Connect with us

World

Emails Show Bolsonaro Government Formally Negotiated With Company That Refused $ 1 Bribe Per Dose – 06/30/2021 – Power

Published

on

Emails received from sheet show that the Ministry of Health in the government of Jair Bolsonaro has officially negotiated the sale of vaccines with representatives of Davati Medical Supply. One company spokesman said in sheet who was asked for a bribe of $ 1 per dose in exchange for signing a contract.

The messages for the talks were exchanged between Roberto Ferreira Diaz, director of logistics for the ministry, Herman Cardenas, who serves as the company’s CEO, and Cristiano Alberto Carvalho, who introduces himself as her attorney.

Diaz himself sends an email mentioning a meeting about this. He is appointed as the author of the bribe request – his rehabilitation Ministry of Health was announced on Tuesday night (29) after being exposed Sheet.

One of the emails was sent at 8:50 am on February 26 this year through the functional address of Diaz: “[email protected]” and “[email protected]” – “dlog” – that’s what the department is called logistics.

In an interview, Cardenas said it had offered 400 million doses of Astrazeneca vaccine, citing company spokesman Luis Paulo Domingetti Pereira. “I’m looking forward to getting vaccines for your country,” he says.

IN interview with sheetDomingetti said he had dinner with Roberto Diaz the previous morning at Vasto restaurant in Brasília Shopping, Brasilia, when he heard, he said, a request for a bribe of $ 1 for an agreed dose of vaccine.

“He told me that he wouldn’t advance in the ministry if we didn’t join the group, that there is a group that would only work within the ministry, if we had something else, we would have to add value to the vaccine, which the vaccine will have a different value than the proposal we were proposing, ”he said sheet representative of the company.

According to him, the contract was not signed because the company refused to bribe.

Another post reinforces Domingetti’s account. According to him, in the afternoon of the 26th, the Ministry of Health established an official schedule for discussing the purchase. The email was sent by the logistics department at 10:50 am, shortly after the email suggesting an appointment.

See also  Afghan women launch online campaign to protest Taliban-imposed black clothing

“This ministry expresses its full interest in purchasing vaccines while meeting all the necessary requirements. Therefore, we would like to check the possibility of making an appointment today at 15:00 at the Department of Health Logistics. “

In an interview with sheetDomingetti spoke in detail about this meeting. “It [Dias] he told me, “It’s in the room over there.” And put me there in the next room. He told me he had a meeting. After that, they called me and asked if I was going to fix everything. Then I said: no, there is no way out. “

“It’s inside the ministry. Then they called me, said they would contact Dawati to try to get the vaccine, and never again. Then we tried in other ways, we tried to talk to Elsio Franco, we explained the situation for him. Besides, it didn’t do any good. Nobody wanted a vaccine, ”he said.

Diaz was nominated for this position by MP Ricardo Barros (PP-PR), leader of Jair Bolsonaro’s government in the Chamber. clays care statement.

Diaz himself sends an email to representatives on March 1st. In the post, he says the Brazilian government appreciates the company’s focus on Brazil’s need for vaccines.

He mentions a previous meeting between them and asks for a document linking Dawati as Astrazeneca’s representative in Brazil. He then adds that from that point on, they could move on because the company’s sales pitch seemed good compared to others.

On March 3, the company’s attorney, Cristiano Alberto Carvalho, announced that the requested document had already been sent to Diaz and his then advisor, Marcelo Blanco.

Wanted sheetDiaz didn’t answer calls. Domingetti is due to testify this Friday CPI Covid, which decided to call him after the accusations he made against the newspaper.

See also  Kyiv is the target of the bombings. Putin Confirms Attacks, Threatens 'Strong' Response

After the vaccine doses were mentioned as the target of the negotiations, AstraZeneca said in a note that it does not work with intermediaries in Brazil and does not make the vaccine available on the private market. According to the company, all agreements are made through Fiocruz and the federal government.

