Connect with us

World

the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petito

Published

on

Gabby Petito, 22, and her 23-year-old boyfriend, Brian Landry, traveled to the United States together in July. In early September, the young man returned home alone and refuses to tell the police about what happened. Gabby’s family wants answers and believes Brian is responsible for their daughter’s disappearance.

Gabby Petito was last seen on 24 August leaving her hotel in Salt Lake City. Traveling the roads of North America in a van, the couple shared their impressions on social media until there were no updates. The girl regularly spoke to her mother on the phone until she contacted her via text messages.

“I don’t know if it was technically her or not, because it was just text. I didn’t speak to her verbally, ”Nicole Schmidt, Gabby’s mother, told CBS News.

According to family members, Gabby last contacted her parents in late August when the couple was in the Grand Teton National Park area in Wyoming.

Unexpectedly, Brian Landry returned home on September 1, ten days before the girl’s family reported missing, hired a lawyer and refused to speak to investigators with his family. The van the couple was traveling in returned with their boyfriend and had already been detained by the authorities for analysis.

According to CNN, the Petito family contacted Brian and his family separately for information that could help authorities find the girl.

“We believe that you [pais de Brian] Know where Brian left Gabby. We ask you to inform us. As parents, how can you let us get through this pain and not help us? “They began with questions.” Please, if you still have any decency, let us know where Gabby is. Let us know if we are really looking for a suitable place, ”the parents of the 22-year-old asked in an open letter addressed to the parents of the laundry.

The investigation is in the hands of North Port Police in conjunction with the FBI, which revealed Wednesday that Brian has been formally identified as a “person of interest” in the case.

“We share the frustration with the world,” North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison said Thursday. “Two people arrived, only one returned, and the one who returned does not give us any information about what happened,” he concluded.

Neither Brian nor his family members will make “further comments” according to a statement released by the family’s attorney. Stephen Bertolino also stated that the young man is only “exercising his constitutional rights” and therefore will not speak.

the couple had a falling out during the trip

On August 12, Utah police responded to a report of domestic violence involving Petito and Laundry.

At the time, authorities said the couple was with a witness who witnessed physical confrontations following an altercation. Crying, the 22-year-old admitted that she had mental health problems and therefore tried to attack her boyfriend.

However, “both said they were in love and were about to get married, and that they did not want either of them to be charged with a crime,” police officer Daniel Robbins wrote in the report. At the suggestion of the police at the scene, the couple broke up overnight, but Gabrielle was “confused and agitated.”

“After assessing the circumstances, I don’t think the situation has escalated into a level of domestic violence or a mental health crisis,” said Daniel Robbins. Therefore, the police decided that no charges would be brought.

The search for Gabby Petitio is centered in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, the last location a young woman is believed to have visited.

A page has also been created on the GoFundMe platform to help families find, pay investigators, and pay travel expenses. So far, the family has managed to raise more than 20 thousand euros.

The case attracts a lot of media attention in the United States of America because of its contours.

See also  The commander who opened a Twitter account to ask Elon Musk: "Help us get out of Azovstal"
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

World

Russia expels five Portuguese diplomats | War in Ukraine

Published

on

“This morning, the Portuguese Ambassador in Moscow was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, who was informed of the expulsion of five embassy employees who will have to leave Russia within 14 days,” the Portuguese Foreign Ministry said on Thursday. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the report said.

Continue Reading

World

“Ukraine is in for a very unpleasant surprise” — Obozrevatel

Published

on

You have free access to all Observer articles as a subscriber.

It was a quick change. On Monday, Mikhail Kodaryonok, a retired colonel and television commentator, criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin’s military strategy. This Wednesday afternoon, also on Russian state television, the army has completely changed speech, anticipating a “very unpleasant surprise” for Ukraine.

Mikhail Kodarenok mentioned Russian attacks on American howitzers in Ukraine, suggesting that they would remain a target for Russian forces “in the near future.” “They will be searched for, discovered and hit,” the colonel in the reserve assured, adding that soon only “memories” would remain of them.

