Connect with us

World

COVID-19. On the way to the 4th dose of the Graça vaccine, Freitas is already talking about the 5th

Published

on

BUT The CEO of Health was at the RTP3 studio this Wednesday, where she spoke about waiting for the 4th dose of the vaccine – which will begin to enter next Monday, and not next fall, as planned – as well as suspected acute hepatitis.

“This is a reinforcement [da vacina] will be given now or later, closer to the seasonal wave of winter, depending on the evolution of the virus and the epidemiology,” repeated Graça Freitas, explaining that the group responsible for monitoring the virus believes that due to the development of cases in recent days the decision had to be postponed.

The official reiterated that those currently receiving a second booster dose should take another dose within four to six months to “probable winter wave”. “The logic is: give people the doses they need to be protected,” he said, referring to the vulnerable population. “The one who suffers the most from the consequences of the disease,” he recalled.

5.ª dose?

He also ensured that the 5th dose was already scheduled, always stressing that everything would depend on the increase and the number of cases, which is now higher. But the director general of health said, however, that there was no certainty that this increase was a new wave. “It turns out that this 5th wave went up very quickly and went down sharply, and began to have kinks. […]. We don’t know if there will be at this time [este aumento] is a fluctuation of the 5th wave or a 6th wave may arise”he explained.

See also  Three countries that were not invited to the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II

Asked if this increase in cases could be due to the end of the mandatory use of masks, Graça Freitas said that “There is no taboo or shame about wearing a mask”keeping in mind that DGS recommends using it in some optional situations.

Ómicron BA.5 strain and restrictions

In addition, the Ómicron BA.5 strain variant was considered to be problematic. “In a few days, it is predicted to reach about 80% of the Ómicron options that dominate at the moment.”he said, also warning that “options can change the landscape from day to day.”

The official said it is still “under review and study” that people “aged 60 to 65” could also be classified as “vulnerable groups” so that they, too, will be the first to have access to booster doses. “We are looking at other countries, the research being done, the results of countries like Israel,” he explained.

asked about the turnout that was registered this Thursday at the São João hospitalin Porto, also talked about free tests. “Self-test has a very low cost and is available in pharmacies. In case of suspicion, it is recommended to do a test”remembered.

With regard to the possibility of imposing restrictions, as the European Union has already warnedsaid to be ready. “Given the nature of mobility, contacts and behaviour, there is always a need to make adjustments. […]. It is necessary to monitor the situation very well and adapt measures depending on the situation.“, he said.

Finally, on this occasion, he also ensured that the disease did not get worse, despite the fact that more people tested positive. “Now the most affected age group is from 10 to 19 years old, and then from 20 to 49,” he said.

See also  More than 104 years after the revolution in Russia, one of the last Romanovs got married with pomp and circumstances.

Acute childhood hepatitis

During the interview, the CEO confirmed that they nine suspected cases of acute hepatitis so far. “It’s a diagnosis of exclusion […] – which often develop well, as happened in Portugal”, acknowledging that these are cases that “can always remain unclear. “This is what is happening all over the world. There are over 300 cases, and we know the picture. The reason is unknown,” he said.

Recognizing that the explanation was difficult, stated that there were no confirmed cases of acute hepatitis in Portugal, because for this it was necessary to find a reason. “Our nine cases of this type of hepatitis have appeared recently, in children under 16 years of age, liver enzymes are elevated and the cause has not been found, “unlike other hepatitis in which a virus has been detected,” for example, complete.

Read also: Ex-Minister of Health believes that the increase in the incidence is not a cause for concern

News by the Minute nominated for Marketeer Awards

O News by the minute is one of the nominees for the 2022 competition. Premium Marketerin category digital media. Voting will last until May 31st.

To help us win, just visit the website of the initiative organized by the magazine. marketerclicking Hereand proceed to fill out the form by selecting News by the minute in category digital media and then formalize the vote. Thanks for your preference!

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Vladimir Putin has delayed the invasion of Ukraine at least three times.

Published

on

Putin has repeatedly consulted with Russian Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov and Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu about the invasion, Europa Press told Ukraine’s chief intelligence director Vadim Skibitsky.

According to Skibitsky, it was the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), which is responsible for counterintelligence and espionage work, that put pressure on Gerasimov and other military agencies to agree to launch an offensive. .

However, according to the Ukrainian intelligence services, the FSB considered that by the end of February sufficient preparations had already been made to guarantee the success of the Russian Armed Forces in a lightning invasion.

