Connect with us

entertainment

Matt Hancock hopes six-person COVID rule can be lifted “before Christmas” | World News

Published

on

The new regulations, designed to contain a re-outbreak of the coronavirus by making it illegal for groups of more than six people to meet in England, will be in effect for the “foreseeable future,” the Minister of Health said. Matt Hancock, said, although he hopes the situation could change before Christmas.

As part of strengthening police assistance measures, gatherings of more than half a dozen people indoors or outdoors will be banned from Monday, with some exceptions, including in schools, workplaces, and for life events such as weddings or funerals.

Under the current rules for England, the guidelines limit most gatherings to six people or no more than two households or household bubbles, but the law allows a higher limit of 30 people.

The government is taking action following a sudden increase in infections, with nearly 8,500 positive tests for Covid-19 registered in England in three days. Anyone who breaks the rule faces a fine of £ 100 for the first offense and up to £ 3200 for those who repeatedly violate the measure.

The UK government continues to be under pressure over Covid-19 testing capabilities and Hancock is defending his solution to the situation. On Wednesday, he suggested that a quarter of the people who were going to take the tests were not eligible because they had no symptoms.


Asked if the six-person rule could still be in effect at Christmas, Hancock said on BBC Radio 4’s Today program: “This is absolutely true for the foreseeable future. I really hope we can fix this before Christmas. “

See also  Neo and Trinity are back, 18 years later: see The Matrix Resurrection First Trailer - Live Events

When asked if people should be prepared for the new rules to be in effect at Christmas, Hancock replied: “I think Christmas is still a long way from a pandemic.

“Three months is a long time for a pandemic, and I really hope this is a stricter rule, along with the local action we’ve taken in places like Bolton … I really hope it works to get it done by Christmas.”

Hancock also said the government was going to make it mandatory for pubs and restaurants to collect customer data for a verification and tracking program that has so far been voluntary.


He said today: “We’re also going to be more strict about the rules regarding hospitality, including, for example, the fact that you have to provide your contact information when you go to the hotel, which has been voluntary until now. Many in the hospitality industry have followed suit … but some just chose not to, so we’ll make it mandatory as well. “

On Tuesday, the government immediately took a series of tougher measures in Bolton to tackle a spike in Covid-19 cases where restaurants and pubs were restricted to take-out food, and restrictions were imposed on opening hours late into the night. The government is reportedly considering imposing a local curfew in areas such as Bradford, where cases have also increased, and this will mimic the actions in Belgium.

In a separate interview Wednesday with Sky News, Hancock defended the verification and tracking system. After it was revealed that some people were being asked to travel long distances in order to get tested for the virus, criticism sparked more and more. However, Hancock said the problems were caused by people without symptoms who requested tests. When asked if the system is malfunctioning, Hancock said, “I completely reject … this charge is actually quite the opposite.”

See also  Red Alert: Gal Gadot, Rock and Ryan Reynolds send a special message to Brazilian fans; Verify!

He said that the country has the largest per capita testing system of any major European country, adding: which have no symptoms.

“About 25% of people who come forward [for tests] do not have symptoms and do not fit, ”he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

entertainment

Liliana Almeida suggests feelings for Bruno de Carvalho. Girlfriend Reacts – Big Brother

Published

on

Liliana Almeida suggests feelings for Bruno de Carvalho.  Girlfriend Reacts - Big Brother

In a conversation with Cristina Ferreira, Bruno de Carvalho admitted that he was in love with Liliana Almeida. Before the singer joined the president at home in the confessional, he chose not to talk about the feelings that a colleague would have for him. Once together they were able to visit some moments that they have shared over the past few days.

When asked how she relates to Bruno de Carvalho, Liliana did not want to measure love, but she did not go into fashion either. “What I feel for Bruno is very, very, very strong” guaranteed, prompting stormy applause from the audience.. According to him, the artist “absolutely” did not expect such an outcome.

