Connect with us

Politics

Big loss, Cristiana Lobo resumes political journalism

Published

on

Big loss, Cristiana Lobo resumes political journalism

TV journalism gets poorer with death Christian Lobo… The 63-year-old journalist from Goias did not resist pneumonia and the complications of multiple myeloma (cancer of bone marrow cells). She leaves her husband, the economist Sebastian Umbelino, and two children, Barbara and Gustavo.

Christiane Lobo in one of her last performances before leaving the studio due to the covid-19 pandemic

Photo: Play / TV

After a successful newspaper career, she debuted on GloboNews in 1997. She soon became one of the most respected and popular political commentators in the country, with hot springs in all areas of government.

He managed to quickly pay attention to deputies, senators, ministers and presidents. Obedience was one of her hallmarks. Always smiling and optimistic. He was loved by his colleagues on television. In fact, many of them got their first chance on camera thanks to the veteran journalist.

In her program Fatos & Versões, Christiana made the rough and sometimes technical topics of Brasilia interesting and understandable for the viewer. He interpreted politics from the point of view of an ordinary citizen. At the same time, he occasionally included good humor in his analysis.

On August 18, GloboNews hosts and commentators paid tribute to their colleague from the Jornal das Dez magazine. At the time, she warned that she would soon be back to work after being away from late 2020. This was the second time she had stayed away from studios to treat cancer. He never spoke publicly about the disease. He preferred complete solitude.

“Chris created this political journalism live, behind the scenes and analysis. In a sense, all of us, especially here at GloboNews, are her children, ”said one of her students, Gerson Camarotti. “In addition to being a great teacher, a teacher, she is also a generous friend, always an open person,” said another commentator on the channel, Ana Flor.

In the early months of the covid-19 pandemic, Christiane featured daily on GloboNews, which were broadcast live from her home. Now his constant absence opens up a void in political journalism. Your professional legacy must be explored by new generations of reporters.

See also  There is only one candidate between Bolsonaro and Lula, the political scientist believes.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Elite politician and businessman arrested on charges of murdering his wife

Published

on

Thank you for your opinion! We’ll report the guilty! Could you help us by sharing this page?


Thank you for your opinion! We will inform those responsible for improvement! Check back often!


Last September, the politician gave an interview about the murder of his wife (ANN archive)

Monday (28) police announced the arrest political, Representative of the Legislative Assembly of Nagano Prefecture 丸山大輔, 48, as a suspect in the murder of his wife希美, aged 47, was found dead on September 29 last year on the first floor of a house next to the sake factory in Shiojiri (Nagano).

Advertising

According to policea politician’s wife died of asphyxiation caused by asphyxiation and the estimated time of death was in the early morning of the same day.

The husband was excluded from the number of suspects in murder because it was alibisaying that he was in the House of Representatives because there was a meeting in the morning.

husband and political who was arrested, was born into a sake-producing family founded in 1883, and graduated from the economics department of the renowned Keio University.

A member of the Liberal Democratic Party (PLD), he began his career as a legislator for the city of Shiojiri in 2015 and was elected as a provincial representative in 2019. Nagano.

As Nozomi’s wife was lying near the office safe, it was suspected that she wanted the money, but doubts were in the air as there was no sign that it had been broken into from the inside.

See also  FTSE 100 falls ahead of crucial Jerome Powell speech – business live | Business

After the fall alibia police analyze that an elite politician and businessman acted alone, but did not say whether he suspected suspicion of murder.

In connection with death wifeabout political gave several interviews, saying “I have no idea who is to blame and I can’t help but get angry. I urge (the culprit) to surrender.”

Fontes: ANN e Tokyo Sports

Thank you for your opinion! We’ll report the guilty! Could you help us by sharing this page?


Thank you for your opinion! We will inform those responsible for improvement! Check back often!