However, according to Kyiv, the Russian General Staff provided the Russian troops with supplies and ammunition for only three days, hoping that the offensive would be swift and immediately successful.

The head of Ukrainian intelligence also emphasized the cooperation of local residents, who always provided the Ukrainian authorities with up-to-date information about the Russian army, such as the number of soldiers or the exact location of troops.

The military offensive launched on February 24 by Russia in Ukraine caused at least 6.5 million internally displaced persons and more than 7.8 million refugees to European countries, which is why the UN classifies this migration crisis as the worst in Europe since World War II (1939-1945). gg.). ).

At the moment, 17.7 million Ukrainians are in need of humanitarian assistance, and 9.3 million are in need of food aid and housing.

The UN has presented as confirmed 6,755 civilian deaths and 10,607 wounded since the beginning of the war, stressing that these figures are much lower than the real ones.

See also  Italy. The illegal party, which was attended by 10 thousand people, came to an end. One death, hospitalizations and a lot of trash - News

Continue Reading

World

Life sentence for former Swedish official for spying for Russia

Published

on

A Stockholm court on Monday sentenced a former Swedish intelligence officer to life in prison for spying for Russia, and his brother to at least 12 years in prison. In what is considered one of the most serious cases in Swedish counterintelligence history, much of the trial took place behind closed doors in the name of national security.

According to the prosecution, it was Russian military intelligence, the GRU, who took advantage of the information provided by the two brothers between 2011 and their arrest at the end of 2021.

Peyman Kia, 42, has held many senior positions in the Swedish security apparatus, including the army and his country’s intelligence services (Säpo). His younger brother, Payam, 35, is accused of “participating in the planning” of the plot and of “managing contacts with Russia and the GRU, including passing on information and receiving financial rewards.”

Both men deny the charges, and their lawyers have demanded an acquittal on charges of “aggravated espionage,” according to the Swedish news agency TT.

The trial coincides with another case of alleged Russian espionage, with the arrest of the Russian-born couple in late November in a suburb of Stockholm by a police team arriving at dawn in a Blackhawk helicopter.

Research website Bellingcat identified them as Sergei Skvortsov and Elena Kulkova. The couple allegedly acted as sleeper agents for Moscow, having moved to Sweden in the late 1990s.

According to Swedish press reports, the couple ran companies specializing in the import and export of electronic components and industrial technology.

See also  Milhazes commented on Putin's decision: "For one night Kherson and Zaporozhye will become independent"

The man was again detained at the end of November for “illegal intelligence activities.” His partner, suspected of being an accomplice, has been released but remains under investigation.

According to Swedish authorities, the arrests are not related to the trial of the Kia brothers.

Continue Reading

World

Ukraine admitted that Russia may announce a general mobilization

Published

on

“They can strengthen their positions. We understand that this can happen. At the same time, we do not rule out that they will announce a general mobilization,” Danilov said in an interview with the Ukrainska Pravda online publication.

Danilov believed that this mobilization would also be convened “to exterminate as many as possible” of Russian citizens, so that “they would no longer have any problems on their territory.”

In this sense, Danilov also reminded that Russia has not given up on securing control over Kyiv or the idea of ​​the complete “destruction” of Ukraine. “We have to be ready for anything,” he said.

“I want everyone to understand that [os russos] they have not given up on the idea of ​​destroying our nation. If they don’t have Kyiv in their hands, they won’t have anything in their hands, we must understand this,” continued Danilov, who also did not rule out that a new Russian offensive would come from “Belarus and other territories.” .

As such, Danilov praised the decision of many of its residents who chose to stay in the Ukrainian capital when the war broke out in order to defend the city.

“They expected that there would be panic, that people would run, that there would be nothing to protect Kyiv,” he added, referring to President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The military offensive launched on February 24 by Russia in Ukraine caused at least 6.5 million internally displaced persons and more than 7.8 million refugees to European countries, which is why the UN classifies this migration crisis as the worst in Europe since World War II (1939-1945). gg.). ).

See also  Why the Mauritius oil spill is so serious

At the moment, 17.7 million Ukrainians are in need of humanitarian assistance, and 9.3 million are in need of food aid and housing.

The Russian invasion, justified by Russian President Vladimir Putin on the need to “denazify” and demilitarize Ukraine for Russia’s security, was condemned by the international community at large, which responded by sending weapons to Ukraine and imposing political and economic sanctions on Russia.

The UN has presented as confirmed 6,755 civilian deaths and 10,607 wounded since the beginning of the war, stressing that these figures are much lower than the real ones.

Continue Reading

Trending