Connect with us

World

Maduro expects positive results from new talks with opposition

Published

on

President Nicolas Maduro announced today that a delegation representing the government is back in Mexico for a new round of talks with the opposition, confident that new agreements and positive results will materialize.

“Once again, our delegation is arriving in Mexico to continue the day of dialogue with the Venezuelan opposition. In the process of conversation and debate, from which we expect new agreements and positive results for the people of Venezuela, ”wrote Nicolas Maduro on his Twitter account.

The message was accompanied by a photograph of several people descending the plane, including the head of the delegation representing the Venezuelan government, Jorge Rodriguez.

However, the local press published photographs of the arrival in Mexico of seven of the nine members of the government delegation holding posters with a photograph of businessman Alex Saab, who is considered to be the front person of Nicolas Maduro.

The arrival comes after the United Platform of Venezuela (PUV) announced that it is in Mexico awaiting a delegation representing Nicolas Maduro for a new round of talks, which was to begin Friday.

“Given the absence of a regime delegation, the PUV delegation reaffirms its commitment to moving forward in this process, always within the framework of the rules previously agreed upon in the Memorandum of Understanding,” signed jointly, the statement said.

In the document, the opposition explains that it is in Mexico that “is promoting the Constitution of the Bureau of Social Assistance to promote programs for baby nutrition, transplantation and vaccination, among others equally important.”

“We are here to open a discussion about building a justice system. Venezuela is a country where the judicial system has been hijacked, prosecuted and arrested for dissidents, and fostered impunity. Its restoration is a fundamental requirement for the restoration of our rights, the return of the right to elect to the Venezuelans and the restoration of democracy, which is our main goal, ”the document says.

See also  Another Russian oligarch has died. Alexander Subbotin, energy tycoon, found dead by shamans after cure for hangover – Observer

The government, chaired by Nicolas Maduro and the Venezuelan opposition, allied with former Speaker of Parliament Juan Guaido, planned to resume the third round of talks in Mexico on Friday, the first after Caracas announced that businessman Alex Saab is being held in prison. Cape Verde, awaiting extradition to the United States, will be included as a “full member” of the delegation representing the government of Nicolas Maduro.

Between 13 and 16 August, the Venezuelan government and the opposition held the first round of talks in Mexico, which culminated in the signing of an agreement expressing the intention to reach agreement on the “necessary conditions” for elections in accordance with the Constitution, understanding that international sanctions must be lifted. “

In the second round of negotiations, which took place from September 3 to 6, two agreements were signed to protect sovereignty and free up resources to counter the crisis and pandemic.

On September 14, Jorge Rodriguez, representing President Nicolas Maduro, announced the inclusion of businessman Alex Saab as a “full member” of the government’s negotiating delegation.

Alex Saab, 49, from Colombia, who is believed to be a front man for Nicolas Maduro, was detained by Interpol and the Cape Verdean authorities on June 12, 2020, during a technical stop at Amilcar Cabral International Airport on Sal Island.

The arrest was based on an international arrest warrant issued by the United States when Saab was traveling to Iran on behalf of Venezuela as a “special envoy” and with a diplomatic passport.

Washington is demanding his extradition, accusing him of laundering $ 350 million (€ 295 million) to pay for the corrupt actions of the Venezuelan president through the US financial system.

See also  Xi Jinping Warns Asia Pacific Against "Return to Cold War Confrontation"

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

World

Russia expels five Portuguese diplomats | War in Ukraine

Published

on

“This morning, the Portuguese Ambassador in Moscow was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, who was informed of the expulsion of five embassy employees who will have to leave Russia within 14 days,” the Portuguese Foreign Ministry said on Thursday. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the report said.

Continue Reading

World

“Ukraine is in for a very unpleasant surprise” — Obozrevatel

Published

on

You have free access to all Observer articles as a subscriber.

It was a quick change. On Monday, Mikhail Kodaryonok, a retired colonel and television commentator, criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin’s military strategy. This Wednesday afternoon, also on Russian state television, the army has completely changed speech, anticipating a “very unpleasant surprise” for Ukraine.

