Connect with us

Top News

Portuguese government “hasn’t lost interest” in Morocco’s submarine cable – O Jornal Económico

Published

on

Cartaz de Vladimiro Feliz

In an interview with the Lusa news agency, answering a question about the status of the proposal submitted in 2016, João Pedro Matos Fernandez assured that “the Portuguese state has not lost interest in this project.”

The submarine cable connecting the Algarve to North Africa has an estimated cost of between 600 and 700 million euros, and a feasibility study was carried out by REN – Redes Energéticas Nacionais and its Moroccan partner. presented in early 2019, but the conclusions of which are not yet known.

On May 24, Jornal Económico stated that, according to an official REN source, “the topic has been analyzed, in some circumstances it may make sense, but there are no plans to carry it out at this time.”

The Minister of the Environment told Luce that the study was being completed and that “things are not going slowly on the Portuguese side.”

“It is a fact that the deadlines have already passed, but we are doing everything right. There has been some hesitation on the Moroccan side, but the study is progressing, ”said a government official without risking a new date for its completion.

Matos Fernandez stressed the importance of interconnection in a world that will increasingly use renewable sources for electricity generation.

“We are well aware of the importance of storage and therefore the importance of renewable gases, but not only lithium batteries, to create the same storage, but we want to encourage as many interconnections as possible, and from Portugal it is easy to see that it is Spain or Morocco”, – he added.

See also  The University of Minnesota limits relations with the Minneapolis police

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Parties vote against free Portuguese language education abroad | Assembly of the Republic

Published

on

Parties vote against free Portuguese language education abroad |  Assembly of the Republic

The diplomas voted this Friday in the Assembly of the Republic, which offered free teaching of the Portuguese language abroad, were rejected: the Socialist Party voted against and the PSD, among others, abstained.

Continue Reading

Top News

The Portuguese player who stole the CR7 stage in the Cup is married to the first girl he met in high school

Published

on

Portugal international Bruno Fernandez rose to prominence during the World Cup in Qatar. The star, who also plays for England’s Manchester United, scored one more goal than Cristiano Ronaldo and played a crucial role in securing Portugal a place in the round of 16.

At the age of 28, the Portuguese has a very quiet personal life and is the father of two children. The star married in 2015, when he was 21, the first and only girl in his life, the Portuguese Ana Piño.

Adult film muse Elisa Sanchez poses with her body painted at a rehearsal for the World Cup.

Bruno Fernandes and Ana Pinho Photo: reproduction / Instagram

Bruno and Ana’s love story began in Porto, Portugal. They met at the school where they studied together, started dating and since then have not parted.

At the beginning of the relationship, Bruno played for the Portuguese club Boavista, so he easily managed to be with Ana and train.

When the player needed to move to Italy to improve his career, Ana supported the star and two years later she was asked to marry him.

They married at the end of 2015, and in 2017 they had Matilda Fernandez, the couple’s first daughter. Three years later, in 2020, Goncalo Fernandes was born, who completed the team of football fans played by Bruno.

Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes Photo: reproduction / Instagram
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes Photo: reproduction / Instagram

Ana, Mathilde and Gonzalo are always present in the Portuguese games, which is very important in raising children.

Bruno Fernandes and family
Bruno Fernandes and family Photo: Reproduction / Instagram

Last Monday, when he scored two goals for Portugal, Bruno revealed during an interview that the kids predicted his performance against Uruguay. The children were optimistic. Woman, not so much.

See also  Zoom activist account suspended, citing Chinese request

“Before the game, my children said that I would score two goals. Mother even thought it was an exaggeration, maybe now she doesn’t think it’s so exaggerated, ”Bruno joked.

Continue Reading

Top News

“Now you die, I’ll burn everything.” Portuguese man arrested in Spain suspected of setting wife on fire – Observer

Published

on

"Now you die, I'll burn everything."  Portuguese man arrested in Spain suspected of setting wife on fire - Observer

Catalan justice has ordered the preventive detention of a man of Portuguese nationality for allegedly burning a 48-year-old woman alive. The suspect doused his companion with alcohol with rosemary and acetone, set fire to the house in which he lived in Lleida, while telling her: “Now you will die, I will burn everything.”

According to El Periodico, the 39-year-old man was detained on Monday, while a companion was rushed to the burn unit of the Hospital de la Vall d’Hebron, where she still has burns over 18% of her body.

or country Details that, in addition to trying to burn her, the man tried to strangle her. According to the indictment seen by the same newspaper, the victim went to bed around 11:00 pm, and the partner was still at home. Shortly after that, he left, and when he returned, he began to poke something in the woman’s face. “I will kill you,” I told him.

Companion managed to get out of bed, but the alleged intruder splashed acetone in his face. It was there that the man allegedly set fire to the house and tried to strangle her. The woman ran away, but she was pulled when she went down the stairs: “Let’s go, I’m on fire too.”

The building where the couple lived was destroyed by fire. However, the man denies this version, arguing that there was a quarrel, but that when he came home, there was already a fire. However, the judge who heard him considered that the explanations were “inaccurate” and there were “contradictions”.

See also  What happened in Xinjiang China, home to 11 million Uyghurs?

When asked why the woman came up with this story, the Portuguese man limited himself to the fact that “when she is annoyed”, her partner “does not know what he is saying”: “When he gets angry, he tries to hurt everyone.”

In turn, one of the witnesses – a neighbor of the couple – told the authorities that the couple quarreled, despite the fact that they had never witnessed a single episode of physical violence. On Monday, a neighbor overheard their quarrel and went out on the balcony at dawn and heard the cry of a 48-year-old woman: “Don’t kill me, don’t kill me, don’t kill me.”

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Continue Reading

Trending