Connect with us

sport

Padres trade top prospect Taylor Trammell to Mariners for Austin Nola as section of 7-participant offer

Published

on

Padres trade top prospect Taylor Trammell to Mariners for Austin Nola as part of 7-player deal

The San Diego Padres on Sunday acquired catcher Austin Nola from the Seattle Mariners as part of a seven-participant offer, resources told ESPN.

Part of the return for Seattle is a single of San Diego’s prime potential customers, outfielder Taylor Trammell. Other gamers provided in the Mariners’ haul are infielder Ty France, catcher Luis Torrens and suitable-handed reduction pitcher Andres Munoz.

Headed to the Padres are relievers Austin Adams and Dan Altavilla, sources said. A huge-time ideal-handed arm who struck out 51 in 31 innings past calendar year, Adams has been recovering from ACL operation but will return before long and should really be a nice addition for San Diego along with the not too long ago acquired Trevor Rosenthal.

Nola is hitting .306 this period for Seattle, with 5 property runs and 19 RBIs in 29 online games as the team’s most important backstop. Final period, he batted .269 with 10 homers and 31 RBIs in 79 games.

Trammell was dealt by Cincinnati to the Padres very last year in a three-way trade involving the Cleveland Indians.

Trammell is rated the Padres’ No. 5 prospect and MLB’s 75th all round by ESPN’s Kiley McDaniel.

He strike .234 with 10 home runs, 43 RBIs and 20 stolen bases in 126 online games in Double-A very last year.

Nola is the more mature brother of Philadelphia Phillies suitable-handed starter Aaron Nola.

The Padres at the moment have the next-most wins (21) in the Nationwide League, trailing only division rival Los Angeles (26). They are wanting to conclude a playoff drought relationship again to 2006.

See also  A BOLA - Pogakar wins Pyrenees Premier Stage (Return to France)

San Diego has been fast paced as Monday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline techniques, buying slugger Mitch Moreland from the Boston Red Sox previously Sunday and also undertaking a offer for Los Angeles Angels veteran catcher Jason Castro, according to sources. Individuals moves came on the heels of them earning a significant splash with their trade for Kansas City’s Rosenthal on Saturday.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

sport

BAL – st. Juste talks about first impressions of Ruben Amorim (Sporting)

Published

on

BAL - st.  Juste talks about first impressions of Ruben Amorim (Sporting)

Jeremiah St. Juste became the main novelty at the start of the new season of Sporting. The 25-year-old centre-back spoke to Jornal Sporting, sharing, among other things, his first impression of Ruben Amorim.

“I can’t reveal too much, but Mr. imposes very attacking football, with a lot of pressure and a lot of combinations with the ball coming from behind. The way the coach thinks about football suits me quite well, as it includes high pressure, ball possession and attacking football,” the Dutchman explained.

Jeremiah St. Just became a father last Sunday and showed up at Alcochete a day later at the start of work: “I had a girl and now a boy, those were very exciting days. We have already held the first two training sessions of the new season, and I am very pleased. It’s been a bit hectic and crazy days, but I feel really good.”

Having been to the Netherlands and Germany, the defender is now gearing up for adventures in Portuguese football: “I know Portugal has a lot of good ball players and a lot of good players in the league. I believe that the Portuguese league will be useful for my development as a player.”

St. Juste acknowledged that the fact that Sporting are in the Champions League influenced the decision to go to Alvalade and left a message for the Sporting fans: “I will press hard, attack and help the defense with my speed. I also hope I can score some goals, who knows. I can’t wait to see the fans in the stadiums.”

Continue Reading

sport

BALL – Mbemba makes decision (Porto)

Published

on

BALL - Mbemba makes decision (Porto)

On the first day after the end of his contract with Porto, Chancel Mbemba posted on social media on Friday morning suggesting he is leaving the club he has represented for the past four seasons.

“It is with great emotion that I announce the end of my contract with Porto. I have decided not to renew the contract and take on a new challenge,” wrote the defender, leaving words of gratitude:

“I want to thank the president and his entire team, coach Sergio Conceição and his technical team for believing in me, the medical team for their professionalism and all the people who work at the Olival training center. Thanks to all my teammates because we are a team and we are progressing together. We progress together and we win together. I couldn’t finish without thanking the club’s incredible supporters. Without you, nothing would be possible and there would not even be such magic! Forever I will be a Dragon! Thank you for everything, thank you Porto, thank you Portugal!”

Signed in the summer of 2018 from Newcastle, Mbemba, who turns 28 next month, is saying goodbye to Dragao after 138 games (9 goals). He helped win two national titles and two Portuguese Cups, in addition to the Supercopa Candido de Oliveira.

See also  Inadequate weather conditions delays FC Dallas-Nashville match pregame anthem cancelled
Continue Reading

sport

BALL – Nadal reveals: “I was going to retire two weeks ago” (Tennis)

Published

on

BALL - Nadal reveals: "I was going to retire two weeks ago" (Tennis)

After the victory over the Lithuanian Rikardas Berankis (6-4, 6-4, 4-6 and 6-3), Rafael Nadal, who entered the third round of Wimbledon, left an unexpected spurt. The 36-year-old Spanish tennis player explained to reporters that he was about to put an end to his career.

“Two weeks ago I was going to retire, now I don’t think so. I am not afraid of the day when I have to give up my career because I have a very happy life outside of tennis. It’s true that this sport has been an important part of me for the last 30 years, but I also have good things outside of it. When this happens, it will be a change that I will have to get used to, but at the moment it is normal to talk about the end of the career of athletes who have been at the highest level for so many years, ”he explained.

Finally, he also spoke about the caution he has shown regarding Covid-19, a situation that has already resulted in three tennis players withdrawing from the tournament.

“This is not paranoia, this is reality. My good friend had to leave, Roberto Bautista. Basically, I just stay at home and go to the tournament, which is what I have been doing for the last two years. I’m not saying it’s right because we’ll have to go back to normal, but when that might happen…”

See also  Francisco J. Marquez again criticizes the government with his "champion of the schools of the Dragon Force" - FC Porto
Continue Reading

Trending