Connect with us

World

Lawyer: insurance company forced doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine

Published

on

Attorney Bruna Morato, a spokeswoman for 12 doctors who worked for a Brazilian insurance company, said the specialists were required to prescribe drugs such as hydroxychloroquine to patients with COVID-19.

Bruna Morato was heard on Tuesday by the Parliamentary Commission of Inquiry (CPI), which is investigating the alleged setbacks and omissions made by the Brazilian government in its fight against the pandemic.

The lawyer is a representative of doctors who worked for the insurance company Prevent Senior and prepared a dossier – already delivered to CPI – with several complaints about irregular treatment in a company of covid-19 patients.

Bruna Morato, who was listened to for eight hours, stated that the said doctors did not have autonomy and that the infected patients were receiving a “prescription covid” kit for the disease, consisting of drugs against which there was no proven efficacy. covid.19 as hydroxychloroquine.

The lawyer said that professionals received threats and this “covid kit” was distributed even to patients with concomitant diseases.

According to Bruna Morato, there were no preliminary examse.g. cardiac tests, before delivery of kits, which have also been shipped as “present” recipients of the health plan.

“It is also very important to note that when the doctor wanted to take [algum fármaco] kit, even if it is crossed out in the prescription, the patient received it completely. So, I had the information that I needed to take these medications, and the doctor crossed it out because the prescription was also ready. It even came with an instruction manual, ”the Brazilian said.

See also  US intel organizations obtain Wuhan officials held Beijing in the dim for months about coronavirus

According to the lawyer, doctors who opposed the appointment The “early treatment” was harassed, for example, “reduced shifts” or the Prevent Senior was fired.

Bruna Morato also announced the alleged pact of the Prevent Senior with the Brazilian Ministry of Economy to confirm the call. ‘Early treatment’ as a way to avoid coercive containment which, according to the government, will have devastating consequences for the country’s economy.

According to CPI senators, this revelation strengthens the role of the so-called “parallel cabinet” in the federal government in defending measures without scientific evidence regarding the pandemic.

“What happened in Brazil was a criminal act during a pandemic. The Prevent Senior received permission from the government to murder, ”said Senator Rogerio Carvalho, in turn.

The charges against the insurance company began in April, when doctors working on the front line against covid-19 at the company reported constant harassment due to prescribing drugs that were not proven to be effective, which could worsen the health of patients. such as flutamide, chloroquine, azithromycin and ivermectin.

In addition, a post from the Globo network states that Senior prophylactic hid patient deaths which were used as guinea pigs in a study to test the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine associated with azithromycin for the treatment of covid-19,

The study was published and approved by Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro as an example of the successful use of hydroxychloroquine.

After the lawyer said that she feared for her immunity, and said that her office had already been invaded, Senator Randolph Rodriguez asked the federal police to ensure the safety of the witness.

See also  In Japan, third person dies after suspected infection with Moderna vaccine - News

Brazil is the Portuguese-speaking country hardest hit by the pandemic and one of the hardest hit in the world, with a total of 595,446 deaths and 21.3 million infections due to the novel coronavirus.

Covid-19 has caused at least 4,752,875 worldwide deaths out of the 232.27 million new coronavirus infections reported since the start of the pandemic, according to the latest report from France-Presse.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Photographs of a Ukrainian soldier before and after four months in Russian captivity – Obozrevatel

Published

on

Follow our live blog wars in Ukraine.

With disheveled hair, a beard and a hand tied to his chest, visibly tired, but with a slight smile on his face. This is how Mikhail Dianov appeared in a photo taken in May at the Azovstal plant, at that time the last point of Ukrainian resistance in the port city of Mariupol. A picture released on Monday shows another man after several months in Russian captivity.

Dianov, 42, was one of the liberated Ukrainians. exchange of prisoners of war between Ukraine and Russia. After the battle to defend the Azovstal complex, he was one of the soldiers taken prisoner by Russian troops. Images now used by various international media shows one before and one after four months of his detention.

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

In photographs taken after being discharged from a hospital in Chernihiv, Dianov appears rather thin, with scars and bruises, and his right arm is deformed. He has since been transferred to a military hospital in Kyiv, where he long term treatment required.

See also  Hungary insists in Brazil that sanctions against Russia 'do not work'

According to him, the soldier, wounded during the defense of Mariupol, did not receive the necessary medical care while in captivity. Ukrainian Pravda her sister Alena Lavrushko. “He has a problem with his arm, maybe an abscess. He needs to have an operation to insert a plate into the bone, because there is not enough 4 centimeters of bone and all this needs to be corrected, ”he explained.

They removed the object stuck in his hand, without anesthesia, without anything, with rusty pliers, ”he said.

At this point, the soldier still cannot be operated on and needs to put on weight first, losing 30% of his normal weight. “The physical condition is difficult, but mentally Mikhail is very strong. He is very happy to be back,” the sister added.

On Wednesday, Kyiv and Moscow exchanged 271 prisoners of war, including former deputy and Putin ally Viktor Medvedchuk, five Azovstal commanders and 10 foreign soldiers who fought on the side of Ukrainian forces.

