Connect with us

World

Afghan lady in Taliban peace talks injured in ‘assassination attempt’

Published

on

Afghan woman in Taliban peace talks injured in 'assassination attempt'

An Afghan woman associated in negotiations among the federal government and the Taliban to end a 19-12 months war in the state was injured in an “assassination attempt,” officers mentioned.

AFGHANISTAN Starts RELEASING Very last TALIBAN PRISONERS AS PEACE Offer FORGES Ahead

Fawzia Koofi, who is also a women’s legal rights activist and a powerful critic of the Taliban, was attacked late Friday afternoon near the cash of Kabul when she was at a industry with her sister in the Qarabagh district, Tariq Arian, a spokesman for the Inside Ministry said.

Afghan politician Fawzia Koofi speaks to media in advance of the “intra-Afghan” talks in Moscow, Russia, in 2019. (AP Picture/Pavel Golovkin)

Gunmen opened hearth on Koofi and she suffered “small injuries.”

The head of the Afghan peace delegation, Mohammad Masoom Stanekzai, tweeted that Koofi had survived the attack and was “in fantastic health and fitness.”

Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, the chairman of the Large Council for Countrywide Reconciliation reported he strongly condemns the assault on Koofi and will “call on the authorities to recognize and apprehend the culprits and feasible motive for the assault”

The delegation is gearing up for peace talks that could get put as early as Aug. 20 in Qatar, where the Taliban has a headquarters.

Negotiations on a mutual peace settlement that had been intended to get started in March have extensive been at a standstill. The Afghan authorities released 80 of the remaining 400 Taliban prisoners Thursday, paving the way for renewing talks.

Prisoner releases on both sides are aspect of a pact signed in February among the U.S. and the Taliban that termed for liberating 5,000 Taliban held by the federal government and 1,000 govt and navy staff held by the insurgent team as a goodwill gesture.

See also  Peabody, the smallest horse in the world that weighs as much as a watermelon.

The U.S. peace offer aims to recruit the Taliban to combat Islamic State militants in Afghanistan, a mutual enemy. The Taliban and the Islamic Point out are staunch rivals.

President Ashraf Ghani condemned the attack versus Koofi and explained “cowardly assaults on Afghan ladies activists will not stop their dedication to guard the values of the last 19 decades in Afghanistan.”

No one particular instantly claimed obligation. Equally Taliban and Islamic Condition affiliate marketers keep on to carry out attacks towards Afghan authorities figures, and the United Nations called Friday for the defense of human rights defenders in Afghanistan.

Simply click Listed here FOR THE FOX News App

The Affiliated Press contributed to this report. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Cannabis supporter, porn actor and former clown among candidates in Brazil elections – News

Published

on

A week before the first round of elections in Brazil, federal candidate Dario, who intends to represent the voters of the state of Minas Gerais, posted a video on the social network Tik Tok in which he dances in support of the legalization of cannabis (marijuana). ).

“The bull, the bullet and the Bible, it only embarrasses us, now we want to see a marijuana shop,” says the refrain of a parody in which the candidate of the Party and Socialism and Freedom (Psol) appears dancing with other people, originally published on Tik Tok. but which went viral on other platforms and social networks used in the country.

The success of the candidate’s campaign for the decriminalization of marijuana – in Brazil this drug is completely prohibited – was so great that the comedian, writer and actor Gregorio Duvivier released a video asking him to vote: unity around Darius.

Among the 10,629 federal candidates registered with the Supreme Electoral Court (TSE), the former porn actor known as Kid Bengala, who is running for a Congressional seat from União Brasil to represent the population of the state of São Paulo, has also taken notice.

In his campaign videos, the actor assures that he “can’t take this wrinkled Congress any longer” and that “it’s time to make Brazil grow.”

“I decided to innovate to end this mess. I agree with everything,” Kid Bengala says in a video on his TikTok channel, which has almost two million followers.

An old acquaintance of the Brazilian public, MP and former clown Tiririca is trying to run for a fourth term in Congress from Sao Paulo from the Liberal Party (PL).

See also  Peabody, the smallest horse in the world that weighs as much as a watermelon.

Tiririka, who in 2010 became the country’s most popular MP, this time appears dancing in an election video in which he addresses his electorate by saying, “Vote for me, you moron!”

In October, Brazil will elect the next president, 27 state governors, 513 federal deputies, 27 senators and hundreds of parliamentarians who will form part of the state assemblies.

In the presidential elections in Brazil, the first round is scheduled for October 2, and the second, if necessary, for October 30.

