Connect with us

Top News

Yankees’ Aroldis Chapman uses shutdown to shredded

Published

on

Yankees' Aroldis Chapman uses shutdown to shredded

Viewed through the small rectangular Zoom box, the upper arm still looks like a pier rope connected to an iron shoulder.

When MLB closed spring training on March 12 and the coronavirus removed the regular season action in April, May, June and most of July, Aroldis Chapman went to work on a chisel body that pumps the ball fast into three digits from the left side.

Six days a week at his home in Davie, Florida, the Yankees’ home is closer to work, looking to lose weight from the 6-foot-4, 218-pound frame he reported to spring training in Tampa with in February.

“I really want to take advantage of that, really want to cut a few pounds during quarantine and be at home and practice at home,” Chapman said during Zoom’s call before Tuesday’s intrasquad match at Yankee Stadium. “I can do that, I can cut a few pounds, 10 pounds, and I feel very good now. I find myself very heavy for an athlete. “

Ten pounds lost would make Chapman 208 and according to the belief that the older an athlete the lighter he should be. Chapman was 32 in February and this is the 10th year in the big leagues, the fifth with the Yankees he has saved 111 matches.

When last seen throwing in a calculated game, Chapman handed a two-run homer to the Houston Altuve Houston in the ninth inning of Game ALCS six years ago which ended the Yankees season and pushed the Astros to the World Series where they lost to the Nationals.

See also  Katz's Deli offers outdoor eating for initial time in its 132-yr history

A lot has changed since then because of COVID-19. If MLB can complete spring training and start a regular 60-match season schedule, it will do so with a lot of rules on the new pitch and the big one in the stadium: no fans.

For a pitcher who grew up with emotion to stir his spirits, what that meant for Chapman was something he didn’t know.

“That’s a good question. I have to contact you for that. I have to see how it feels. “I would be better suited to give you a better answer,” Chapman said. “After I get into the game and see that reality.”

Aroldis ChapmanCharles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Aaron Hicks honors Negro League Baseball during Tuesday night pregame practice at Yankee Stadium. His black T-shirt that says Negro League Baseball around the NL are interlocked on the front and “They Play For Us So We Can” on the back.


One night after sitting behind a home plate with GM Brian Cashman and evaluating players, CC Sabathia was clearly reducing the ball in the right-center area during a practice hit on Tuesday at the Stadium.

Sabathia, who joined Cashman in the chair again Tuesday night, worked in the Yankees’ front office with a special advisory title and wore the same T-shirt that Hicks wore.

Kyle Higashioka was originally on the Bombers line for intrasquad games Tuesday night but was scratched by his stiff neck.


Clint Frazier replaces Higashioka as DH, the second night in a row he is not on the field.

“She is fine. He has had a few foot problems that he has had over the last few months, “said Aaron Boone about Frazier.” He has been able to do everything from running and playing outside so we are a bit slow playing it here in the first few days. “

See also  Mary Trump appeared in written testimony as a battle over the publication of her rampaging book

Although not everyone in the field wears a mask during pregame activities, Frazier wears a mask as long as he is in the field.


Judge Aaron went 0-for-3 with two balls flying into the right field warning lane.


Because Miguel Andujar took the ground ball at the third base before the Monday night intrasquad match, Boone was asked on Tuesday whether Andujar’s idea of ​​playing off the field had been changed slightly.

“Not really, he will play outside [Tuesday night]”Boone said of Andujar, who was in the left field for the bomber and hit the second against Gerrit Cole.” We will move it back and forth. He has gotten a defensive job on the field too. “

Andujar moved to the field directly from Cole in the first inning.


Boone understands throwing a baseball around a diamond after being discouraged is not recommended but not sure it’s the right rule.

“We have to finish that,” Boone said.


The Yankees are waiting at DJ LeMahieu and Luis Cessa to each take the COVID-19 test which returns negative so they can move closer to joining spring 2.0 training.

“Waiting for the two people where they test negatively several times and get to the point where they can enter the intake section,” Boone said of the second baseman and left-handed throwers who tested positive and were quarantined away from the team.


When it is clear that COVID-19 will close the MLB game for more than two weeks at the start of the season, some say the longer the shutdown lasts, the more profitable the Yankees who have Giancarlo Stanton, Judge and Hicks are ready to land on the injured list for Opening Day on March 26 .

See also  Essence of the Portuguese

It worked like that for all of them but especially for Judge, whose right upper rib didn’t allow him to start swinging until two weeks ago.

“I think in many ways, the time was perfectly organized and worked very well,” said Boone, who started the Judge in the right field for the second night in a row. “They began the development that began with him swinging in the pool, dry swing, etc. and at the point where they considered it safe for him to start doing that. That coincides with working perfectly at this point as far as where we are at the camp and when Opening Day will occur. “

It will be July 23 against the Nationals in Washington if MLB doesn’t have to close the game again because of COVID-19.

Jonathan Loaisiga arrived from Nicaragua on Monday and underwent intake tests.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  Offering tours in Portuguese, Civitatis targets the Brazilian market.
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Offering tours in Portuguese, Civitatis targets the Brazilian market.

Continue Reading

Trending