Medvedchuk, Azovstal commanders and 10 foreigners: Russia and Ukraine exchange prisoners

Since then, there have been reports of lack of conditions, as well as abuse and torture. Sean Pinner, 48, says he was stabbed, electrocuted and beaten daily. “The man put a gun to the back of my head, loaded it and said: “Now you will die.” I thought I was finished, then he started laughing and said he was joking… Then he started beating me,” said the British soldier. Aiden Aslin, 28, said he was “treated worse than a dog” during his five months in solitary confinement.

‘I never want to hear ABBA songs again’ British soldier reveals he was tortured by Russians

Continue Reading

World

Cannabis supporter, porn actor and former clown among candidates in Brazil elections – News

Published

on

A week before the first round of elections in Brazil, federal candidate Dario, who intends to represent the voters of the state of Minas Gerais, posted a video on the social network Tik Tok in which he dances in support of the legalization of cannabis (marijuana). ).

“The bull, the bullet and the Bible, it only embarrasses us, now we want to see a marijuana shop,” says the refrain of a parody in which the candidate of the Party and Socialism and Freedom (Psol) appears dancing with other people, originally published on Tik Tok. but which went viral on other platforms and social networks used in the country.

The success of the candidate’s campaign for the decriminalization of marijuana – in Brazil this drug is completely prohibited – was so great that the comedian, writer and actor Gregorio Duvivier released a video asking him to vote: unity around Darius.

Among the 10,629 federal candidates registered with the Supreme Electoral Court (TSE), the former porn actor known as Kid Bengala, who is running for a Congressional seat from União Brasil to represent the population of the state of São Paulo, has also taken notice.

In his campaign videos, the actor assures that he “can’t take this wrinkled Congress any longer” and that “it’s time to make Brazil grow.”

“I decided to innovate to end this mess. I agree with everything,” Kid Bengala says in a video on his TikTok channel, which has almost two million followers.

An old acquaintance of the Brazilian public, MP and former clown Tiririca is trying to run for a fourth term in Congress from Sao Paulo from the Liberal Party (PL).

See also  In Japan, third person dies after suspected infection with Moderna vaccine - News

Tiririka, who in 2010 became the country’s most popular MP, this time appears dancing in an election video in which he addresses his electorate by saying, “Vote for me, you moron!”

In October, Brazil will elect the next president, 27 state governors, 513 federal deputies, 27 senators and hundreds of parliamentarians who will form part of the state assemblies.

In the presidential elections in Brazil, the first round is scheduled for October 2, and the second, if necessary, for October 30.

Ten candidates are running in the Brazilian presidential election: Jair Bolsonaro, Luis Inacio Lula da Silva, Ciro Gomez, Simone Tebet, Luis Felipe D’Avila, Soraya Tronicke, Eimael, Leonardo Pericle, Sofia Manzano and Vera Lucia.

Continue Reading

World

Italy’s exit forecasts bring right-wing coalition victory

Published

on

Exit forecasts in Italy point to a right-wing coalition victory, with Georgia Meloni’s far-right Fratelli d’Italia (Brothers of Italy) party winning the most votes.

If the victory is confirmed, it will be the first time that the Italian government has far-right members. In addition, this may be the first time that a woman has headed the Italian government.

Operating Systems first official results legislation should only be known this Monday morning.

[Última atualização às 23:55 de 25-09-2022]

Due to partisan dispersion, no party can get a majority enough to govern alone.

The right has reached a coalition deal that could bring Meloni to power, along with former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s conservative Forza Italia party and Matteo Salvini’s Anti-Immigration Liga.

According to the first predictions the second place was taken by the Democratic PartyEnrico Letta, with 17% against 21% of the vote.

Predictions of party results:

  • Siblings from Italy: 22% to 26%
  • Democratic Party: 17% to 21%
  • Five Star Movement: 13.5% to 17.5%
  • Northern League: from 8.5% to 12.5%
  • Share – Viva Italy: from 6.5% to 8.5%
  • Italian Strength: 6% to 8%
  • Left/Green Alliance: 3% to 5%
  • + Europe: 2.5% and 4.5%
  • Italevit: 0.5% and 2.5%
  • We Moderates: 0.5% to 2.5%
  • Democratic Center: 0% to 2%
  • Others: 4% to 6%

Forecasts of coalition results:

  • Centre-Right: 41%-45%
  • Left Center: 25.5%-29.5%
  • 5 stars Movement: 13.5%-17.5%

Number of abstentions

According to the Ministry of the Interior, at 23:00, when the polls closed in Italy, the turnout was 64%, which means the level about 36% abstained. If these values ​​are confirmed, it will be an increase of nine percentage points compared to 2018.

See also  Ghani Baradar, co-founder of the Taliban, returns to the country - News

Seats in the Senate

A centre-right coalition is preparing to take control of the Italian Senate after the general election. providing from 111 to 131 seats in the Upper House.

The centre-left should have 33 to 53 senators, the 5 Star Movement (M5S) 14 to 34, and the third centrist pole Azione-Italia Viva four to 12 seats, according to an exit poll cited by ANSA.

More than 50 million Italians were called to vote in this legislative election.

Continue Reading

Trending