Suspicions about the purchase of vaccines arose in connection with the purchase of the Indian vaccine Covaxin, when sheet revealed on the last day 18 content Luis Ricardo Miranda, a public servant of the Ministry of Health, confidential testimony to the Federal Ministry of Statewho reported “unusual” pressure to free imports of Covaxin.

Since the case has become a priority of the CPI Covid in the Senate… The Commission suspects the vaccination contract as it was closed in record time, while all data have not yet been published for the immunizing agentand predict the maximum value per dose, about R $ 80 (or US $ 15 per dose).

Months earlier, the ministry had already rejected offers for vaccines cheaper than Covaxin and already approved in other countries such as Pfizer (which cost $ 10).

The crisis reached the Palácio do Planalto after Federal MP Luis Miranda (DEM-DF), brother of the health server, reported that in March they warned the president of violations… According to the congressman, Bolsonaro would reply that he would call the federal police to initiate an investigation.

CPI, however, investigated and found that no requests had been received from PF to this effect. Speaking on the topic, Bolsonaro first said that now the federal police will start an investigation to investigate the suspicions, and then said that “there is no way to find out what is happening in the ministries.”

On Tuesday, the Ministry of Health decided to suspend contract with Need Medicines for 20 million doses of covaxin… According to members of the folder, the current decision is to suspend until there is a new opinion on the case. However, the folder is already evaluating the possibility of termination of the contract.

See also  Red tide in global stock markets after interest rate hikes in several countries | markets

This Monday (28) sheet it was also revealed that the lawyer of the deputy Ricardo Barros acted as a legal representative Chinese vaccine invitation in Brazil, including attending a meeting with Anvisa (National Health Surveillance Agency).

Lawyer Flavio Pansieri, partner of Barros’ son-in-law until March this year, attended a meeting with Anvisa on April 30 last year. According to the agency’s website, the agenda for the meeting was “updates on IVB vaccine development. [Instituto Vital Brazil] & Belcher & CanSinoBio for emergency use of Anvisa. “

Members CPI Covid Wants To Investigate Convidecia Negotiations With Ministry Of Health… Belcher Pharmaceuticals, headquartered in Maringa (PR), acted as representative in the country CanSino Biologics Laboratory in Brazil, responsible for an immunizing agent.

Not last Sunday (27) Barros issued a note for citation MP Luis Miranda (DEM-DF) em CPI Covid certificate as a deputy advocating the purchase of vaccines at inflated prices. To defend himself, the leader of the government submitted a full preliminary defense to the Federal Court. The document was signed by Pansieri.

The lawyer also took over the defense of Barros in the STF (Supreme Federal Court) after the lawmaker was convicted by the heads of the construction company Galvão Engenharia.

In addition to protecting Barros, Pansieri accompanied the leader of the government during a meeting with President Jair Bolsonaro at the Planalto Palace on February 24, during the inauguration of the deputy center João Roma (Republicanos-BA) as Minister of Citizenship.

Collaborated with Natalia Kanchyan

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Vladimir Putin has delayed the invasion of Ukraine at least three times.

Published

on

Putin has repeatedly consulted with Russian Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov and Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu about the invasion, Europa Press told Ukraine’s chief intelligence director Vadim Skibitsky.

According to Skibitsky, it was the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), which is responsible for counterintelligence and espionage work, that put pressure on Gerasimov and other military agencies to agree to launch an offensive. .

However, according to the Ukrainian intelligence services, the FSB considered that by the end of February sufficient preparations had already been made to guarantee the success of the Russian Armed Forces in a lightning invasion.

However, according to Kyiv, the Russian General Staff provided the Russian troops with supplies and ammunition for only three days, hoping that the offensive would be swift and immediately successful.

The head of Ukrainian intelligence also emphasized the cooperation of local residents, who always provided the Ukrainian authorities with up-to-date information about the Russian army, such as the number of soldiers or the exact location of troops.

The military offensive launched on February 24 by Russia in Ukraine caused at least 6.5 million internally displaced persons and more than 7.8 million refugees to European countries, which is why the UN classifies this migration crisis as the worst in Europe since World War II (1939-1945). gg.). ).

