Connect with us

World

Bolsonaro is annoyed by the question of deaths from coronavirus in Brazil

Published

on

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who spends several days on vacation at the beach, became angry when a woman asked him about the more than 600,000 deaths caused by COVID-19 in the country.

“In which country did people not die?” – Bolsonaro asked three times, who, faced with the woman’s lack of response, added clearly upset: “Look, I did not come here to be upset.”

Brazil broke the 600,000 coronavirus-related death barrier last Friday, and so far, the head of state has yet to comment on this tragic milestone that only the United States has so far crossed.

Before being questioned by his wife, speaking with some supporters at Guaruja Beach in São Paulo, Bolsonaro assured that the country is “emerging from this health crisis” given that the pandemic is “practically over” given the sharp decline in deaths and infections. registered in recent months.

This vertical drop in statistics is due primarily to the development of vaccination, which currently covers 47% of the 213 million Brazilians with a full vaccination schedule, while just over 70% receive only the first dose.

“They call me a denier, and we gave 20 billion reais (about 3.13 billion euros) to buy vaccines,” added the leader of the Brazilian far-right, who has always minimized its severity since the beginning of the pandemic. the effectiveness of immunizing agents.

Bolsonaro again criticized the “stay at home, the economy comes later” policy, citing incarceration and other measures that limited mobility during the worst moments of the health crisis, which were adopted by governors and mayors.

See also  Wuhan hosts massive water park get together as coronavirus worries recede

“Now we have inflation and we are all paying the bills,” said the president, who believes that the loss in purchasing power of the Brazilians and the rise in prices recorded this year, already close to 9%, are the result of these restrictive measures. measures.

Brazil is the Portuguese-speaking country hardest hit by the pandemic and one of the hardest hit in the world, with a total of 601,011 deaths and more than 21.5 million infections caused by the novel coronavirus.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Luxembourg became the first European country to legalize the production and consumption of cannabis

Published

on

Luxembourg became the first European country to legalize the production and consumption of cannabis after local authorities announced this Friday allowing adults to grow up to four plants in their homes or gardens. With permission, a dramatic shift in the country’s approach to the recreational use and cultivation of cannabis is envisioned in light of the failure of the ban to prevent its use.

Thus, people over 18 years of age can legally grow up to four plants per family for personal use. The seed trade will also be allowed without any restrictions on the amount or levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive ingredient.

There is also an intention to allow domestic seed production for commercial purposes, but plans for a national regulated production and distribution chain have been delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The consumption or transport of cannabis or similar products in public places continues to be prohibited, as is the sale of cannabis or related products other than seeds. Consuming and transporting quantities up to 3 grams will not be considered a crime, but will be classified as a misdemeanor.

Government sources said that the adoption of the law was dictated by the desire to liberalize consumption and cultivation “within its four walls.” According to government sources, a state-regulated production and distribution system must guarantee product quality and sales revenues, which will be invested “mainly in drug prevention, education and health care.”

See also  Flooded. A country that was not ready to fight climate change
Continue Reading

World

France gives a “fuel check” for 100 euros from December

Published

on

Starting in December, France will provide a one-time € 100 “fuel check” to an estimated 36 million drivers who earn less than € 2,000 a month due to rising diesel and gasoline prices.

The measure, which applies to dependents and independent workers, unemployed job seekers and retirees, was announced on Thursday by Prime Minister Jean Castex, who, in statements broadcast on TF1, said it was “an exceptional response to an exceptional situation.” …

The financial support will be provided only once and will come after growing public discontent with the global energy crisis, as households are still recovering from the economic fallout from the covid-19 pandemic.

In September, the French government pledged € 100 in financial aid to about six million low-income families to help them pay their electricity bills.

Castex announced that the natural gas price freeze will continue until the end of next year.

The fuel issue is particularly acute in France after the emergence of the anti-government yellow vests movement, which began in 2018 with protests against higher fuel taxes.

The protest quickly turned into a general protest against economic injustice, which resulted in weekly, sometimes violent demonstrations.

See also  New York Governor Andrew Cuomo steps down after sexual harassment allegations against multiple women - Worldwide
Continue Reading

World

“If I don’t get what I want, I’d rather kill the Americans”: Armed group that kidnapped 17 people in Haiti threatens to start executions

Published

on

In a video released this Thursday, the leader of an armed group that has kidnapped 17 people, mostly missionaries, in Haiti threatens to kill them if the ransom is not paid.

The gang, known as the 400 Mawozo, is holding captive all of the kidnapped people – 16 Americans and one Canadian, including six women and five children. For their release, a ransom of one million dollars (more than 862 thousand euros) was required for each, that is, for a total amount of 17 million dollars (about 15 million euros).

“I swear if I don’t get what I want, I’d rather kill the Americans. I shot everyone in the head, ”said Joseph Wilson, who is considered by the authorities to be the leader of the armed group.

According to the Wall Street Journal, which adds that it has not been able to confirm the video’s authenticity, Joseph appears to be speaking at the funeral of five gang members, whose death he attributed to the person in charge of the police. The funeral took place this Wednesday, and the circumstances of the death are unknown.

“Five soldiers fell, but whoever killed them cannot destroy the army. I’m going to spill blood, ”threatens Wilson Joseph.

The video was filmed less than a week after the kidnapping, which occurred over the weekend as a group of missionaries working for the Christian Relief Ministry were returning from a shelter in Croix-de-Bouquet, about eight miles from the capital, Port-au. -Prince.

Continue Reading

Trending