Ten candidates are running in the Brazilian presidential election: Jair Bolsonaro, Luis Inacio Lula da Silva, Ciro Gomez, Simone Tebet, Luis Felipe D’Avila, Soraya Tronicke, Eimael, Leonardo Pericle, Sofia Manzano and Vera Lucia.

Continue Reading

World

Italy’s exit forecasts bring right-wing coalition victory

Published

on

Exit forecasts in Italy point to a right-wing coalition victory, with Georgia Meloni’s far-right Fratelli d’Italia (Brothers of Italy) party winning the most votes.

If the victory is confirmed, it will be the first time that the Italian government has far-right members. In addition, this may be the first time that a woman has headed the Italian government.

Operating Systems first official results legislation should only be known this Monday morning.

[Última atualização às 23:55 de 25-09-2022]

Due to partisan dispersion, no party can get a majority enough to govern alone.

The right has reached a coalition deal that could bring Meloni to power, along with former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s conservative Forza Italia party and Matteo Salvini’s Anti-Immigration Liga.

According to the first predictions the second place was taken by the Democratic PartyEnrico Letta, with 17% against 21% of the vote.

Predictions of party results:

  • Siblings from Italy: 22% to 26%
  • Democratic Party: 17% to 21%
  • Five Star Movement: 13.5% to 17.5%
  • Northern League: from 8.5% to 12.5%
  • Share – Viva Italy: from 6.5% to 8.5%
  • Italian Strength: 6% to 8%
  • Left/Green Alliance: 3% to 5%
  • + Europe: 2.5% and 4.5%
  • Italevit: 0.5% and 2.5%
  • We Moderates: 0.5% to 2.5%
  • Democratic Center: 0% to 2%
  • Others: 4% to 6%

Forecasts of coalition results:

  • Centre-Right: 41%-45%
  • Left Center: 25.5%-29.5%
  • 5 stars Movement: 13.5%-17.5%

Number of abstentions

According to the Ministry of the Interior, at 23:00, when the polls closed in Italy, the turnout was 64%, which means the level about 36% abstained. If these values ​​are confirmed, it will be an increase of nine percentage points compared to 2018.

See also  In Japan, third person dies after suspected infection with Moderna vaccine - News

Seats in the Senate

A centre-right coalition is preparing to take control of the Italian Senate after the general election. providing from 111 to 131 seats in the Upper House.

The centre-left should have 33 to 53 senators, the 5 Star Movement (M5S) 14 to 34, and the third centrist pole Azione-Italia Viva four to 12 seats, according to an exit poll cited by ANSA.

More than 50 million Italians were called to vote in this legislative election.

Continue Reading

World

Russia vows to correct ‘mistakes’ after calling sick, elderly and students

Published

on

When Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on Wednesday a partial mobilization of reservists for the conflict in Ukraine, he said that only people with “appropriate” military knowledge or experience would be called up.

But many expressed indignation after cases surfaced, sometimes absurd, about the call-up of people unfit for service.

In the Volgograd region, a training center sent home a 63-year-old retired military man with diabetes and neurological problems.

In the same area, the director of a small rural school, 58-year-old Alexander Faltin, received a summons despite his lack of military experience.

His daughter posted the video on social media, which quickly went viral. After that, he managed to return home, having familiarized himself with the documents, the RIA Novosti agency reports.

Senate Chairwoman Valentina Matviyenko asked this Sunday to pay close attention to mobilization campaigns.

“Mistakes of mobilization (…) cause a strong reaction in society, and rightly so,” he wrote on Telegram.

These mistakes are yet another example of the logistical problems that have arisen since Russia’s offensive into Ukraine began in February. On Saturday, Russia announced the replacement of its top general in charge of logistics in the midst of a mobilization campaign.

However, the authorities present the mobilization of the theoretically freed as isolated cases – but even in this case, the consequences must be taken into account.

Valery Fadeev, chairman of the Kremlin’s human rights council, urged Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu to “solve the problems urgently” so as not to “undermine the people’s trust.”

In support of what happened, he cited several cases, such as the recruitment of 70 parents from large families in the eastern region of Buryatia and nurses and midwives without military training.

See also  Peabody, the smallest horse in the world that weighs as much as a watermelon.

Fadeev said they were all summoned “under the threat of a criminal court” and also criticized those who “distribute subpoenas at two in the morning, as if they were taking everyone as deserters,” which causes “dissatisfaction,” he warned.

Several students told AFP they received calls despite authorities promising not to include them in the mobilization campaign.

On Saturday, Putin signed a decree confirming that students from vocational and higher educational institutions are exempt from mobilization.

Another situation that has generated controversy is the case of protesters against the offensive in Ukraine who received mobilization orders during their detention. The Kremlin said there was “nothing illegal” in these cases.

Continue Reading

Trending