Connect with us

sport

BALL – “I take responsibility for this season and do not hide” (“Benfica”)

Published

on

BALL - "I take responsibility for this season and do not hide" ("Benfica")

Rui Costa spoke this Wednesday at the end of a corporate event that took place at the Benfica campus in Seixal. In his speech, the President of the Eagles admitted the season was below expectations in the main football team.

“This season, if in the Champions League we have come a long way, which, given the circumstances, we are proud of, knocking out Spartak (Moscow), PSV, Barcelona, ​​Dynamo Kiev and Ajax, breaking away only from Liverpool, despite an extraordinary 3-3 draw in England, it was true that in the national competition we were far from what we wanted. I assume this without any beating around the bush, because that’s my way of life. I take charge this season and will always take on whatever I need without hesitation. I do not hide and I will never hide behind anyone or anything,” said Rui Costa, summing up the work he has done as president of the club since October last year.

“When I was elected in October, I was well aware that there was a lot of work ahead of us to become the Benfica we want again, and I have no doubt that we will achieve this. We will do everything in our power to get there. We, the managers, coaches, players and fans of Benfica, will do our part. And we simply demand that everyone, without exception, who play this wonderful sport, seriously fulfill their roles and responsibilities,” the leader of the “reds” emphasized, ensuring that he strives for Benfica, “which honors its history, the winner, who enters the field. with the sole purpose of doing everything to win.”

See also  Ohio State Dad and mom Arranging An additional Protest, Aligning Information Throughout the League

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

sport

″Has potential for a team like Porto″

Published

on

″Has potential for a team like Porto″

Chosen by the Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport to defend eleven of Europe’s under-23 stars, the guilista left the former Botafogo coach full of pride.

The Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport has named Andrew Silva the best under-23 goalkeeper to have played in nine major European Championships, giving himself the title of an all-star team with names like Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandes and Manchester City’s Haaland “. .

The choice was received with great enthusiasm by Andrew Silva’s former club Botafogo (Brazil). Marcelo Inácio, who was Chilista’s goalkeeping coach for almost a decade, did not hide his pride: “I already told him that here at the club we were very happy. Me especially. Andrew was 11 years old when we started and he stayed with me until the age of 20, I am very happy to see this growth in the first year in Portugal”, comments O JOGO.

The coach adds that the evolution, and now this Italian praise, does not surprise him, nor does the recent interest of the national champion: “I never had any doubts that this could happen. I am sure that this is just the beginning and that he will shine much more. He has the potential to be in an even bigger team, as is the case with Porto. He has many technical qualities and an excellent reading of the game, but the main thing is his focus and ambitious personality. Of course, he is still very young, he is 21 years old, but he takes this first opportunity very hard.”

See also  Jason Wright Named President of Washington Football Team, 1st Black NFL Team Pres

Also João Paulo Marangon, Andrew’s manager, emphasized the precocity: “I work a lot with goalkeepers and I know it’s rare to see someone so young playing with such consistency and regularity.” He also suggested that the news of the alleged interest from Porto spurred him on further: “We heard that his name is strong there, he has a personality and that was the impetus to keep working in search of a great club in the future.”

Property caught in the light
It was Ricardo Soares who bet on Andrew, launching him into the starting XI on February 2 at the Da Luz Stadium, to the detriment of the then owner of the establishment, Sige Frehli, and the club’s young player, Brian Araujo. Gil Vicente won that game (2-1) in a perfect baptism because the goalkeeper was one of the best on the field. Since then, he has already made 21 appearances in eleven and was also Ivo Vieira’s first choice, a situation which, combined with Kritchuk’s return to Barcelos, led to Ziga Frelich’s loan to Chaves.

Continue Reading

sport

Ndur still hasn’t agreed on a contract extension with Benfica

Published

on

Ndur still hasn't agreed on a contract extension with Benfica

Victor Rodriguez

Topics

An Italian player, winner of the Youth League and the Intercontinental Cup with the Eagles, he is the undisputed starter of Team B and is in talks for a new contract with Napoli in search.

The list, which Rui Costa has announced he has pending renewal files for young players, includes the name of Cher Ndur, one of the most promising players on the Red B team, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

O JOGO has discovered that the Eagles president is indeed trying to keep the young Italian international – he made his under-20 debut on Friday against Portugal – but the process continues with no apparent agreement.

The one who is one of the champions of the Youth League and the winner of the new Intercontinental Cup for Benfica is discussing a new contract for five seasons.

If no agreement is reached, the 18-year-old will be able to link himself to another emblem as early as January at no cost, a situation that responsible incarnations want to avoid, not least because training reports point to Ndur as a talent to keep in Seixal.

While his contract situation, labeled as urgent by SAD, is not evolving, and even because of that, there is already news in Italy of Napoli’s interest in the player that the Eagles hired for free in 2020 from Atalanta. already assigned to Barcelona, ​​Juventus, Chelsea and Bayern. This season, the jersey number 73 has made seven bases appearances and has been a starter in the Intercontinental Cup final and two Youth League rounds.

See also  Beto announces his intention to leave and contacts Portimonense - Portimonense

Continue Reading

sport

René Simões: “If Luis Castro were Brazilian, he wouldn’t be here” – Brazil

Published

on

René Simões: "If Luis Castro were Brazilian, he wouldn't be here" - Brazil



Former Botafogo coach notes the “rigidity” of the work of the Portuguese coaches

René Simões worked at Botafogo as one of his last jobs, especially in 2017. The Brazilian coach, who was Coritiba’s football coordinator until last August, expressed regret that the directors were more understanding of the Portuguese coaches and cited Luis Castro’s case. “I see that the Portuguese coaches are very strict in some things that they do not refuse. The fact that they don’t “rock the waist” makes this adaptation a bit more difficult. [Luís Castro] If there was a Brazilian coach and the direction would be Brazilian, the coach would not be here for a long time,” René Simões assured in a statement to the Samba que é goal program, quoted by Lance. The 65-year-old Coach even showed ignorance towards Luis Castro, who was the champion of Ukraine with Shakhtar Donetsk.

“I don’t know much about the Botafogo coach. It seems to me that he did not coach any team. I think he has always been a coordinator or director, and these are completely different positions. In addition, they attracted many players at the same time. It’s all very complicated, but Brazilian human culture has to adapt to it. It is necessary to adapt to the culture of the country,” he stressed.

In the second season at Brasileirão, Botafogo Luis Castro is in 10th place with 34 points from 27 rounds.

Flavio Miguel Silva


eight

leave your comment

See also  Beto announces his intention to leave and contacts Portimonense - Portimonense

Continue Reading

Trending