute to the defense of life.”

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

On Saturday, the President of Belarus met with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. The leaders of the two countries discussed security issues in Europe, and the head of the Russian state promised to send combat-ready missile systems to the territory of Belarus.

“Please help us.” Putin responds to Lukashenka’s request and sends nuclear-capable missiles to Belarus

Regarding the attack on Kyiv, Vladimir Zelensky ridiculed what happened: “The second largest army in the world triumphantly” defeated “a kindergarten and a residential center.” The President of Ukraine said that as a result of the attacks, a 37-year-old man was killed, and a seven-year-old girl, whose mother is a “Russian citizen”, was also injured. “In our country, she was not threatened by anything, she was completely safe until Russia decided that everything was hostile – women, children, kindergartens, hospitals, railways.”

“Missiles also hit the Mykolaiv region, Chernihiv region, Odessa, Cherkasy,” said Volodymyr Zelensky, who called on the international community to send “modern and effective” air defense systems capable of protecting Ukraine from air attacks.

See also  Pfizer and AstraZeneca Vaccines 'Very Effective' Against Delta - Live News
Continue Reading

World

Five killed and 500 injured when bench collapses during bullfight

Published

on

At least five people were killed and 500 injured when a bench collapsed in a bullring in Tolima, Colombia. The incident happened during a traditional race held during San Juan celebrations called “corraleja” where civilians fight bulls.

Tolima Governor Ricardo Orozco assured broadcaster Blu Radio that five people, including a minor, were killed in today’s tragedy.

“We deeply regret what happened in our bullring, Gilberto Charri, I want to ask the citizens who are in the arena to leave the territory, the control authorities are responding to the emergency, and the victims have already been taken to hospitals,” he wrote . for his part, the mayor of El Espinal, Juan Carlos Tamayo.


Colombian President-elect Gustavo Petro said on the social network Twitter: “I hope that all the people affected by the collapse of El Espinal Square will be able to recover from their wounds.”


Among the victims there are children, men, women and elderly people who watched what was happening.

See also  Egypt begins work on expansion of Suez Canal after blockade of Ever Given - News

Continue Reading

World

Alternative luxury destinations allow you to save up to 5600 euros. Know what – IVF

Published

on






Alternative luxury destinations allow you to save up to 5600 euros. Know what – IVF































Your browser is out of date!

Please upgrade your browser to better view this site. Update your browser now

×

See also  American Arms Association accused of illegally financing Donald Trump
Continue Reading

Trending