Connect with us

Top News

Yoenis Cespedes ‘looks like a monster’

Published

on

Yoenis Cespedes 'looks like a monster'

Luis Rojas is optimistic and Michael Conforto is truly effusive, praising his team mate.

It’s only two days leading to spring 2.0 training, but Yoenis Cespedes already has the Mets who believe he can make a big impact in this 60-match short season.

“He looks like a monster,” Conforto said, smiling on Saturday at Zoom’s call from Citi Field. “He looks like he’s motivated. He looks like he’s in shape. I’ve seen a number of things he did to prepare himself, some videos of him exercising on his farm, he must be hungry.”

Cespedes, who was absent throughout last season and most of 2018 suffered multiple leg injuries, regularly does direct hitting and catching flying balls on the field during short spring training. Rojas received a positive report that he was running during the 19th COVID layoff, offering hope for returning to action. On Fridays and Saturdays, Cespedes takes part in light training without limits.

Yoenis Cespedes
Yoenis CespedesCorey Sipkin

The first year manager warned that in the days to come there would be more tests for Cespedes because the exercise increased intensity and he had to prove able to run the base. However, so far, many positive things, especially with the emergence of DH in the National League, give sluggers the opportunity to avoid playing full-time playing.

“He moves well,” Rojas said. “He looks very good, moves, and also plays flying balls. He has a few drive lines back, a drive line and so he looks good in getting the position of Fungo, so I hope to keep the bat developing looking at things and maybe when we get a few bats alive- he can play back there in defense. “

See also  Rajapaksa brothers win by landslide in Sri Lanka's election | Sri Lanka News

It has been a long time since the 34-year-old Cespedes last played for the Mets, his last match coming on July 20, 2018. Since then, he has had surgery on each of his heels and suffered an ankle fracture due to an accident on his farm involving wild boar. Now he plays for a contract, in his last season of a four-year contract, $ 110 million. When he was healthy, he had been in production, reaching two All-Star Games and leading the Mets to postseason in his first two years with them in 2015 and 2016.

He will definitely be a significant addition to an already tough lineup. That will deepen the Mets’ punch sequence, creating the 3-4-5 potential of potential Cespedes, Pete Alonso and Conforto.

“He is just the guy you missed,” Conforto said. “I’m glad he’s back and he feels good. Hopefully he can do what he does best for us and really bring lightning with his stick and make some great games on the pitch.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  Regulators forbid Encino contractors from offering PACE loans
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Gilbert Burns whipped Tyron Woodley unanimously

Continue Reading

Trending