Continue Reading

Politics

STF to consider Sergio Cabral’s habeas corpus petition next week

Published

on

published on 28.11.2022 20:28


(credit: WALTER CAMPANATO-ADB)

The Second Bench of the Federal Supreme Court (STF) will consider, starting next week, habeas corpus submitted by the defense former Governor of Rio de Janeiro Sergio Cabral🇧🇷 If the request of the lawyers is granted, the politician can be released. He was convicted by former judge Sergio Moro of the Federal Court of Curitiba as part of Operation Lava Hato.

The decision will be taken at the virtual plenary session of the Court from 9 to 16 December. The rapporteur is Minister Edson Fachin. In the appeal filed, Cabral’s lawyers argue that the case should not have been tried in the state capital of Paraná and ask for the convictions to be overturned.

Last December, the STF overturned one of the sentences against Sergio Cabral., determined by Judge Marcelo Bretas for Operation Reveal Fracture. For the Second Bench of the Court, there was no connection between the medical anomalies and the corruption found in the Secretariat of Works that led to Operation Calicut, the first lawsuit against the former governor.

This decision did not affect the retention of Cabral, and five warrants for his preventive arrest remained in force. The politician has 21 convictions, which is a total of 399 years and 11 months in prison.

Arrested by Lava Jato

Sergio Cabral, the former governor of Rio, served six years in prison this year. Arrested in Operation Lava Jato, he is the only major politician still incarcerated due to the schemes the task force investigated.

See also  Find out what was shown in the political news this Friday

Cabral was arrested by the Federal Police during Operation Calicut on charges of accepting bribes in exchange for contracts for works such as the refurbishment of the Maracanã, Arco Metropolitano and PAC das Favelas. The Federal Public Ministry (MPF) convicted the politician in 37 criminal cases, 35 of which were related to Lava-Jato. He is accused of crimes such as corruption, money laundering, criminal organization and currency evasion.

Newsletter

Assign a newsletter to do Brazilian Post🇧🇷 And be aware of the main news of the day from the very morning. Click here.

Coating Correio Braziliense

Do you want to be aware of the main news from Brazil and the world? Follow him Brazilian Post in social networks. we are inside TwitterNo facebookNo InstagramNo tik tak e no YouTube🇧🇷 Follow!

Continue Reading

Politics

US press conference turns discussion on political issues with Iran

Published

on

US press conference turns discussion on political issues with Iran

Team USA coach Gregg Berchalter at a press conference (Photo: Hector Vivas – FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images)

The US press conference on the eve of the World Cup match against Iran was prickly. The game is tomorrow (29) at 4:00 pm, and the Q&A session with coach Gregg Berhalter and captain Tyler Adams was tense, talking more about conflicts between nations than football.

Journalists, especially from Iran, behaved more aggressively during interrogations. The game, in addition to the political scenario, also had controversy during this World Cup, as a US social media post removed the emblem of Iran from its flag, as ostensibly support for the protests that are taking place in the country. The Iranian federation has already asked to exclude North Americans from the Cup.

Read also:

Gregg Berkhalter and Tyler Adams’ strategy was to try to minimize off-field time and deal more with World Cup-related issues as both teams struggle to reach the round of 16.

“When I think about this match, I know that it is connected to other things, other feelings. But for us, it’s a football match against a good team, a knockout match where both teams are trying to qualify. Confrontation. Sport. should unite countries, as we see at the Olympics. Like brothers,” Berhalter began.

“We have no idea what is being done, what is being published [nas redes sociais]🇧🇷 I don’t want to sound like I don’t care, but these players have worked very hard to get here and we are focused on our work. All we can do is apologize on behalf of the players and our staff.”

See also  For a politician, nothing is scarier than his ex-wife

“I don’t understand international politics, I’m a coach. I can’t answer that” and “I came here to talk about the United States, not about Jurgen Klinsman. trainer phrases.

Adams was accused of mispronouncing the name Iran. In addition, he was asked about the defense of the US, a country with racism problems.

“Sorry for the mispronunciation. There is discrimination everywhere, which I can confirm by living outside my country. In the United States, we are making progress every day. progress,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending