Connect with us

Top News

A fence goes up in Chicago right after the mayor scolded people gathered at Montrose Beach front

Published

on

A fence goes up in Chicago after the mayor scolded residents gathered at Montrose Beach
“It’s called a pandemic, people today. This reckless conduct on Montrose Beach is what will cause us to shut down the parks and lakefront,” the mayor posted on Twitter Saturday. “Never make us just take ways backwards.”

In the photo accompanying her article, dozens can be noticed crowding in their bathing suits on the grass, ditching both equally facial area masks and social distancing suggestions. Overall health officers and industry experts all throughout the US have urged that, until a vaccine has been securely produced, social distancing and face coverings are the country’s most effective tools in the fight versus coronavirus. But in recent months, nearby and point out leaders have grappled with convincing Individuals to abide by those guidelines.

“In situation you ended up questioning, I stopped by to see for myself,” the mayor extra. “It can be becoming resolved.”

Hrs following Lightfoot designed an look on the scene, fencing went up wherever people today experienced beforehand collected, Michele Lemons, a Park District spokeswoman informed the Chicago Tribune.
“The Chicago Park District set up fencing at Montrose Beach front to deter massive gatherings like these observed (Saturday). While the lakefront path is open up, Chicago’s seashores and parkland east of Lake Shore Push keep on being closed under the Chicago Section of Public Health’s government order,” Lemons instructed the newspaper.
Mick Montesi told CNN affiliate WBBM he noticed the mayor occur out to the region with a cameraman and choose shots of the crowds.

He explained the scene the mayor captured was what had been using put above the previous two months.

See also  Hot Property: Former Duck Andrew Cogliano sells a house on Newport Beach

“In particular person and in the flesh, it is not as lousy as that photograph implies,” Montesi told the affiliate.

“I fully grasp in which her disappointment is and issue is coming from,” Justin Schneider, who also talked to the news station, explained. “The place are people today anticipated to go to when the shorelines are closed it truly is 95 levels out?”

Mayor and governor have responded to increased cases

A information launch from the mayor’s place of work on July 20 mentioned the metropolis was back in “a significant-incidence condition” and various limits were reinstated in response to a increase in conditions, like minimizing social gathering dimensions in bars and eating places.

The increase in cases was driven in component by people amongst the ages of 18 and 29 who have been gathering in social configurations which includes bars, dining establishments, parks and the lakefront, the information launch said.

“If we are heading to gain against the best public well being obstacle we’ve ever faced, none of us can pay for to sit on the sidelines and warm the benches,” Lightfoot mentioned in a different statement that week urging younger citizens to put on experience masks and heed rules. “We are unable to find the money for to permit our guard down — it truly is time to group up with your masks up.”

In a news convention on Sunday, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker pleaded with people to don masks as the state described a lot more than 2,000 everyday new conditions on both Friday and Saturday. The state documented about 1,382 new scenarios of the virus Sunday.

See also  Bald eagle nests are seen on Cape Cod for the first time in 115 years

“Think about if a person could wander into a cafe, light a cigarette, blow smoke in your facial area, and all the smoker experienced to say is, ‘well it can be my preference,'” the governor claimed in his statement.

Above the weekend, the governor’s office introduced new procedures which would give nearby officers much more energy to enforce recommendations all around gatherings and confront masks. People principles will incorporate fining businesses, soon after at the very least two warnings, with up to $,2500, the governor’s office claimed.

“We are seeing scenarios growing just about every working day and hearing about individuals not complying with the masking mandate. This rule is an exertion to aid preserve all of us wholesome and minimize the possibility of contracting COVID-19,” Dr. Ngozi Ezike, the director of the Illinois Department of Community Overall health explained in a statement.

CNN’s Hollie Silverman and Jennifer Selva contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Parties vote against free Portuguese language education abroad | Assembly of the Republic

Published

on

Parties vote against free Portuguese language education abroad |  Assembly of the Republic

The diplomas voted this Friday in the Assembly of the Republic, which offered free teaching of the Portuguese language abroad, were rejected: the Socialist Party voted against and the PSD, among others, abstained.

Continue Reading

Top News

The Portuguese player who stole the CR7 stage in the Cup is married to the first girl he met in high school

Published

on

Portugal international Bruno Fernandez rose to prominence during the World Cup in Qatar. The star, who also plays for England’s Manchester United, scored one more goal than Cristiano Ronaldo and played a crucial role in securing Portugal a place in the round of 16.

At the age of 28, the Portuguese has a very quiet personal life and is the father of two children. The star married in 2015, when he was 21, the first and only girl in his life, the Portuguese Ana Piño.

Adult film muse Elisa Sanchez poses with her body painted at a rehearsal for the World Cup.

Bruno Fernandes and Ana Pinho Photo: reproduction / Instagram

Bruno and Ana’s love story began in Porto, Portugal. They met at the school where they studied together, started dating and since then have not parted.

At the beginning of the relationship, Bruno played for the Portuguese club Boavista, so he easily managed to be with Ana and train.

When the player needed to move to Italy to improve his career, Ana supported the star and two years later she was asked to marry him.

They married at the end of 2015, and in 2017 they had Matilda Fernandez, the couple’s first daughter. Three years later, in 2020, Goncalo Fernandes was born, who completed the team of football fans played by Bruno.

Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes Photo: reproduction / Instagram
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes
Ana Pinho and Bruno Fernandes Photo: reproduction / Instagram

Ana, Mathilde and Gonzalo are always present in the Portuguese games, which is very important in raising children.

Bruno Fernandes and family
Bruno Fernandes and family Photo: Reproduction / Instagram

Last Monday, when he scored two goals for Portugal, Bruno revealed during an interview that the kids predicted his performance against Uruguay. The children were optimistic. Woman, not so much.

See also  Norwegian landslides swept buildings to sea, dogs survived

“Before the game, my children said that I would score two goals. Mother even thought it was an exaggeration, maybe now she doesn’t think it’s so exaggerated, ”Bruno joked.

Continue Reading

Top News

“Now you die, I’ll burn everything.” Portuguese man arrested in Spain suspected of setting wife on fire – Observer

Published

on

"Now you die, I'll burn everything."  Portuguese man arrested in Spain suspected of setting wife on fire - Observer

Catalan justice has ordered the preventive detention of a man of Portuguese nationality for allegedly burning a 48-year-old woman alive. The suspect doused his companion with alcohol with rosemary and acetone, set fire to the house in which he lived in Lleida, while telling her: “Now you will die, I will burn everything.”

According to El Periodico, the 39-year-old man was detained on Monday, while a companion was rushed to the burn unit of the Hospital de la Vall d’Hebron, where she still has burns over 18% of her body.

or country Details that, in addition to trying to burn her, the man tried to strangle her. According to the indictment seen by the same newspaper, the victim went to bed around 11:00 pm, and the partner was still at home. Shortly after that, he left, and when he returned, he began to poke something in the woman’s face. “I will kill you,” I told him.

Companion managed to get out of bed, but the alleged intruder splashed acetone in his face. It was there that the man allegedly set fire to the house and tried to strangle her. The woman ran away, but she was pulled when she went down the stairs: “Let’s go, I’m on fire too.”

The building where the couple lived was destroyed by fire. However, the man denies this version, arguing that there was a quarrel, but that when he came home, there was already a fire. However, the judge who heard him considered that the explanations were “inaccurate” and there were “contradictions”.

See also  Negative thinking is associated with dementia later in life, the study found

When asked why the woman came up with this story, the Portuguese man limited himself to the fact that “when she is annoyed”, her partner “does not know what he is saying”: “When he gets angry, he tries to hurt everyone.”

In turn, one of the witnesses – a neighbor of the couple – told the authorities that the couple quarreled, despite the fact that they had never witnessed a single episode of physical violence. On Monday, a neighbor overheard their quarrel and went out on the balcony at dawn and heard the cry of a 48-year-old woman: “Don’t kill me, don’t kill me, don’t kill me.”

THE PUB • CONTINUE TO READ BELOW

Continue Reading

Trending