Connect with us

World

The Gabby Petito case. Brian Landry set up camp with his family after his girlfriend disappeared

Published

on



Within 10 days of the disappearance of 23-year-old Brian Landry, on the exact date he was identified as a “stakeholder” in the disappearance of his 22-year-old girlfriend Gabby Petito, whose body was later found. that night, the man contacted the police and gave a new version. Bounty hunter Dog, whose real name is Dwayne Chapman, an American television presenter arrested for the murder, explained to authorities that he believed the Landry family had gone to camp at Fort de Soto Camp in Pinellas County, Florida. Police dismissed the complaint, stating that there were no reports of surveillance by anyone, such as a Laundry in the area.

However, Stephen Bertolino, a lawyer representing the Landry family, confirmed on Tuesday that Landry went camping with his parents after returning from a trip he began with his partner last July. Despite this, Bertolino denied that his parents helped him hide, insisting that all three return home. On the other hand, a couple from Fort Myers – Marcy and Kenny Newsom – who were in Fort de Soto Park, speculate that they may have camped near the laundry and her parents during their time there. After examining the photos, the couple said they saw a red van with a trailer, similar to the one parked outside the boy’s house. While they cannot confirm that they saw Landry in person, she appears while walking around the camp in a selfie they have taken.

A week after the discovery of Petito’s corpse, Bertolino said the family did not buy prepaid phones between August 1 and September 20, and rumors circulated online that Landry had already seen buying one of these devices. The lawyer also “does not comment” when asked why it took the family three days to report the child’s disappearance, with the alleged killer’s parents claiming that he left home on September 14 and contacted the authorities on September 17.

See also  Changing of the climate. Hot summer ravages the Mediterranean

The Wyoming rescue team noted this Wednesday that intense coverage of the Gabby Petito case was critical in stopping the search for another missing person. Robert Lowry, a 46-year-old father of two, was last seen on August 20 in a black backpack and tent in Bridger Teton National Forest, exactly where Petito’s remains were found. Yesterday, Teton County security forces confirmed in a statement to the media that a body was found that matched Lowry’s description.

It happened on the same day that Petito’s parents spoke at a press conference in Bohemia, New York, at which they took the opportunity to display tattoos recently made in honor of their daughter. “I want to ask everyone to help all the missing people who need help. It depends on you, everyone in this room, ”said Joseph Petito, adding that“ Gabby is not the only one who deserves it, ”as he looked directly at the cameras.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Luxembourg became the first European country to legalize the production and consumption of cannabis

Published

on

Luxembourg became the first European country to legalize the production and consumption of cannabis after local authorities announced this Friday allowing adults to grow up to four plants in their homes or gardens. With permission, a dramatic shift in the country’s approach to the recreational use and cultivation of cannabis is envisioned in light of the failure of the ban to prevent its use.

Thus, people over 18 years of age can legally grow up to four plants per family for personal use. The seed trade will also be allowed without any restrictions on the amount or levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive ingredient.

There is also an intention to allow domestic seed production for commercial purposes, but plans for a national regulated production and distribution chain have been delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The consumption or transport of cannabis or similar products in public places continues to be prohibited, as is the sale of cannabis or related products other than seeds. Consuming and transporting quantities up to 3 grams will not be considered a crime, but will be classified as a misdemeanor.

Government sources said that the adoption of the law was dictated by the desire to liberalize consumption and cultivation “within its four walls.” According to government sources, a state-regulated production and distribution system must guarantee product quality and sales revenues, which will be invested “mainly in drug prevention, education and health care.”

See also  France renews compulsory vaccination certificate for access to other sectors despite protests - O Jornal Económico
Continue Reading

World

France gives a “fuel check” for 100 euros from December

Published

on

Starting in December, France will provide a one-time € 100 “fuel check” to an estimated 36 million drivers who earn less than € 2,000 a month due to rising diesel and gasoline prices.

The measure, which applies to dependents and independent workers, unemployed job seekers and retirees, was announced on Thursday by Prime Minister Jean Castex, who, in statements broadcast on TF1, said it was “an exceptional response to an exceptional situation.” …

The financial support will be provided only once and will come after growing public discontent with the global energy crisis, as households are still recovering from the economic fallout from the covid-19 pandemic.

In September, the French government pledged € 100 in financial aid to about six million low-income families to help them pay their electricity bills.

Castex announced that the natural gas price freeze will continue until the end of next year.

The fuel issue is particularly acute in France after the emergence of the anti-government yellow vests movement, which began in 2018 with protests against higher fuel taxes.

The protest quickly turned into a general protest against economic injustice, which resulted in weekly, sometimes violent demonstrations.

See also  Belgium. Ambassador lost position after woman hitting salesman
Continue Reading

World

“If I don’t get what I want, I’d rather kill the Americans”: Armed group that kidnapped 17 people in Haiti threatens to start executions

Published

on

In a video released this Thursday, the leader of an armed group that has kidnapped 17 people, mostly missionaries, in Haiti threatens to kill them if the ransom is not paid.

The gang, known as the 400 Mawozo, is holding captive all of the kidnapped people – 16 Americans and one Canadian, including six women and five children. For their release, a ransom of one million dollars (more than 862 thousand euros) was required for each, that is, for a total amount of 17 million dollars (about 15 million euros).

“I swear if I don’t get what I want, I’d rather kill the Americans. I shot everyone in the head, ”said Joseph Wilson, who is considered by the authorities to be the leader of the armed group.

According to the Wall Street Journal, which adds that it has not been able to confirm the video’s authenticity, Joseph appears to be speaking at the funeral of five gang members, whose death he attributed to the person in charge of the police. The funeral took place this Wednesday, and the circumstances of the death are unknown.

“Five soldiers fell, but whoever killed them cannot destroy the army. I’m going to spill blood, ”threatens Wilson Joseph.

The video was filmed less than a week after the kidnapping, which occurred over the weekend as a group of missionaries working for the Christian Relief Ministry were returning from a shelter in Croix-de-Bouquet, about eight miles from the capital, Port-au. -Prince.

Continue Reading

Trending