Connect with us

World

The advance of lava from the volcano in La Palma forced the removal of up to 300 residents – News

Published

on

Sources in the regional government of the Canary Islands told Efe that the affected area runs along the road between the villages of La Laguna and Tazacorte and adjoins the border of the previously evacuated perimeter.

Victims will have to leave their homes with their belongings and pets before 17:00 (the same time in Lisbon) and go to a designated meeting point located in the city of Los Llanos.

People who are unable to collect their belongings will be allowed to do so in the following days, gradually and accompanied if security conditions permit.

On Wednesday evening, another evacuation took place, as a result of which about fifteen residents were injured.

Earlier, another 800 residents were evacuated from the La Laguna area due to a new landslide in recent days north of the main road.

In total, the eruption of Cumbre Vieja, which began on September 19, has already led to the evacuation of about 7,000 people, some of whom have lost everything they had in the lava flow.

Since 00:00 today, a total of 60 earthquakes have been recorded on the island of La Palma, one of which is 4.5 degrees, the strongest earthquake since the volcanic eruption began 26 days ago.

According to the Spanish National Geographic Institute (IGN), seismic activity on La Palma has increased in recent hours after a slight decline on Wednesday.

The island of La Palma, with about 85,000 inhabitants, is currently experiencing its third volcanic eruption in a century, after the San Juan volcano in 1949 and Tenegia in 1971.

See also  Hurricane warning issued for Baja California as Genevieve tends to make a close go

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

US announces assassination of al-Qaeda leader

Published

on

On Friday, the US military said it shot down the leader of the al-Qaeda extremist group in a drone attack in Syria.

“Today’s American airstrike [sexta-feira] Al-Qaeda leader Abdul Hamid al-Matar has been killed in northwestern Syria, ”said Commander John Rigsby, a spokesman for US Army Central Command (Centcom), in a statement.

“We found no sign of civilian casualties following the drone attack. [aparelho não tripulado] MQ-9, “he added,” about the actions carried out in the Suluk region of northern Syria, which is under Turkish control.

The spokesman did not indicate whether the move was in response to Wednesday’s attack on al-Tanf base in the south, used by a US-led international coalition near the borders with Jordan and Iraq.

“Al Qaeda continues to pose a threat to the United States and its allies,” he said.

The group “is using Syria as a retreat base to rebuild itself, coordinate with affiliates and plan overseas operations,” he added.

“The removal of this al-Qaeda leader will affect the ability of the terrorist organization to plan and carry out attacks on US citizens, our partners and innocent civilians,” he said.

In late September, the Pentagon eliminated another “al-Qaeda leader” in Syria, Salim Abu Ahmad, in an airstrike near Idleb in the northwest of the country.

About 900 American soldiers remain stationed in northeastern Syria and at al-Tanf base in the south.

See also  250 Afghan translators at risk as UK accidentally disclosed their emails - News
Continue Reading

World

Return to virginity to survive in Afghanistan

Published

on

Continue Reading

World

The Gabby Petito case. Locals say the laundry was eaten by crocodiles and wild pigs

Published

on



Residents who live near the T. Mabrey Carlton Jr. Memorial Reserve and Myakkahatchi Creek Ecological Park, where Brian Landry’s remains were found, believe that the boy who killed Gabby Petito was eaten by crocodiles and feral pigs in that region of the country. US state of Florida.

The remains of the 23-year-old laundry were found Wednesday during an FBI search after her parents joined the authorities to find him. The laundry disappeared early last month after returning from a trip without her friend Gabby Petito, 22, and declining to cooperate in the investigation into the disappearance of YouTuber. Recall that on Thursday, the FBI confirmed that the remains belonged to Landry, comparing the dental records with the bones found, since only bones remained from the body. It should also be noted that it was confirmed that Landry’s body was found in an area previously covered in water.

For example, John Widmann, who lives about a mile from the 10,000-hectare nature reserve, told the New York Post: “There are crocodiles, but the worst thing is wild pigs. They are bad animals. They eat everything. Any meat. what is in the open air will not be wasted. The coroner won’t have much work to do. Nature is not wasting anything. “

Gabby’s body was found in a remote area of ​​Wyoming on September 19, and an autopsy confirmed that she had been strangled. The FBI began a real search, calling Landry “the only person concerned” in this case. Recall that the girl was last seen on August 27. Then on September 1, Landry briefly returned to her parents’ home in Florida, after which she disappeared. He allegedly told Chris and Roberta Landry that he was going for a walk. The boy’s bones were next to his backpack and notebook. The Laundromat family’s attorney, Steve Bertolino, said in a statement to Fox News: “Chris and Roberta Landry have been informed that the remains found in the reserve yesterday actually belong to Brian. We have no further comments at this time and we ask that you respect the privacy of the family. ”

See also  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she feared rape during the Capitol robbery

Remember, authorities said last week that the likelihood that a boy is alive is equal to the likelihood that he will eventually lose his life.

Continue Reading

Trending