Connect with us

Top News

No social distancing, few masks as crowd awaits Trump rally in Nevada

Published

on

Facebook and Twitter have twice put a warning label on Trump's voting posts

When the gates to a rally in Minden, Nevada, opened shortly before 5:00 pm local time, hundreds of people rushed forward, grabbing chairs and squeezing in as Elton John and Queen’s music echoed through the hall. Rally protesters queued for hours to get to the airport rally, which is held on the runway of a general aviation field.

Trump supporter Maria Einkluz said she was delighted to be joining the large crowd to hear the president speak. She said she feels safe and rejects the idea of ​​wearing masks because she doesn’t think the pandemic is as serious as health experts say.

“I see masked people on the street avoiding getting close to other people – it’s sad. We have to be out of the house and interact, that’s how we become immune. We need to develop immunity, ”Einklu said.

When asked if she was worried about being infected with the virus, she said no.

“Eight months have passed – I think I have immunity. And if I get this, I will go to the hospital for a few days. It’s not that bad, ”Einklu said.

Before Trump’s arrival, the area near the stage was filled to capacity, but the entire venue was not full. The air in the area has been unhealthy due to the ongoing California wildfires.

The campaign has previously offered vague explanations of how it will stick to Nevada’s Covid-19 mitigation protocols during rallies the president plans to hold this weekend.

Trump’s recent campaign events have violated state mandates adopted to stop the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Trump’s rally North Carolina on Tuesday violated a demand by Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper to limit meetings to 50 people. The president and most of his supporters also did not wear masks, despite the statewide ban on masks in North Carolina.
And at the rally in Michigan earlier this week, attendees were not wearing face masks, which was one of the few proven ways to mitigate the spread of Covid-19.

Specifically asked if the campaign plans to limit the number of people who will be allowed to the rally, a campaign spokesman said: “Each participant will pass a temperature check before admission, they will be given a mask that they are encouraged to wear and have access to a large number disinfectants for hands. “

See also  Christian Hackenberg's dream of baseball 'not a joke'

But health experts have emphasized that people can still spread the virus even if they have no symptoms like fever, making it even more important to wear a mask.

Douglas County Commissioner Dave Nelson told CNN by phone Friday night that they only had eight cases of coronavirus in the county, and he was “confident people will use common sense” and that “Douglas County is conservative and proud to host the president “.

Despite warnings of crowds leading to further spread of the virus, Trump continues to hold rallies. The next one is scheduled for Sunday in Henderson, Nevada.

Ryan Nobles and CNN’s Glen Daisy contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Published

on

Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Portuguese rider Miguel Oliveira (KTM) qualified this Saturday in eighth position at the Japanese MotoGP Grand Prix, 16th of 20 races of the season, despite a last-minute crash.

The Portuguese from the Austrian brand set his best lap of 1.55.895 minutes, finishing 0.681 seconds behind fastest Spaniard Marc Marquez (Honda). France’s Johann Zarco (Ducati) was second with 0.208 seconds and South African Brad Binder (KTM) was third with 0.323 seconds.

“I had good speed and potential in the second quarter and on this particular lap. [a última], but I was on the floor in the ninth turn. It was a shame, but I have confidence in tomorrow (Sunday),” commented the Portuguese rider in statements released by the KTM team. “It was difficult to prepare for the race, but we’ll see.” [o que vai acontecer]”- concluded Miguel Oliveira.

The Portuguese left the third row of the grid after falling just three minutes before the end of the session, marred by rain that caused a delay of more than an hour and had already forced the cancellation of the third free game. training session, at night. The fall of the Portuguese rider occurred in the third sector of the track, at a time when his results were improving. When 15 minutes of this second qualifying stage (Q2) ended, Oliveira finished in fourth place.

However, several riders were still halfway to the last lap and the Almada rider ended up being overtaken by Spaniards Jorge Martin (Ducati), Brad Binder and Aprilia Spaniards Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales.

See also  Teacher Translates Indigenous Letters in Tupi into Portuguese During Colonial Brazil | National newspaper

Pole position was won by Marc Marquez 1,071 days after he was the fastest in qualifying for the MotoGP World Championship, namely the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix.

“I am very pleased with the pole position. This morning I felt very strong on the wet track and decided to give it a try. This is very important for us and for the future. Tomorrow, on a dry surface, everything will be different. history,” said the Spanish rider, who has already become world champion eight times.

