Connect with us

Top News

Read Epic’s New, Full Argument Why the Court Should Force Apple to Rebuild Fortnite

Published

on

Read Epic's New, Full Argument Why the Court Should Force Apple to Rebuild Fortnite

Just before midnight Friday before Labor Day weekend – we’re curious about the timing – Epic Games pushed the button for its next lawsuit against Apple’s ban on hugely popular Fortnite

There was no question that Epic would file a preliminary injunction against Apple in an attempt to force the iPhone maker Fortnite back to the App Store – hearings were already set for September 28th. But now you can read the full argument of the company (here is the pdf; it’s also embedded below) and decide if you think Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers might be inclined to change.

You may remember that Judge Rogers was no longer wishes to issue a temporary restraining order against Apple to protect Epic’s games, in part because Epic did not prove that it was actually harmed, and in part because the judge felt that Epic “strategically chose to violate its agreements with Apple” and therefore was at least partially to blame.

But in the new documentation, Epic claims it’s not just its reputation that has suffered: “Daily active iOS users have dropped more than 60% since Fortnite was removed from the App Store,” Epic said. (In case you’re wondering, this was measured prior to September 2; by then Fortnite effectively split into two different games.)

Epic says iOS is the largest platform for Fortnitetoo: 116 million registered users, or nearly a third of 350 million registered users, according to Epic Fortnite attracted everything. He also claims that 63 percent of Fortnite iOS users only access Fortnite on iOS, and that this is the only way for many people to play the game.

See also  Nearly half of US COVID-19 deaths are related to nursing homes

Epic is concerned that it will “never see these users again” (meaning a 60% drop); what his Fortnite the community of players was torn apart; and that some of his not-Fortnite customers were also collateral damage. As we reported last week, some of the other Epic games are no longer available for re-download, and Epic advises that its Shadow complex remaster was also removed from the Mac App Store after Apple closed Epic’s developer account.

Epic also claims that Apple is threatening to reject any attempts to apply for a new developer account “for at least a year”, citing a message from Apple itself, and claims that the damage it will suffer “losing access” to even one new user among more than a billion iOS users at least next year ”- harm worth creating a preliminary ban.

Much more can be read in the full text of the document. The first sentence is 38 pages long, not to mention the add-ons that Epic has attached.

Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but we did not expect them to respond at this hour.

Let’s see what happens on September 28.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

The Portuguese still hasn’t scored in the playoffs of the World Cup

Published

on

The Portuguese still hasn't scored in the playoffs of the World Cup

It was not enough to fight for the title in Portugal., Cristiano Ronaldo often subjected to pressure Lionel Messi at the 2022 World Cup. Guaranteed in the quarterfinals, the Argentine star is finally scored his first knockout goal at the World Cup, in a victory over Australia, in the 1/8 finals. The Portuguese remains empty in the decisive stages of the competition.

Also participating in his fifth and probably the last Cup in his winning career.In total, Ronaldo has scored eight goals in World Cups. All were noted at the group stages (one in Germany-2006, one in South Africa-2010, one in Brazil-2014, four in Russia-2018 and so far one in Qatar-2022).

At the age of 37, CR7 scored in an edition on Qatari soil only in his debut. He scored a penalty goal that paved the way for a long-suffering 3-2 victory over Ghana. Then, in matches against Uruguay and South Korea, he collected missed opportunities, got offside several times and, above all, became the object of even more contestation. from the critics.

Even against the Uruguayans, the No. 7 Portuguese finished the match believing he had scored the first goal in a 2-0 win. and backstage – who touched the ball with his head (or hair) on a cross by Bruno Fernandez, who at the time, and also after a FIFA reassessment, was confirmed as the author.

Is free ball marketbecause the contract was terminated by mutual agreement Manchester United, Ronaldo has only five finishes in the 2022 Cup so far: two correct and three incorrect. Today with nine goals at the world championships, Lionel Messimeanwhile, has 12 shots (eight correct and four incorrect) – only in the group stage.

See also  Ennio Morricone, Italian composer, died at the age of 91

Even after several controversies in England, the veteran striker could not avoid controversy in the national team. The latter came in the defeat against South Korea, in the last round of group H. He could have been spared, like a large part of the team, but he was kept in the starting lineup, mainly because he wants, among other goals, score nine goals in World Cups and equal his historical compatriot Eusebio And now too Messi.

Despite such determination, CR7 proved to be the team’s worst player in a 2-0 loss. To make matters worse, when he was substituted 20 minutes into the second half, he left complaining about the bench: He said these words: “you s… hurry to get me out”🇧🇷 The flash did not find a response in the technical commission, to the point that coach Fernando Santos publicly says he “didn’t like anything” from what he saw.

Between criticism and controversial cases, Cristiano Ronaldo is unlikely to be taken out of the starting XI, especially in the decisive phase. Despite the problems, he remains a big attacking hope for Portugal, who will face Switzerland this Tuesday (6th) at the Lusail Stadium in the round of 16.

