Connect with us

World

“Self-defense is not illegal,” says Kyle Rittenhouse after killing two men in protest.

Published

on

Kyle Rittenhouse, an American teenager acquitted of the killing of two men during protests and riots against police brutality in Wisconsin last year, made public statements about the verdict on Saturday.

The teenager, who was seen smiling at the wheel after his acquittal, said he was glad his “difficult journey” had come to an end. “The jury gave the correct verdict – self-defense is not illegal,” said Rittenhouse. “I’m glad everything went well. We got through the hard part. “

The statements are part of an interview that will air on Fox News on Monday. This case will also be highlighted in a documentary that opens in December.

For John Huber, father of one of the men killed in Kenosha, the “shock” did not pass. “We still can’t believe it. He was supposed to receive about 40 years in prison. This was our expectation. This guy can escape to freedom and is now a hero. And this is my son. This is Anthony, ”Huber said, holding a small urn and a photograph of the child. “There is no justice for our family.”

All charges dropped

The Rittenhouse case gained national attention, in part because it arose from the Black Lives Matters demonstrations that swept the country last year. At the trial, the teenager said he killed two men and wounded another in self-defense after being attacked during the Kenosha riots at night. Rittenhouse, who lived in nearby Illinois, said he reached out to Kenosha to protect the companies from burglars.

See also  Fajã do Cumbre Vieja already has over 40 hectares and threatens to collapse

On Friday, a jury found 18-year-old Rittenhouse not guilty of negligent, premeditated murder and other charges related to the August 2020 shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The decision sparked sporadic protests across the country, but also received praise from Rittenhouse supporters and gun ownership supporters.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Ukraine exchanges prisoners with Russia for the third time in a week – News

Published

on

“We managed to free twelve of our people. Among them are four Navy servicemen, two National Guardsmen, two border guards, a serviceman of the Territorial Defense Forces and three civilians: a husband and wife and a missing man,” Andriy Yermak, head of the presidential staff, wrote. ., in your online Telegram account.

Yermak said the soldiers may have been captured during the siege of the coastal city of Mariupol in southern Ukraine, the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, which Russian troops occupied for a month last spring, and Snake Island in the Black Sea.

According to the head of the presidential office, with such an exchange, the number of Ukrainian prisoners of war exchanged with Russia per week rises to 98.

“We are working to free all of our people. We will not stop,” Yermak concluded.

For its part, the Russian Defense Ministry said nine Russian servicemen were returned this Saturday “from territories controlled by the Kyiv regime.”

Last Thursday, 50 Ukrainian and Russian prisoners of war were exchanged, and the day before, 35 Russian servicemen were released for the same number of Ukrainian military and one civilian.

See also  Zelensky says Kyiv has not received enough weapons to "liberate Mariupol" and steps up call for help - Obozrevatel
Continue Reading

World

“I share your pain,” Putin told the mothers of Russian soldiers sent to war in Ukraine – War in Ukraine

Published

on

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday told mothers of Russian soldiers fighting in Ukraine that he “shares the pain” of those who have lost their children and urged them not to believe the “lie” about the invasion.

“I want you to know that I personally share your pain. We know that nothing can replace the loss of a child,” Putin said.

According to news site EuroNews, the Russian leader also added that Mother’s Day, celebrated in Russia this Sunday, will be marked this year by “a sense of unease and unease” among women whose “thoughts will be with their boys.”

Putin’s meeting with the soldiers’ mothers took place at the leader’s residence outside Moscow and was the first of its kind since the start of the Russian invasion on February 24. The Kremlin rarely talks about the losses suffered in Ukraine, and the meeting, which took place this Friday, comes after weeks of criticism on social media from relatives of soldiers mobilized in early autumn.

Many soldiers’ wives and mothers blamed the authorities for not properly training and equipping them before being sent to the front, EuroNews reports.

“Life is more complicated than what you see on TV or on the Internet, where you can’t trust anything. A lot of false information, a lot of lies,” Putin replied.

The Russian president also said he occasionally talks on his cell phone to soldiers sent to Ukraine and said he was “surprised” by their “state of mind.”

“They give me reason to say that they are heroes, it’s true,” he added.

See also  Fajã do Cumbre Vieja already has over 40 hectares and threatens to collapse

Continue Reading

World

Russia sends elite paratroopers to the front line in Donbass after leaving Kherson – Obozrevatel

Published

on

whitefish here our liveblog from the war in Ukraine

In the first hours of the invasion, on February 24, Russian paratroopers were in the Kyiv area. A few weeks ago they were dedicated to the defense of territories west of the Dnieper, in Kherson. After the withdrawal of Russian troops, some units are sent to a new front, this time to the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

British Ministry of Defense disclosed that, despite the “strong weakening” during the nine months of the war, part of the units of the Russian Air Force (VDV) will return to the combat front.

Some of these units will be reinforced by Russians called up during the partial mobilization announced in September by President Vladimir Putin. Despite the promise of training and equipment, soldiers arrive in Ukraine ill-prepared, and there are already records of the first deaths among mobilized Russian troops. However, the British Ministry assumes that the new elements integrated into the Airborne Forces will be sent to the most important places.

Russian soldiers died in Ukraine 10 days after being sent

In the most recent report, the United Kingdom points out that “although these untrained soldiers undermine the supposedly elite capability of the Airborne Forces, Russia is likely to deploy these units in sectors considered particularly important.”

In the Donbass, units are expected to support the defense of the Kremina-Svatovo area in Lugansk. According to The Telegraph, it was in this city that Russian troops settled after leaving Kharkov. The British ministry also says units could be sent to reinforce defensive operations in the town of Bakhmut in Donetsk, which has been one of the hotbeds of heavy fighting in recent weeks.

Continue Reading

Trending