Connect with us

entertainment

Brexit News: EU Shuts Down Nicola Sturgeon’s Conspiracy After SNP Calls Alarm for No Deal | Policy | news

Published

on

Brexit News: EU Shuts Down Nicola Sturgeon's Conspiracy After SNP Calls Alarm for No Deal |  Policy |  news

Boris Johnson has set a five-week deadline for negotiating a free trade agreement to reach an agreement, or for both parties to agree to an agreement when the current transition period ends at the end of the year. But senior Scottish officials reacted with dismay after it was revealed that the government was ready to introduce new legislation that could overturn key elements of the Withdrawal Agreement that secured Britain’s exit from the bloc in January.

Downing Street said the government is offering “limited clarifications” to the law to ensure that ministers can maintain the achievements of the Good Friday Agreement in the absence of a deal.

Now the SNP leadership in Scotland is considering options for cooperation with Europe amid fears that Lord Frost and his negotiating team may abandon negotiations without a deal.

Express.co.uk understands that the Scottish government could potentially seek warmer discussions with Brussels about their future relationship due to concerns about an increase in no-deal.

A Scottish government source said it was “necessary to respect the will of the Scottish people,” adding that future relations with the EU are “important.”

Constitutional Secretary Michael Russell MSP said the Scottish government is taking steps to prepare for this worst-case scenario.

When asked about Scotland’s relationship with Brussels, Mr. Russell told Express.co.uk that Holyrood is committed to “productive dialogue with everyone we work with.”

He stressed: “We are very sorry that it is so difficult at this time to do this with the UK government, which seems to want to dominate rather than debate.

See also  Vibration State Map Tapers, But Biden Still Leads Trump: NPR

“Nobody cares about the absence of a deal.”

READ MORE: Tory Launches A Conspiracy to Subvert New SNP Hate Crime Law

The Holyrood bill could provide continuity for a provision that would otherwise be lost with Brexit, and also includes provisions to ensure that EU environmental principles and governance in Scotland are preserved.

In part, this could lead to the creation of a new body called the Environmental Standards of Scotland to ensure compliance with environmental laws.

Fergus Match, head of the Eu + Me campaign, a cross-party campaign to keep Scotland in the EU supported by the majority of Scotland’s political elite, said: “The Prime Minister’s determination to bring the country so dangerously close to the abyss. “No deal” is as reckless as it is deeply troubling.

“Let’s be clear: under no circumstances will this be a ‘good outcome’.

“A tough Brexit means economic disaster before we hit the global pandemic. Now the consequences are unthinkable. “

Earlier this summer, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon and Mark Drakeford wrote to Boris Johnson asking for an extension of the Brexit process.

Ms Sturgeon believes it takes more time to complete negotiations and support business by recovering from the coronavirus pandemic.

Mr. Russell made it clear that the UK government is now “racing towards a disastrous Brexit outcome in the midst of a deep recession and global pandemic.”

He added: “With talks with the EU due to resume tomorrow, the UK has put itself in a position where it can get out of the transition with one of two dire results – either a low deal or no deal. Either it will undoubtedly hit jobs in Scotland and the Scottish economy hard. ”

See also  Manchester United transfer news RECAP Jadon Sancho to Man Utd and David Brooks latest news

He stressed that Scotland’s interests “suffer as the entire UK government is mired in chaos and confusion.”

He concluded by saying, “The Scottish Government remains firmly convinced that the people of Scotland have the right to choose their future and are determined to do so.”

A UK government spokesman said: “At all stages, we have made it clear that we want the best possible outcome for the whole UK.

“We will continue to work with the autonomous administrations to agree on a modern system of support for enterprises, jobs and trade in a way that benefits all members of the Union.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

entertainment

Bradley Cooper starred in a nude scene: “It was very hard”

Published

on

Bradley Cooper starred in a nude scene: "It was very hard"

(reproduction on Instagram, nightmare movie)

Just over a week left before the premiere. Alley of Nightmares, a thriller psychological William Del Toro, which features a lavish cast including Cate Blanchett, Toni Collette, Rooney Mara and Bradley Cooper. The actor spoke about filming Hollywood Reporter and his submission to the character.