Continue Reading

Top News

Who is Paulo Bento, the Portuguese coach from South Korea who coached Cruzeiro?

Published

on

Goal.com

The coach commanded the Portuguese national team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and left the South Korean national team after being eliminated in Qatar.

Portuguese coach Paulo Bento qualified South Korea for the playoffs of the World Cup, something the team had not achieved since 2010, when the South Korean team reached the 1/8 finals of this championship. But 4-1 rout against Brazil as a result, shortened the path of the Asian team, as well as put an end to the work of Paulo Sousa in the national team.

Paulo Bento started his career as a coach with the youth team of Sporting Clube Portugal in 2004. At the club, he commanded the youth team for two seasons, winning the junior national tournament in his first year. Incidentally, the coach took over the first team shortly after he announced his retirement as a player.

Given his prominence in the youth categories, Paulo was chosen to replace José Peseiro, who was eliminated in European competition, in the professional team of Sporting CP for the 2005 season./2006.

Professionally, Bento was runner-up for four seasons in a row in the Portuguese Championship. Despite this, the coach won two Portuguese Cups and two Candido de Oliveira Super Cups. On November 6, 2009, the coach resigned.

Having distinguished himself at Sporting, Paulo Bento was announced as Portugal’s coach on 21 September 2010 after the World Cup in South Africa, where the then-champion Spain was selected in the round of 16.

Gettyimages

In qualifying, the coach managed to show good results in the first games, plus, of course, take Portugal to the semi-finals of Euro 2012, taking off from Spain on penalties. Having stood out in competitions, the coach extended the contract until Euro 2016.

See also  NASA spacecraft sends back images of stars from a distance of 4.3 billion miles

However, after losing to Albania in qualifying for Euro 2016, the coach could not resist and was fired in September 2014. The unsuccessful campaign at the World Cup of the same year in Brazil also affected.

After the Portugal national team, Paulo Bento returned to Brazil in May 2016, but this time to coach the Cruzeiro club. With a contract until December 2017, the coach made his debut in the second round of the Brasileirão the same year.

Paulo Bento Cruzeiro Brazilian Championship in Sao Paulo 05062016Washington Alves/Light Press/Cruzeiro

However, Bento only lasted 17 matches in power with six wins, three draws and eight losses, leaving the team in second-to-last place in the tournament.

On 11 August 2016, the coach was announced as the new commander of Olympiacos, Greece, where he remained until 6 March 2017, winning the Greek title. Following this, Paulo Bento was announced as Chongqing Dangdai of China leading the team for only 15 matches.

20221124 Paulo BentoGetty Images

On August 16, 2018, Paulo Bento was announced as the new coach of South Korea following the departure of Shin Tae-yong, who lost in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup.

As part of the South Korean national team, the coach has 55 wins, 12 draws and eight losses, having won the East Asian Cup title and classified the team at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. After being knocked out against Brazil in the 1/8 finals, the Portuguese announced his retirement from the national team.

Continue Reading

Top News

Pioli ‘pulls’ Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese ‘must make a dash’

Published

on

Pioli 'pulls' Leao by the ears and says the Portuguese 'must make a dash'

FROMTefano Pioli, Milan coach, gave an interview on the Italian radio program Sky Calcio Club on Sunday in which he talked about Rafael Leao’s participation in the 2022 Mundial, a test in which the Portuguese striker was a replacement for Fernando Santos. ‘, indicating that he has been talking to his player over the past few days.

“If we talk? They have an obligation to call me at the end of the game. He is happy because Portugal is doing well. It is clear that he would like to play more. I can take advantage of this for a contract extension,” said Pioli, who also spoke about the Portuguese’s renewal process.

“He is fine with us and management and Rafael are talking. We are waiting for good news,” the Transalpine coach fired.

Looking at his player’s short playing time at this 2022 World Cup, Pioli admitted that Rafael Leau would like to have more playing time for the national team, but hinted that the Portuguese striker is not unhappy.

“If he plays a little? It’s hard to judge because Portugal has a very high quality team. Rafael is happy because Portugal is having a good World Cup, but there is a lot of quality and competitiveness in the attacking sector of the Portuguese team. “, – stressed the coach of the Italian, who also left a small warning to Rafael Leau.

“When you see him in training, you immediately understand that he has incredible potential. He has technique and speed that few others have. Over the course of a period, he had to develop and adapt to the reality at Milan, where the pressure is different from what he is. he was in Lille. It took time, but his potential to become a great player was always there. But he still needs to make the leap to become a champion because he can be even more decisive in the opponent’s zone,” he stressed.

See also  Banco Português de Fomento supported 10,500 companies in the first half of the year - Economy

“If you think about Rafael from two years ago, he has made tremendous progress. He’s missing a few things, but he’s smart and approachable. I can give him all the ideas he wants, but his talent must be left free. should improve his heading, given his physique,” he concluded.

Read also: Spaniards say Carlo Ancelotti is “in love” with Rafael Leao

Always be the first to know.
Sixth year in a row Consumer Choice and Five Star Online Press Award.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

Continue Reading

Trending