At the moment, 17.7 million Ukrainians are in need of humanitarian assistance, and 9.3 million are in need of food aid and housing.

The UN has presented as confirmed 6,755 civilian deaths and 10,607 wounded since the beginning of the war, stressing that these figures are much lower than the real ones.

See also  Puppies in Germany will have to be walked two times a day, per new legislation

Continue Reading

World

Life sentence for former Swedish official for spying for Russia

Published

on

A Stockholm court on Monday sentenced a former Swedish intelligence officer to life in prison for spying for Russia, and his brother to at least 12 years in prison. In what is considered one of the most serious cases in Swedish counterintelligence history, much of the trial took place behind closed doors in the name of national security.

According to the prosecution, it was Russian military intelligence, the GRU, who took advantage of the information provided by the two brothers between 2011 and their arrest at the end of 2021.

Peyman Kia, 42, has held many senior positions in the Swedish security apparatus, including the army and his country’s intelligence services (Säpo). His younger brother, Payam, 35, is accused of “participating in the planning” of the plot and of “managing contacts with Russia and the GRU, including passing on information and receiving financial rewards.”

Both men deny the charges, and their lawyers have demanded an acquittal on charges of “aggravated espionage,” according to the Swedish news agency TT.

The trial coincides with another case of alleged Russian espionage, with the arrest of the Russian-born couple in late November in a suburb of Stockholm by a police team arriving at dawn in a Blackhawk helicopter.

Research website Bellingcat identified them as Sergei Skvortsov and Elena Kulkova. The couple allegedly acted as sleeper agents for Moscow, having moved to Sweden in the late 1990s.

According to Swedish press reports, the couple ran companies specializing in the import and export of electronic components and industrial technology.

See also  Afghan women launch online campaign to protest Taliban-imposed black clothing

The man was again detained at the end of November for “illegal intelligence activities.” His partner, suspected of being an accomplice, has been released but remains under investigation.

According to Swedish authorities, the arrests are not related to the trial of the Kia brothers.

Continue Reading

World

Ukraine admitted that Russia may announce a general mobilization

Published

on

“They can strengthen their positions. We understand that this can happen. At the same time, we do not rule out that they will announce a general mobilization,” Danilov said in an interview with the Ukrainska Pravda online publication.

Danilov believed that this mobilization would also be convened “to exterminate as many as possible” of Russian citizens, so that “they would no longer have any problems on their territory.”

In this sense, Danilov also reminded that Russia has not given up on securing control over Kyiv or the idea of ​​the complete “destruction” of Ukraine. “We have to be ready for anything,” he said.

“I want everyone to understand that [os russos] they have not given up on the idea of ​​destroying our nation. If they don’t have Kyiv in their hands, they won’t have anything in their hands, we must understand this,” continued Danilov, who also did not rule out that a new Russian offensive would come from “Belarus and other territories.” .

As such, Danilov praised the decision of many of its residents who chose to stay in the Ukrainian capital when the war broke out in order to defend the city.

“They expected that there would be panic, that people would run, that there would be nothing to protect Kyiv,” he added, referring to President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The military offensive launched on February 24 by Russia in Ukraine caused at least 6.5 million internally displaced persons and more than 7.8 million refugees to European countries, which is why the UN classifies this migration crisis as the worst in Europe since World War II (1939-1945). gg.). ).

See also  Afghan women launch online campaign to protest Taliban-imposed black clothing

At the moment, 17.7 million Ukrainians are in need of humanitarian assistance, and 9.3 million are in need of food aid and housing.

The Russian invasion, justified by Russian President Vladimir Putin on the need to “denazify” and demilitarize Ukraine for Russia’s security, was condemned by the international community at large, which responded by sending weapons to Ukraine and imposing political and economic sanctions on Russia.

The UN has presented as confirmed 6,755 civilian deaths and 10,607 wounded since the beginning of the war, stressing that these figures are much lower than the real ones.

Continue Reading

Trending