Connect with us

entertainment

Former producer Harvey Weinstein relocates to Los Angeles, where he faces new sex crime charges

Published

on

Former producer Harvey Weinstein relocates to Los Angeles, where he faces new sex crime charges

Former film producer Harvey Weinstein, who has been serving a 23-year prison sentence in New York City for sexual assault since last year, is heading to Los Angeles on Tuesday (20), where he will have to answer for other alleged crimes in a second trial.

The former almighty Hollywood producer, whose fall is considered a major victory for the #MeToo movement, is accused in California of rape and sexual assault against five women. He faces up to 140 years in prison, outside of New York.

Weinstein, 69, left Wende Prison in upstate New York shortly before 9:30 am (2:30 pm in Lisbon) and was handed over to “the competent authorities for transfer to California,” a spokesman said. York Prison Authorities Statement.

“Harvey Weinstein was taken to Los Angeles today. After undergoing a medical examination, he will be detained by the district police, ”the city police of this city shared on social networks.

His lawyers objected to this transfer for weeks, mostly for medical reasons. But Judge Kenneth Keyes dismissed his arguments and gave the green light to his extradition to Los Angeles on June 15.

“We’re disappointed,” a Weinstein spokesman told Agence France-Press, assuring that he will continue to fight to ensure that the former producer “gets medical attention and of course, to be treated fairly.”

California law requires litigation to begin within 120 days of the handover, which is mid-November.

Accustomed to big awards ceremonies and parties, Weinstein is accused in Los Angeles of raping an Italian model at a Beverly Hills hotel in February 2013 and raping up-and-coming actress Lauren Young in her bathroom. Another hotel.

See also  Gala dos Sonhos: a night of love and hope with Sara Carreira (always) in the heart - Showbiz

The former film producer denies all accusations in both Los Angeles and New York, arguing that the relationship has always been mutual.

In early April, he formally challenged New York’s 2020 rape and sexual assault conviction following a media trial in Manhattan that was deemed a victory for the #MeToo global movement against sexual violence and abuse of power.

In total, about 90 women accused him of harassment or sexual harassment.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

entertainment

Susana Vieira talks about her five ex-husbands: “They were terrible, almost all of them”

Published

on

Susana Vieira talks about her five ex-husbands: "They were terrible, almost all of them"

Susana Vieira she has always been a straightforward and silent woman. This Tuesday, May 17, was no exception. The Brazilian actress participated in the SIC program, Happy Houseon the occasion of the 60th anniversary of her career, and ended with a conversation about her ex-husbands.

“I will say everything, but without naming names. I fear censorship or prosecution. I don’t say the names of the husbands, but I say that they were terrible, almost all of them. 5!started by saying Diana Chavez and Joao Bayan.

“I don’t know if it was a Brazilian, I don’t know if it was me, I don’t know if they came for Susanna Vieira thinking I had a safe. I just know that I had a lot of problems.”continuation.

Despite this, Susana Vieira did not close the door to love. “I have always been in love. Nothing hurt me.”he said.

“I was always a little afraid of the figure of a man in the house, because I had a very strict father with my mother and with us. I was afraid. So I always said little by little what I didn’t like, and it took them years to leave home… Because it’s very nice to be married and have nothing to do with your wife, and then out of the house. That was not easy. Other current ones were easier.”he concluded.

AT 79 SUSANA VIYA RADICALLY CHANGED THE VISUAL: “STRONG WOMAN”

Remember that Susana Vieira was married to Regis Cardoso, Rubens of Falco, Marcelo Silva, Carson Gardeazabal e Sandro Pedroso. The 79-year-old actress has a son: Rodrigofruit of the first marriage.

See also  Herman José goes to SIC and sends the mouth of Maria Botelho Moniz: “It's okay to finish” - Nacional

Continue Reading

entertainment

All about the end of SIC ‘Casados’ and Dina’s departure – Nacional

Published

on

All about the end of SIC 'Casados' and Dina's departure - Nacional

This edition SIC Married at First Sight Program led by Diana Chavez was the scene of much controversy. OUR the end of the reality show at the Paso de Arcos station is approaching and there are many failures that happen until the last minutes.

The experience was different for all couples, hence the success of the marriage in some cases, but not so much in others. It was the case Wikaa and Doina, who will give up the experience early.

Although they tried to mend their marriage, both realized that they were very different and that they could not overcome those differences. They come to the conclusion that it is better to go in different directions. OUR the same thing happens with Cristina and Luis Filipe that since they got married they don’t understand each other, which ends couple leaving last week.

There are three couples left for the last week of the program, which will be at the “Renewal Ceremony”.in which they decide to stay together, renewing their marriage vows, or break up. It is reported by TV Mays. Ruth and Bruno, Bruno and Ines are the only pairs on which the experts put the right bet. and who decides to stay in the relationship.

Already Dulce and João do not renew their vows, deciding to divorce.. It was on Ajuda Botanical Garden with the presence of Diana Chavez it took place at this last ceremony where the future of these three couples was decided.

The “Renewal Ceremony” was the moment when the couples saw each other again, but in addition to this moment, a dinner was planned with all the couples participating in this edition. Dina decided not to attend this last meeting..

See also  The widower of Maria João Abreu talks about the hard days without the love of his life

“I have an old maxim: we should only return to where we were happy”, — Dina wrote on Instagram, confirming her absence. After all the confusion and sadness that she experienced in this program, the woman from Braga did not attend the dinner so as not to see her ex-husband Thiago Haqueta, after cheating in Cape Verde in the midst of her honeymoon with the Russian Anna Cherepanova.

Who is Anna Cherepanova, the Russian that Tiago fell in love with during their honeymoon with Dina?

like it





Continue Reading

entertainment

“It could be better… There’s nothing to gain from this…”

Published

on

"It could be better... There's nothing to gain from this..."

Judith Sousa didn’t like that a recent interview she did with Manuel Luis Gouche on TVI was featured in the “Extremely Unpleasant” section of Rádio Renascença.

Joana Marquez joked about the journalist’s interview, and Judit Souza later reacted on social media: “In my interview with Manuel Luis Gusha, 90 percent of the time they talked about my son, about my grieving process, with evidence I didn’t expect. There was no mention of any settlement in the municipality of Oeiras.”started by writing a brief for CNN Portugal.

“Manuel Luis mentioned my unique career. Want to like. Whether they don’t like it. There will be a day; a day when some “people” will have to meet me face to face. It could be in Lisbon or any other part of the world. But it will happen. I promise you. To my dead son concluded Judith Souza. Later, the journalist responded to a comment where she starred: “No clowning with my son!”

Joana Marquez responded to Judith Souza’s “threats” on “Extremely Nasty” on Monday, May 16: “You know, I backed up my insurance a lot over the weekend… When I found out that Judith Souza doesn’t like Extremely Unpleasant at all, so now I’m ready to accept whatever happens,” start with an explanation. “So if Judith does something to me, each of you will win 1 million euros,” still shot.

Carlos Diaz da Silva commented on the controversy in this week’s Nova Gente issue and ended up giving Judith Souza some advice: “Controversy with Joana Marquez, who, after all, plays with everyone, does not help at this stage. Judith must be above some things. Can not. You won’t get anything from it.” can be read.

See also  Critics follow one another. Carlos Cruz is unforgiving with Big Brother. Former TV host leaves no stone unturned - National

Continue Reading

Trending