Connect with us

sport

The military does not allow the Angola national team to leave the Gabon airport

Published

on

The military does not allow the Angola national team to leave the Gabon airport

The Angolan football team, led by Portuguese Pedro Gonçalves, was detained for more than two hours at the El Hajj Omar Bongo Ondimba International Airport in Franceville, Gabon, and condemned the Angola Football Federation.

According to the vice-president of the Angolan Football Federation, Jose Carlos Miguel, the Gabon authorities require the Angolan delegation to conduct a covid-19 RT / PCR test at a time when there is no medical team for this purpose. …

“We are at the airport for more than two hours in a room with no air conditioning and no chairs to sit on. We cannot leave because they say that the medical team will come, but they will not come. soldiers around the airport so we don’t go. Right. This is absurd, ”he said.

President of the Jurisdictional Council of the Angolan Football Federation, Sergio Raimundo, who was also present at the event, expressed regret at this fact.

<< It is sad and unfortunate that we live in Africa. We continue to portray a sad image of who we are. This does not make us dignified Africans. We are locked in a room with no air conditioning or benches to sit on. there is no water to hydrate our players, ”complained.

National selector Pedro Gonçalves has called on FIFA to intervene.

“It is regrettable what we are experiencing here. They threatened us in Luanda, saying that we would face reprisals for demanding that they submit their tests before the game. FIFA and CAF must intervene. This is unfortunate. We already knew about this. may complicate the task for us, so we were well prepared from a logistic point of view. We do not know what time we go to the hotel and even what time we go to bed, ”he said.

See also  Tennis: referee released Djokovic at Australian Open

The match Angola-Gabon in the qualifying stage for the Qatar2022 World Cup in Luanda was postponed for more than an hour and a half due to the fact that the Gabon team did not conduct tests for Covid-19 in Angola.

Regardless, FIFA decided to host the game, given that the tests the Gabonese conducted in their home country two days before the game, won by Angola 3-1, were valid.

The two teams will face each other again tomorrow in the 4th qualifying round for the Qatar2022 World Cup, which starts at 14:00.

The Angolans did not leave due to the absence of “captain” Fredi Ribeiro, who misses the game due to the accumulation of a yellow card.

In African Group F, selected for the 2022 Qatar World Cup, Angola will finish third with three points. The group is led by Egypt with seven, followed by Libya with six and Gabon last with one.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

sport

BALL – Rangers legend: Goalkeeper dies after saying he had six months to live in May (Scotland)

Published

on

BALL - Rangers legend: Goalkeeper dies after saying he had six months to live in May (Scotland)

Misfortune knocked on Andy Goram’s door. The former Scottish goalkeeper passed away this Saturday at the age of 58 from esophageal cancer.

The ex-Rangers had already left a chilling score on May 30, when he explained Daily entry that the doctors gave him six months to live. However, the disease progressed faster than expected, and the guardian died about a month later.

Born in England and educated at Oldham, Andy Gorham experienced the best period of his career from 1991 to 1998 at Rangers. He won six titles and was even recognized by the fans as the best goalkeeper in the history of the club. He also had a spell at Manchester United (2001) in which he won the Premier League and made 43 caps for Scotland, starting in the 1992 and 1996 European Championships.

Gloves hung up, he still worked as a goalkeeping coach at minor clubs in Scotland such as BSC Glasgow, Dunfermline Athletic and the Airdreonians, from which he left in October 2016.

See also  A BOLA - Pogakar denies doping and runs to prove he didn't win the Tour by accident (Return to France)
Continue Reading

sport

Discussion at the airport control regarding the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo from Menorca

Published

on

Discussion at the airport control regarding the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo from Menorca



According to the local press, the security of the star entered into a heated skirmish with representatives of the airport.

Cristiano Ronaldo spent only one day in Menorca, but his short stay on this Spanish island was overshadowed by a small incident on the way to the island’s airport. According to the Menorca newspaper, as the Portuguese striker’s escorts were preparing to go through security in the space’s VIP area, there was a “bitter argument” between one of the CR7 guards and the airport authorities, which even led to the intervention of the Guardia Civil. According to the publication, which reports sources at the airport, it all happened when one of the attacker’s bodyguards walked past the control device and sounded the alarm. It was about the protection that he had on his finger, but since at that moment a woman was at the place for control, she asked to wait for the man to arrive in order to conduct a search. An element of the CR7 team did not like this, “he raised his voice, gesticulating furiously” before passing through security without proper body vision, although he was warned by officials that the Civil Guard would be called. Upon the arrival of the authorities, the situation was quickly rectified and Cristiano Ronaldo’s private jet took off half an hour late. According to the Menorca newspaper, Cristiano “watched the entire scene without participating, with the face of a few friends”.

By appointment


3

leave your comment

See also  BALL - "My father is crazy, but now I believe in him more and more" (Athletics)

Continue Reading

sport

BALL – Todd Boely era could start with a bang (Chelsea)

Published

on

BALL - Todd Boely era could start with a bang (Chelsea)

New Chelsea owner Todd Boly is set to open a consulate in London by signing a major deal. According to ESPNthe American businessman is exploring the possibility of bringing Neymar to Stamford Bridge and has already moved forward with the first contacts.

The Brazilian’s intention to leave PSG has been widely publicized, as well as the fact that he has Thiago Silva (with whom Neymar shares the dressing room in the Brazilian national team) and Thomas Tuchel in charge (who spent time at PSG from 2018 to 2021). year). ) help entice a 30 year old extreme. The only question is the scale of the operation, as PSG spent 222 million euros in 2017 and intend to recoup some of the money spent on a world record transfer.

If confirmed, it would be a paradigm shift for Roman Abramovich, who took over the reins of the club in 2003. If it is true that the Russian oligarch invested heavily in the Chelsea team during his time at the club, his consulate began by hiring two goalkeepers at…zero cost. Austrian Jürgen Macho and Italy’s Marco Ambrosio arrived at Stamford Bridge on the same day as Abramovich, but they can hardly be counted among the most influential members of the team, as they played eight matches together.

See also  Tennis: referee released Djokovic at Australian Open
Continue Reading

Trending