Connect with us

entertainment

World cinema shines again in Cannes with star showers and tributes to Jodie Foster – News

Published

on

World cinema shines again in Cannes with star showers and tributes to Jodie Foster - News

The health crisis has forced the cancellation of the 2020 event, and the event will take place two months later than usual, as organizers refused to host it online, as other major festivals, including the Berlinale, have done.

Americans Anderson and Penn enter the main competition alongside other great regular Croisette directors such as Dutchman Paul Verhoeven, Iranian Asghar Farhadi, Italian Nanni Moretti and Thai Apichatpong Weerasetakul. The latter two already have a Palme d’Or, as does the Frenchman Jacques Audiar.

The highest prize will be presented on July 17 by a jury chaired by American director Spike Lee, the first African American to take on the role.

Adam Driver and Marion Cotillard will open the festival with the musical Annette, the first English-language film by Frenchman Leos Carax (Lovers of Pont Neuf), whose script and music is the work of the North American band Sparks.

It is Anderson who will bring the largest star cast to the French Mailing List: Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Lea Seydoux, Adrienne Brody, Benicio del Toro and Tilda Swinton star in a film filmed in southwestern France.

FRENCH SEND (24 Jul – 15 Oct) “data-title =” FRENCH SEND (24 Jul – 15 Oct) – Cannes Cinema will shine again in Cannes with Star Showers and Tribute to Jodie Foster – SAPO Mag “>

Swinton also takes part in Virasetakula’s “Memoria”, a film filmed in Colombia in the 1970s and 1980s, marked by the struggle between the Marxist guerrillas of the then Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) and paramilitary groups.

Verhoeven (Fatal Instinct), prone to sexual and violent subjects, will present Benedetta, a portrait of a 15th century homosexual nun based on real facts.

Jodie Foster, Palm of Honor

Of the 24 controversial films, four were directed by women, including Frenchwoman Catherine Corsini.

“I am the first to think that this is not enough,” the festival’s general delegate, Thierry Fremault, told AFP. But “if we hesitate between two films and one of them is directed by a woman, we will choose the last one,” he added.

On the contrary, they constitute the majority of the jury (five women and four men). It includes American actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, as well as Brazilian director Kleber Mendonsa Filho (Bakurau) and South Korean actor Song Kang-ho, star of Parasitas, who won the Palme d’Or last year. edition.

Also noted will be Jodie Foster’s award of the Palm of Honor, 45 years after she first set foot in Cannes with Taxi Driver.

The competition will also feature Oliver Stone’s latest production (A New Look at John F. Kennedy: Through the Looking Glass) and Charlotte Gainsbourg’s first directorial work about her mother, Jane Birkin.

At the parallel exhibition Um Certo Olhar, the highlight is the Noche de fuego by the Mexican Tatiana Huezo, and among the special sessions is the O Marinheiro das Montanhas by the Brazilian Karim Ainoz, awarded in 2019 in Cannes for the Invisible Life by Eurídice Gusmão.

While the festival tends to attract Latin American personalities, especially Mexican ones such as Alfonso Cuarón, Guillermo del Toro and Gael García Bernal, his presence will be modest this year, although Argentine director Gaspar Noé, who lives in France, and Mexican actress Monica del Carmen is quite expected …

Cannes will be the first major festival since the start of the pandemic to not limit exhibition space, but require proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test every 48 hours.

“The organization and essence of a normal publication,” Fremo said. The official also warned that there would be no kissing on the red carpet and that movie promotion parties as iconic as the festival itself would be even more exclusive with a very limited number of guests.

See also  Milos Raonic Snaps 8-Match Shedding Streak From Andy Murray | ATP Tour
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

entertainment

Susana Vieira talks about her five ex-husbands: “They were terrible, almost all of them”

Published

on

Susana Vieira talks about her five ex-husbands: "They were terrible, almost all of them"

Susana Vieira she has always been a straightforward and silent woman. This Tuesday, May 17, was no exception. The Brazilian actress participated in the SIC program, Happy Houseon the occasion of the 60th anniversary of her career, and ended with a conversation about her ex-husbands.

“I will say everything, but without naming names. I fear censorship or prosecution. I don’t say the names of the husbands, but I say that they were terrible, almost all of them. 5!started by saying Diana Chavez and Joao Bayan.

“I don’t know if it was a Brazilian, I don’t know if it was me, I don’t know if they came for Susanna Vieira thinking I had a safe. I just know that I had a lot of problems.”continuation.

