Connect with us

Top News

China plans to double stockpiles of nuclear warheads: the Pentagon

Published

on

China plans to double stockpiles of nuclear warheads: the Pentagon

China probably plans to double its stocks of nuclear warheads this decade, including those for ballistic missiles that could reach the United States. Pentagon said in a message on Tuesday.

Even so, China’s nuclear forces will be smaller than that of the United States, which is estimated to have about 3,800 warheads ready for action and more in reserve, according to the report. China currently has “low-charge” nuclear warheads but is approaching the ability to launch nuclear strikes on air, land and sea. This is the first time the US military has revealed the number of China’s nuclear warheads.

The Trump administration has urged China to join a nuclear arms treaty with the United States and Russia to limit nuclear expansion between the three countries, but China refused. Chinese Foreign Ministry officials said their arsenal is not large enough to be included within the agreed limits. Chinese officials have said pressure on China to join the trilateral agreement should not be used as an excuse to abandon START, the existing US-Russian nuclear deal, which expires in February. It can be extended for up to five years if Moscow and Washington agree.

Trump: IF BIDEN’S CHOICE, CHINA WILL BE “OWN”

A senior Chinese diplomat said in July that Beijing would be “happy” to join such an agreement if the US were willing to reduce its arsenal to the size of China.

The Pentagon said the growth forecast is based on factors such as Beijing has enough material to double its reserves without producing new fissile material.

See also  Florida remains in forecast cone of what could become Tropical Storm Isaias

The report says the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is striving to create a “conducive” international environment for national “rejuvenation.” They decided that their military forces should play a more active role in achieving their foreign policy goals.

China’s nuclear expansion is part of a broader effort to assert more power on the global stage with the goal of matching or surpassing the United States as a global superpower by 2049.

Party leaders also view a divided China as a weak China and will work towards “full reunification,” reintegrating Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau – on Beijing terms – by the end of 2049.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper warned of China’s plans three days before the report was published on Twitter.

Trump Says Relationship With Chinese XI Has Changed Since Coronavirus, And Two Claims Have Not Spoken For “Long Time”

“As communist China seeks to at least double its nuclear arsenal, modernizing our nuclear forces and maintaining readiness are essential for a free and open Indo-Pacific region,” he wrote.

The Trump administration has used such predictions to justify spending hundreds of billions of dollars on modernizing the US nuclear arsenal.

CLICK HERE FOR FOX NEWS APP

The plan, launched during the Obama administration, is to replace all major elements of nuclear forces – submarines, long-range bombers and ground-based missiles – over the next 30 years, with projections exceeding $ 1 trillion. This includes the costs of maintaining and operating forces and upgrading warheads and command and control systems. Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden did not say if he will continue the plan if he wins in November.

See also  'SNL' alumni Jay Pharoah said LA police approached him at gunpoint and kneeled around his neck

The Pentagon also suggested that China could raise the level of nuclear alert. For now, he keeps his nuclear warheads separate from missiles and launchers, and he will need a warning to get them ready for war. The report says that evidence uncovered last year indicates China wants to keep some of its forces on alert, known as a “warning launch.” Thus, its silo-based intercontinental ballistic missiles will be armed in peacetime and ready for launch at short notice. This is how the US ICBM forces operate.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Marseille in California. ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

Published

on

Marseille in California.  ″Where the Portuguese is, there is Portugal″

“You are the future,” President Marcelo Rebelo de Souza told a three-year-old girl dressed in traditional Portuguese clothing who came out to greet him on the podium where he spoke at Artesia Portuguese Salon. The city, located on the outskirts of Los Angeles, has not hosted the President of the Portuguese Republic since 1989. This weekend, he did it with pomp and the setting of an ornate Portuguese-American community bursting with pride.

“We have never lost the honor and responsibility of being representatives of this beautiful flag,” said Jimmy Enes, a member of Artesia DES, a Portuguese descendant, in a welcoming speech delivered in perfect Portuguese. “When we are asked who we are, we always answer”i am portuguese“and not”Portuguese-American“or ‘Portuguese American’,” he said. “That’s why we’re trying step by step to protect our heritage on the outskirts of Los Angeles, one of the greatest cities in the world.”

Continue Reading

Top News

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo is injured by the Portuguese national team and thanks the fans for their support



Cristiano Ronaldo got a cut on his nose and needed a bandage (Photo: MICHAL CIZEK / AFP)

Photo: Lance!

Gratitude. It seems that the attacker Cristiano Ronaldo shared his social media with Portuguese fans after a clash with Czech goalkeeper Vaclik. In the auction, the assailant received a cut on his face and needed a bandage to stop the bleeding.

“Great game, important team win! We remain focused on our goal. Thanks to the Portuguese public for the fantastic support,” the striker wrote on his Instagram account.

The match was marked by a great performance Portugal national team, who beat the Czech Republic 4-0 to take the lead in Nations League Group 2 with ten points with one matchday to go in the group stage of the tournament. Cristiano Ronaldo ended up losing to his team.

After the match, the leader of the Portuguese national team appreciated the result achieved on the road. “It was a very important victory and all teammates should be congratulated on the result,” commented the 37-year-old striker.

With three wins, one draw and one defeat, the Portuguese team has the best attack in their group with eleven goals scored and a net difference of nine. The team is one draw away from qualifying for the tournament series. The next match against Spain is next Tuesday in the city of Braga.

+The best content in your email for free. Choose your favorite Terra newsletter. Click here!

See also  The woman was charged in connection with the murder of Vanessa Guillen
Continue Reading

Top News

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Published

on

Thomas Gouveia remains the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge

Writing with Lusa

Tournament of the second European circuit.

Thomas Gouveia solidified his status as the best Portuguese in the Swiss Challenge this Saturday by finishing the penultimate day of the second European round robin in a group of 31st placed golfers.

Thomas Gouveia hit the card with 73 shots, one over par on the course, after two birdies (one under par hole) and three bogeys (one over), after making 71 shots in the previous two days for a total of 215.

Thomas Bessa needed 75 hits, three over par and tied for scarecrows, he finished 48th with 218 total, five short of Vitor Lopez, 60th with 223, after today needs 78, with just one bird . to fit five scarecrows and a double scarecrow.

The Swiss Challenge, which concludes on Sunday in Folgensburg, France, is still led by France’s Chung Veon Ko with a total of 206 shots, one short of Denmark’s Martin Simonsen in second place.

See also  'SNL' alumni Jay Pharoah said LA police approached him at gunpoint and kneeled around his neck
Continue Reading

Trending