Mikhail Kodarenok mentioned Russian attacks on American howitzers in Ukraine, suggesting that they would remain a target for Russian forces “in the near future.” “They will be searched for, discovered and hit,” the colonel in the reserve assured, adding that soon only “memories” would remain of them.

Assuring that this goal would be “achieved,” the colonel turned to the news of the victories that Ukraine would win over Russian troops.“There are only rumors Indeed, there are even rumors that [a Ucrânia] allegedly has great success in counterattacks, ”said Mikhail Khodarenok, describing these rumors as “inaccurate.”

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

To demonstrate the failure of the Ukrainian forces, a retired colonel recalled the Snake Islands plan. Mikhail Khodarenok noted that Ukraine needed to achieve “air supremacy”, and that “in the coming months” it would be “impossible” for the Ukrainian armed forces to accomplish such a feat.

In addition, in the naval sphere, the official also devalued Ukraine: “They need to achieve superiority at sea,” especially in the Black Sea, which “is out of the question.” “At best, it will take years, if not decades.”

“And therefore, when they talk about the ability of Ukraine to counterattack, this is a big exaggeration,” Mikhail Khodarenok hinted, believing in the success of the Russian offensive. He predicted that “a very unpleasant surprise” awaits Ukraine in the near future.

“As much as we hate to admit it, the whole world is against us.” Retired colonel denounces Putin’s strategy on state television

These statements contrast with those that Mikhail Kodarenok made on Monday: “They [os ucranianos] determined to fight to the last man. Ultimately, victory on the battlefield is determined by the high morale of the personnel.who sheds blood for ideas for which he is ready to fight.

Also on Monday, the retired colonel acknowledged that “the main drawback of the Russian military-political position is that we are, in a sense, in complete geopolitical isolation and that, as much as we hate to admit it, practically the whole world is against us.” . “The situation will frankly worsen,” spoke on Monday, anticipating a scenario with “a million armed Ukrainian soldiers.”

See also  Who is Lazaro Barbosa, the man who killed, raped, shot the police and caused panic in Brazil - world
Continue Reading

World

Madrid rejects Russia’s unjustified expulsion of 27 diplomats – columnist

Published

on

The Spanish government has rejected Russia’s decision to expel 27 employees of the Spanish embassy in Moscow, arguing that reciprocity in this case is not justifiedbecause they did not violate the Vienna Convention.

Spain rejects the decision taken today by the Russian Federation to expel a total of 27 employees of the Spanish Embassy in Russia,” the Spanish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Madrid then explains that Russian authorities justify this decision with the principle of “reciprocity” after the expulsion of 27 employees of the Russian embassy in Madrid, notified last April, adding, however, that “the expulsion then accepted by the Spanish authorities was based on duly substantiated security reasons, which do not exist in this case.”

The Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs guarantees that the employees of the embassy in Moscow “always” fully complied with the obligations set forth Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Russia announced this Wednesday that it was expelling 27 Spanish and 24 Italian diplomats in response to similar measures taken by those countries after invading Ukraine.

The announcement of the expulsion of Italians and Spaniards was made by the Russian Foreign Ministry a few minutes after the announcement of the expulsion of 34 French diplomats and a day after the decision to expel two Finnish diplomats was made.

The number of Spanish and Italian diplomats now considered persona non grata it is identical to the Russian diplomats whom the governments of two European countries decided to expel from their countries in April.

See also  Who is Lazaro Barbosa, the man who killed, raped, shot the police and caused panic in Brazil - world

According to Spanish Ambassador to Moscow Marcos Gomez Martinez, who was summoned to the Russian ministry on Wednesday morning, diplomats from the embassy in Moscow and the consulate general in St. Petersburg were sent to Moscow. will have to leave Russia within seven days.

On April 5, the Spanish government decided to expel 27 diplomats and officials from the Russian embassy in Spain as a sign of rejection of the “horrible actions” of the Russian troops, the “escalation of war crimes” and in “protection of security interests.” » Spain.

The Spanish performer did not directly mention the massacre organized by Russian soldiers in the Ukrainian city of Bucha, Kyiv region.

Continue Reading

Trending