His girlfriend Jaci Duarte apologized. “And she knows she will be eternal in my life,” he said too. However, Liliana wasn’t sure she was still engaged. “Do you think someone else is waiting for you there?” The presenter asked. “I do not know. I believe that after all this I will not have it, ”he believed.

The singer also does not know if these apologies will be accepted. “I think she should understand what kind of hole I left, or even if I freed her,” advanced. He admits he can’t quite figure out what he’s developing with Bruno de Carvalho yet: “It’s a set of situations that don’t give me clarity.”

Bruno de Carvalho has already assured that he will leave when Liliana is also expelled. Cristina Ferreira’s questions about Liliana’s marital status provoked a reaction from a friend she left outside. “Now I have representatives on Portuguese TV! What an honor,” wrote the hairdresser on Instagram to applause.

See also  Filomena Cautela's new program premiere - Television postponed

Continue Reading

entertainment

Carlos Cruz comments on “Famous Big Brother” and confesses to the “theory” about Bruno de Carvalho

Published

on

Carlos Cruz comments on "Famous Big Brother" and confesses to the "theory" about Bruno de Carvalho

Carlos Cruz commented on the national news and in particular the television panorama in his weekly chronicle in the returning newspaper “Tal e Qual”.

This week, the former presenter commented on the new edition of Big Brother Famosos and left a reflection on the criteria for “notoriety” and the ability to be a competitor: “TVI insists on the Big Brother format. They know why. This time he calls it “Big Brother Famous”., starts with a letter.

“Knowing in advance that this series will be presented by Cristina Ferreira, who has done a clean job thanks to her nerves that contributed to her restraint, I was very curious to know who would be “famous”, who would enter the show, as they would say, “the most popular house in the country., can still be read.

“Bruno de Carvalho was an excellent bet, and for the good of the program, give him full immunity until the penultimate week. He is famous and not always for the best reasons. But it was a revelation: he has grace, a sense of humor and, until the day I write this, from the first minute he won the respect of other participants; Nuno Homem de Sa has a resume that justifies his fame; then we have Leandro, who has a sizeable audience and I’ve seen a few TV appearances.”, – says the former presenter.

“And here my problem begins: how much fame does it take to be considered “famous or famous”? What glory? Is it enough to be popular to be considered famous? Or do you need talent besides popularity? Is an actor or actress famous with a more or less minor role in a telenovela?, leaves the question open.

See also  Red Alert: Gal Gadot, Rock and Ryan Reynolds send a special message to Brazilian fans; Verify!

“Therefore, the name of the program Big Brother Famosos does not appeal to me due to the “fame” of the members. But I will follow the development of Bruno de Carvalho. I have a theory.he concluded.

Continue Reading

entertainment

“I got out of bed and took a shower”

Published

on

"I got out of bed and took a shower"

JEssika Atheide is one of the public figures who tested positive for Covid-19, so she remains in isolation. The past few days have been particularly difficult for the actress, as she shared in stories on her Instagram account.

I pulled myself out of bed and took a shower. They say that these are 3 hard days, and then everything calms down. Tomorrow I go the third day, I hope it will pass. And I hope I have the best night. I feel like this virus is showing up in me like a rollercoaster of symptoms. Nearly. Lots of peace, relaxation and vitamins,” he explains.


© Instagram – Jessica Attheid

She later explains how it all started: “On Wednesday I had a little constipation, I did a rapid test at home and it was negative. did another quick test and it was positive. I called SNS. On Friday I did a PCR and received an application to send him to work (which is currently in the Teatro da Trindade).”

News by the minute
© Instagram – Jessica Attheid

Read also: Jessica Attheid showed previously unseen photos after giving birth…

Read also: Jessica Attheid reacts to criticism after talking about tests for Covid-19

Always be the first to know.
6th year in a row Consumers Choice and Five Star Award for Online Press.
Download our free app.

Apple Store Download

See also  Jose Luis caused SIC 'reality' scandal: Elvas farmer tries to buy a bride - Nacional
Continue Reading

Trending