Connect with us

World

China, India agrees Troop withdrawal on disputed border | India News

Published

on

China, India agrees Troop withdrawal on disputed border |  India News

On Friday, the foreign ministries of China and India agreed in a joint statement that their troops must quickly emerge from months of confrontation on their long-contested border with the Himalayas.

China’s State Counselor, Foreign Minister Wang Yi, and Indian Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar met on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization’s foreign ministers’ meeting in Moscow to try to end a dispute, the most serious in decades over the undivided border.

“The the two foreign ministers agreed that the current situation in the border areas is not in the interests of either side. Therefore, they agreed that the border troops of both sides should continue the dialogue, quickly disperse the troops, maintain an appropriate distance and reduce tensions, ”the statement said.

Separately, China’s foreign ministry said it would liaise with India through diplomatic and military channels and carry out a “restoration of peace and tranquility” in the disputed border area.

Talking about the meeting in Moscow, China said that Wang told Jaishankar that “provocations such as shooting and other dangerous actions that violate the commitments made by both sides must be stopped immediately.”

He added that all personnel and equipment that violated the border should be relocated, and border troops on both sides “must quickly withdraw from the battle” to reduce the escalation of the situation.

‘Tightening condition’

The Global Times tabloid, controlled by the Chinese Communist Party, took a harsher tone in an editorial published ahead of the two ministers’ meeting.

“The Chinese side must be fully prepared for military action in the event of failure of diplomatic cooperation, and its forward forces must be able to respond to emergencies and be ready for battle at any time,” the message said.

It accused India of harboring a grudge against the 1962 conflict and described the country as “an unprecedented state of panting. “

Wang and Jaishanka’s meeting came after a border clash earlier this week, when each accused each other of shooting into the air during a clash on their border in the western Himalayas, in violation of long-standing protocols on the use of firearms at the sensitive border. …

See also  the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petito

The Chinese ministry said the two countries reached a five-point consensus to reduce tensions in the area, including the need to abide by existing agreements to ensure peace.

SOURCE:
Al Jazeera and news agencies

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Pastor shot dead after refusing to pay €1.61 ​​for electrical repairs

Published

on

The pastor of the church and another man were shot dead in palmas, in southern Parana, Brazil, after refusing to pay 10 reais (€1.61 ​​at current exchange rates) for a neighbor’s electrical repairs.

On Friday evening, the church, to which the pastor’s house is attached, stopped working the power supply system. The pastor decided to find a neighbor who could make repairs, and the man asked for 10 reais (1.61 euros) for the service, and the pastor said he would not pay, G1.

According to witnesses, after the refusal to pay, confusion began between those involved and other intervening people.

A few minutes later the man returned with two brothers who started shooting at people in front of the church. Four men aged 21, 22, 25 and 32 were shot dead, and a 25-year-old man died. The suspect in the shooting at the group was also shot, and shot in the stomach.

Early on Saturday morning, four hooded men approached the pastor’s home and killed him with more than 10 shots, according to police.

The municipal police said that residents of the community rioted against the suspects in the murder of the pastor and set fire to the house of one of them.

The case is under investigation.

See also  Bank mistakenly distributes £ 130 million on Christmas Day
Continue Reading

World

A 67-year-old man underwent surgery to remove a hernia, and doctors discovered he had a uterus and ovaries.

Published

on

A 67-year-old father of three was admitted to a hospital in Kosovo, Russia, for a hernia operation, and doctors found that the patient had a uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries, and was missing a testicle.

Doctors have diagnosed a man with normal male genitalia as having persistent Mullerian duct syndrome (PMDS), an extremely rare condition that occurs when men also have female reproductive organs along with a penis and scrotum.

Symptoms of the disease include testicular retraction and inguinal hernias, but female organs are usually not discovered unless surgery is performed to treat the mass. Only 200 cases have been reported in the medical literature. Daily mail.

The case was published in a magazine Urology Case Reports doctors working at the University of Pristina in Kosovo.

The patient had suffered for 10 years from a lump that enlarged when he stood up or coughed, and was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia, which occurs when tissue penetrates the groin at the top of the inner thigh.

It is estimated that 30 to 80% of PMDS patients have an inguinal hernia, infertility, or pseudohermaphroditism.

See also  the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petito
Continue Reading

World

Britain says Russia wants to install a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine

Published

on

On Saturday, the UK said it had information indicating that Russia wants to install a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine as it considers invading and occupying the country.

Former Ukrainian MP Yevgeny Muraev is being considered as a possible candidate, according to a statement from the British Foreign Office, which indicates that it has information about Russian intelligence ties to many former Ukrainian politicians.

These politicians, according to the United Kingdom, include Sergiy Arbuzov, Ukraine’s first vice prime minister from 2012 to 2014 and interim prime minister in 2014; Andriy Klyuev, First Vice Prime Minister from 2010 to 2012, as well as Volodymyr Sivkovich, former Deputy Chairman of the National Defense and Security Council of Ukraine (NSDC), and Mykola Azarov, Prime Minister of Ukraine from 2010 to 2014.

Some of these politicians have contacts with Russian intelligence agents currently involved in planning an attack on Ukraine, the British ministry said in a statement.

“This information sheds light on the extent of Russian activities aimed at undermining Ukraine and provides insight into the mindset of the Kremlin,” British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said in a statement.

“Russia needs to de-escalate, put an end to its campaigns of aggression and disinformation, and follow the path of diplomacy. As the UK and our partners have repeatedly stated, any Russian military intervention in Ukraine would be a huge strategic blunder with serious costs. Truss added.

The British government reiterates its “unconditional” support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders, including Crimea.

See also  South Korea coronavirus cases highest since March: Live news | News

This information comes at a time of intense contacts between Russia and the United States over tensions caused by the deployment of Russian troops on the border with Ukraine.

Continue Reading

Trending