The rain that hit the Motegi track became a headache for the riders and the organization, which was forced to interrupt the Moto2 qualifying nine minutes before the end and cancel the third free practice in MotoGP.

Traffic on the track only resumed after more than an hour, and the wet track was the cause of several accidents, including that of a Portuguese KTM rider who slid off the pavement without physical consequences.

Johann Zarco’s Ducati was the fastest today, reaching 302 kilometers per hour, while Oliveira’s KTM lost 30 kilometers per hour in a straight line (the maximum speed achieved by the Portuguese was 270 kilometers per hour). Luca Marini’s Ducati was the slowest, reaching 255.9 kilometers per hour, leaving the Italian in 10th place.

Champion and championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) of France finished ninth behind Miguel Oliveira, while World Cup runner-up Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati) of Italy finished 12th and last in the second quarter, bringing together the top 10 fastest in free practice and the top two in the first quarter.

See also  Aunt Jemima's brand, which recognizes its racist past, will be stopped

Already the Italian Enea Bastianini (Ducati), the winner of the previous stage in Aragon, remained in Q1, where he fell without physical consequences.

Continue Reading

Top News

Arapiraquense makes humorous videos to give Portuguese advice: “You learn and laugh” | alagoas

Published

on

Arapiraquense makes humorous videos to give Portuguese advice: "You learn and laugh" |  alagoas

“You learn and you laugh” is how Erivaldo Amancio defines the Portuguese language content he offers online. Born in Arapiraque, Alagoas, he humorously gives advice and answers questions about the Portuguese language.

  • Share on whatsapp
  • Share on Telegram

Erivaldo has 767k followers on Instagram and over 17.5k followers on YouTube. It all started a year and a half ago when he got scolded in a comment on social media.

Because the swearing contained several grammatical errors, Erivaldo responded by posting a video teaching a “lesson” to the hater.

“It happened more than once. Some of these videos were posted on humorous Instagram profiles. It made me stand out,” he said.

A literature student at the Federal University of Alagoas (Ufal), Erivaldo wants to prepare even more for face-to-face classes when he is near the end of the course. He says the purpose of the profile is to encourage followers to seek out more knowledge.

“Tips on the web are just a seed, the fruit of which can be curiosity about objects,” he explained.

Through social media, Erivaldo responds to his followers’ doubts about the Portuguese language.

Erivaldo’s profile is also in demand by contestants and students preparing for Enem.

“[Os seguidores] it is said to be a very interesting way of learning. Many regret not learning from teachers who use humor in the classroom,” he said.

Watch the latest videos of g1 AL

Continue Reading

Top News

Who is the Portuguese that FIFA 23 has included in the list of potential stars?

Published

on

Who is the Portuguese that FIFA 23 has included in the list of potential stars?

FIFA 23 is available September 30th, and EA Sports is starting to shed some light on some of the game’s oddities.

If you like to develop talent in Career Mode, you should have a list of young people at hand: these are the 20 players with the most growth potential, that is, those who can improve their general. Among them is a Portuguese.

Diogo Monteiro is one of the “hidden gems” of FIFA 23 for EA Sports. The 17-year-old centre-back who plays for Servette has general 54, but with a potential of 24 points, he could at best go up to 78.

Who is this young Portuguese? Despite his young age – born in 2005 – he already has some experience. Moreover, this season he played three matches for Servette with a total duration of 17 minutes, divided between the championship and the Swiss Cup.

Diogo Monteiro, the son of Portuguese, was born on Swiss soil and started training at Etoile Carouge, but arrived in Servette to play for the under-15 team. In the 2020/21 season, he made his debut in the first team at the age of 16 years and 37 days, having the status of the youngest representative of the Geneva club.

The central defender has made 33 appearances for the Portuguese youth teams, which he has represented since his youth. He is the captain of the 2005 generation, and it was with this status that he reached the European U-17 Championship played this year, in which Portugal reached the semi-finals, having been eliminated from France. Diogo Monteiro, by the way, worked every minute of the competition.

See also  Live Coronavirus Updates: Trump Aides Goal Fauci

He was recently called up by Rui Bento to the under-19 team.

Check out the respective gallery to see which players have the most growth potential in FIFA 23.

Continue Reading

Trending