Despite this, Susana Vieira did not close the door to love. “I have always been in love. Nothing hurt me.”he said.

“I was always a little afraid of the figure of a man in the house, because I had a very strict father with my mother and with us. I was afraid. So I always said little by little what I didn’t like, and it took them years to leave home… Because it’s very nice to be married and have nothing to do with your wife, and then out of the house. That was not easy. Other current ones were easier.”he concluded.

AT 79 SUSANA VIYA RADICALLY CHANGED THE VISUAL: “STRONG WOMAN”

Remember that Susana Vieira was married to Regis Cardoso, Rubens of Falco, Marcelo Silva, Carson Gardeazabal e Sandro Pedroso. The 79-year-old actress has a son: Rodrigofruit of the first marriage.

See also  Vibration State Map Tapers, But Biden Still Leads Trump: NPR

Continue Reading

entertainment

All about the end of SIC ‘Casados’ and Dina’s departure – Nacional

Published

on

All about the end of SIC 'Casados' and Dina's departure - Nacional

This edition SIC Married at First Sight Program led by Diana Chavez was the scene of much controversy. OUR the end of the reality show at the Paso de Arcos station is approaching and there are many failures that happen until the last minutes.

The experience was different for all couples, hence the success of the marriage in some cases, but not so much in others. It was the case Wikaa and Doina, who will give up the experience early.

Although they tried to mend their marriage, both realized that they were very different and that they could not overcome those differences. They come to the conclusion that it is better to go in different directions. OUR the same thing happens with Cristina and Luis Filipe that since they got married they don’t understand each other, which ends couple leaving last week.

There are three couples left for the last week of the program, which will be at the “Renewal Ceremony”.in which they decide to stay together, renewing their marriage vows, or break up. It is reported by TV Mays. Ruth and Bruno, Bruno and Ines are the only pairs on which the experts put the right bet. and who decides to stay in the relationship.

Already Dulce and João do not renew their vows, deciding to divorce.. It was on Ajuda Botanical Garden with the presence of Diana Chavez it took place at this last ceremony where the future of these three couples was decided.

The “Renewal Ceremony” was the moment when the couples saw each other again, but in addition to this moment, a dinner was planned with all the couples participating in this edition. Dina decided not to attend this last meeting..

See also  Strictly Come Dancing 2020 Announces First Three Celebrities

“I have an old maxim: we should only return to where we were happy”, — Dina wrote on Instagram, confirming her absence. After all the confusion and sadness that she experienced in this program, the woman from Braga did not attend the dinner so as not to see her ex-husband Thiago Haqueta, after cheating in Cape Verde in the midst of her honeymoon with the Russian Anna Cherepanova.

Who is Anna Cherepanova, the Russian that Tiago fell in love with during their honeymoon with Dina?

like it





Continue Reading

entertainment

“It could be better… There’s nothing to gain from this…”

Published

on

"It could be better... There's nothing to gain from this..."

Judith Sousa didn’t like that a recent interview she did with Manuel Luis Gouche on TVI was featured in the “Extremely Unpleasant” section of Rádio Renascença.

Joana Marquez joked about the journalist’s interview, and Judit Souza later reacted on social media: “In my interview with Manuel Luis Gusha, 90 percent of the time they talked about my son, about my grieving process, with evidence I didn’t expect. There was no mention of any settlement in the municipality of Oeiras.”started by writing a brief for CNN Portugal.

“Manuel Luis mentioned my unique career. Want to like. Whether they don’t like it. There will be a day; a day when some “people” will have to meet me face to face. It could be in Lisbon or any other part of the world. But it will happen. I promise you. To my dead son concluded Judith Souza. Later, the journalist responded to a comment where she starred: “No clowning with my son!”

Joana Marquez responded to Judith Souza’s “threats” on “Extremely Nasty” on Monday, May 16: “You know, I backed up my insurance a lot over the weekend… When I found out that Judith Souza doesn’t like Extremely Unpleasant at all, so now I’m ready to accept whatever happens,” start with an explanation. “So if Judith does something to me, each of you will win 1 million euros,” still shot.

Carlos Diaz da Silva commented on the controversy in this week’s Nova Gente issue and ended up giving Judith Souza some advice: “Controversy with Joana Marquez, who, after all, plays with everyone, does not help at this stage. Judith must be above some things. Can not. You won’t get anything from it.” can be read.

See also  Milos Raonic Snaps 8-Match Shedding Streak From Andy Murray | ATP Tour

Continue Reading

Trending