“We wanted [o ator e o realizador] to really explore the theme of the film, and to really do that, we needed to be emotionally naked and full of soul.he began by counting. But the same script happened literally for the project, it was the first time the 47-year-old actor had starred in a frontal nudity scene, a decision not taken lightly.

I remember reading the script and thinking, “He’s a punk in this tub, and he’s serving history.” You must do it” commented on the first contact with the script, which received several suggestions from the actors. “I still remember the day when stayed naked in front of the team for six hoursand it was Toni Collette’s first day. It was like “Wow”. It was very hard.”, described the film, which took two and a half years to shoot.

In the same interview, Bradley Cooper assured that it was not unreasonable nudity and that he never backed down from his decision.

See also  Manchester United transfer news RECAP Jadon Sancho to Man Utd and David Brooks latest news
Continue Reading

entertainment

Laura Figueiredo takes her daughter to work: “I’m afraid to send her to school”

Published

on

Laura Figueiredo takes her daughter to work: "I'm afraid to send her to school"

This Monday, January 17th, Laura Figueiredo shared a few stories in your instagram page, where he reveals that he took his daughter with him, Beatriceto work and explains why.

“On Friday, Bia arrived with a brutal virus. On Saturday after dinner it felt better there, but yesterday … “, began with an explanation, showing that a four-year-old girl was in the hospital and that she did not have Covid-19.

Then the former presenter Fama Show explained why he decided to take his daughter to work with him: “Today is better? Yes. But if only yesterday I had a virus, I’m afraid to send it to school today, no go she gives it to some little friend, some little friend who might have a little brother at home, a pregnant mother. This is my way of thinking. I know that not everyone has the opportunity to take their children to work, but if they can … “.

“I am not saying that those who send their children to school do not think about others. This is not a criticism guys. This is my share and understand how you think”he added.

MICHAEL CARREIRA SHARING ROMANTIC MOMENTS WITH LAURA FIGUEIREDO

to a companion Mikael Carreira He also said that this is the second virus he has contracted, as did his daughter: “Ninja recovered in 24 hours and I am still looking for my body because my soul has run away. I already realized that I am a person who never gets sick, but I should have zero resistance to childhood viruses..

Finally, Laura Figueiredo shared pictures of herself with her daughter and dog. Snow, after hours. “We all went to work. It feels like we went on vacation or on a tour. Tomorrow we go toglue,” he concluded.

See also  Experience masks in faculties could 'rebuild confidence' in system, suggests previous education and learning secretary

Continue Reading

entertainment

Journalist Luis Maya in mourning. “The woman who raised me is dead”

Published

on

Journalist Luis Maya in mourning.  "The woman who raised me is dead"

luís Maia is going through this Monday, January 17, a particularly painful day. The SIC journalist said goodbye to one of the most important people in his life, his godmother.

“The woman who raised me died, who accompanied me in my childhood, youth, in all difficult moments, who conveyed to me values, who taught me the importance of respect, honesty and gratitude. It is thanks to her that I am here. today. I owe him my life,” he begins with a statement in a farewell message he shared on his official Instagram account.

“She is my godmother, but I have the same love for her as a son for his mother,” he assures.

“Lately, I just breathed. He didn’t move anymore. He didn’t communicate. I was just waiting for her time to come. memories of beautiful moments and everything I would rather believe you heard the words I said to you when I went to say goodbye days before I took my last breath.
I love you godmother. Forever ends.

To these emotional words, Luis Maya added a charming photograph in which he appeared next to such an important woman in his life.

Read also: Paulo Vintem in mourning after the death of his grandfather. “I’ll miss you”

Always be the first to know.
6th year in a row Consumers Choice and Five Star Award for Online Press.
Download our free app.

See also  Manchester United transfer news RECAP Jadon Sancho to Man Utd and David Brooks latest news
Continue Reading

Trending