Connect with us

World

Egypt’s tourist sites reopen and archaeologists discover 13 mysterious mummies

Published

on

Egypt's tourist sites reopen and archaeologists discover 13 mysterious mummies

London (CNN) – A mysterious collection of coffins has been discovered in Egypt believed to contain human mummies that were sealed over 2,500 years ago.

The 13 unopened coffins, which were found stacked on top of each other in a well nearly 40 feet (12 meters) deep, are so well preserved that the data show the original design details and colors. Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities of Egypt

The archaeologists who made the discovery at Saqqara, an ancient site about 20 miles south of the Egyptian capital and also home to attractions including the Step Pyramid, which is considered the oldest in the world, is expected to make more discoveries in the coming days. this place. …

The identity of those who are in the coffins is still a mystery.

Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities

In a Twitter post, Khaled El-Enani, Egypt’s Minister of Tourism and Antiques, said it was “an indescribable feeling when you witness a new archaeological discovery.”

The opening came just a week after the country reopened its archaeological sites and museums to visitors after closing in March due to the global crisis. coronavirus pandemic.

Tourism is vital to Egypt’s economy, which was visited by over 13.6 million people in 2019. More than a million people work in this sector.

The tourism industry has been hit hard by the Covid-19.

The tourism industry has been hit hard by the Covid-19.

Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities

See also  Pregnant teacher arrested for sex with a minor student in the USA
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

World

Prominent colonel criticizes Russian invasion of Ukraine on Russian state television: ‘We must be prepared to lose this war’

Published

on

José Milhazes and Nuno Rogueiro reviewed Tuesday an interview with Mikhail Khodaryonok, “the most respected colonel,” a Russian military analyst and anti-aircraft missile specialist. According to SIC observers, the colonel warned Russia and said that Ukraine was capable of arming one million people.

“He said: “We, Russia, are not in a position to resist or win over a million well-armed people. (…) They are more motivated than ever, well prepared and trained,” Nuno Rogueiro translated.

Mikhail Khodarenok also stated on a Russian state television program that Russia could lose the war and that the world is against the Putin regime.

However, Jose Milhazes believes that the statements of the famous Russian colonel “will not change the mentality of Russians if coffins do not start appearing in Russia en masse.”

As for the fate of the Azovstal soldiers evacuated on Monday from a compound in Mariupol and taken to Russian-controlled areas, Milkhazes said that Russia would try to “roll back the process” and “detain the Ukrainian military.” The SIC commentator echoed the Kremlin spokesman’s claim that international laws would be respected and warned: “There is a law in Russia that states that domestic laws take precedence over international ones.”

In turn, Nuno Rogueiro does not believe that Russia can lightly decide to violate the agreement. “Russia will not have much interest in assuaging a grudge and losing something that it can still gain in the process.” He added that, according to his own information, Russia “was solemnly warned” by the United States that it would “suffer hitherto unimaginable consequences” if it attacked soldiers at Azovstal.

See also  Italian artist sold the invisible sculpture for about 15 thousand euros

Continue Reading

World

After the surrender at Azovstal, the fate of Ukrainian soldiers is unclear – Obozrevatel

Published

on

You have free access to all Observer articles as a subscriber.

The withdrawal of hundreds of Ukrainian soldiers who had been at the Azovstal plant in Mariupol since the beginning of the war raised the question: what was the fate of those who surrendered? Ukraine has announced that a prisoner exchange will take place, while Russia is showing signs that the men, who remained for months at the factory in Russian-controlled territory, have another destination.

On the day of the surrender, the Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine confirmed the withdrawal of 53 soldiers who needed medical attention and another 211 soldiers who were inside the Azovstal steel plant. All were transported to regions controlled by the troops of Vladimir Putin.

Although a Ukrainian official said the aim is to exchange these soldiers for Russian prisoners of war, the Kremlin’s position is still unclear, especially after one of the deputies involved in the peace talks with Kyiv came to defend the death penalty for soldiers withdrawn from Azovstal. .

Give up? In total, 264 soldiers were withdrawn from Azovstal. The army said it had “completed” the defense of the plant

A PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

If Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov assured that the soldiers would be treated “in accordance with international standards,” then so be it. that Russia should “think well” about imposing capital punishment on the members of the Azov battalion, who have now been withdrawn from the Azovstal metallurgical plant.

“They do not deserve to live after the heinous crimes against humanity that they have committed and that are constantly being committed against our prisoners,” he said, quoted by Reuters.

Already on Tuesday it became known that on May 26 the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation will decide on the recognition of the Azov battalion as a terrorist organization. According to the Interfax news agency, cited by the BBC, it will be Russian justice that will “judge the nationalist paramilitary association Azov, deciding whether it is a” terrorist organization “.

According to the Russian news agency RIA, Russian MP Sultan Khamzaev also said that “all nationalists should be convicted for the grave crimes they have committed” and sentenced to “life imprisonment.”

Azov. Neo-Nazis or Russian propaganda? History and ideology of the battalion that survived in Mariupol

See also  Pregnant teacher arrested for sex with a minor student in the USA
Continue Reading

World

Putin will make military decisions at the level of colonel or brigade | Russia

Published

on


Russian President Vladimir Putin will be so involved in the war in Ukraine that he will make military decisions, which are usually the responsibility of colonels or brigadier generals, usually leading teams of 700 to 900 troops, Western military sources cited by the British press office said. Click.

Continue Reading

Trending