Assuring that this goal would be “achieved,” the colonel turned to the news of the victories that Ukraine would win over Russian troops.“There are only rumors Indeed, there are even rumors that [a Ucrânia] allegedly has great success in counterattacks, ”said Mikhail Khodarenok, describing these rumors as “inaccurate.”

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

To demonstrate the failure of the Ukrainian forces, a retired colonel recalled the Snake Islands plan. Mikhail Khodarenok noted that Ukraine needed to achieve “air supremacy”, and that “in the coming months” it would be “impossible” for the Ukrainian armed forces to accomplish such a feat.

In addition, in the naval sphere, the official also devalued Ukraine: “They need to achieve superiority at sea,” especially in the Black Sea, which “is out of the question.” “At best, it will take years, if not decades.”

“And therefore, when they talk about the ability of Ukraine to counterattack, this is a big exaggeration,” Mikhail Khodarenok hinted, believing in the success of the Russian offensive. He predicted that “a very unpleasant surprise” awaits Ukraine in the near future.

“As much as we hate to admit it, the whole world is against us.” Retired colonel denounces Putin’s strategy on state television

These statements contrast with those that Mikhail Kodarenok made on Monday: “They [os ucranianos] determined to fight to the last man. Ultimately, victory on the battlefield is determined by the high morale of the personnel.who sheds blood for ideas for which he is ready to fight.

Also on Monday, the retired colonel acknowledged that “the main drawback of the Russian military-political position is that we are, in a sense, in complete geopolitical isolation and that, as much as we hate to admit it, practically the whole world is against us.” . “The situation will frankly worsen,” spoke on Monday, anticipating a scenario with “a million armed Ukrainian soldiers.”

See also  Turkey fights fires for sixth day in a row as thousands continue to evacuate - News
Continue Reading

World

Madrid rejects Russia’s unjustified expulsion of 27 diplomats – columnist

Published

on

The Spanish government has rejected Russia’s decision to expel 27 employees of the Spanish embassy in Moscow, arguing that reciprocity in this case is not justifiedbecause they did not violate the Vienna Convention.

Spain rejects the decision taken today by the Russian Federation to expel a total of 27 employees of the Spanish Embassy in Russia,” the Spanish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Madrid then explains that Russian authorities justify this decision with the principle of “reciprocity” after the expulsion of 27 employees of the Russian embassy in Madrid, notified last April, adding, however, that “the expulsion then accepted by the Spanish authorities was based on duly substantiated security reasons, which do not exist in this case.”

The Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs guarantees that the employees of the embassy in Moscow “always” fully complied with the obligations set forth Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Russia announced this Wednesday that it was expelling 27 Spanish and 24 Italian diplomats in response to similar measures taken by those countries after invading Ukraine.

The announcement of the expulsion of Italians and Spaniards was made by the Russian Foreign Ministry a few minutes after the announcement of the expulsion of 34 French diplomats and a day after the decision to expel two Finnish diplomats was made.

The number of Spanish and Italian diplomats now considered persona non grata it is identical to the Russian diplomats whom the governments of two European countries decided to expel from their countries in April.

See also  Israel approves ceasefire in Gaza - peace

According to Spanish Ambassador to Moscow Marcos Gomez Martinez, who was summoned to the Russian ministry on Wednesday morning, diplomats from the embassy in Moscow and the consulate general in St. Petersburg were sent to Moscow. will have to leave Russia within seven days.

On April 5, the Spanish government decided to expel 27 diplomats and officials from the Russian embassy in Spain as a sign of rejection of the “horrible actions” of the Russian troops, the “escalation of war crimes” and in “protection of security interests.” » Spain.

The Spanish performer did not directly mention the massacre organized by Russian soldiers in the Ukrainian city of Bucha, Kyiv region.

Continue Reading

Trending