Connect with us

Top News

The replacement option for DJ LeMahieu from the Yankees starts with Tyler Wade

Published

on

The replacement option for DJ LeMahieu from the Yankees starts with Tyler Wade

With 13 days until the scheduled Opening Day match in Washington, the Yankees don’t know whether they will get second All-Star baseman DJ LeMahieu back from the injury list.

Like pitcher Luis Cessa, LeMahieu tested positive for COVID-19 before spring 2.0 training opened last week and was quarantined at home. Until they each pass the intake test at Yankee Stadium, no one can start exercising.

Do not have LeMahieu – All-Star three times who have won three Gold Gloves in second base and finished fourth in the AL MVP vote last year after reaching 0.327 with 26 homers and 102 RBI – will be a serious blow to the Yankees. Regardless of who manager Aaron Boone plays second, he will not be LeMahieu on the pitch or on the plate.

Before Thursday night’s intrasquad match at Yankee Stadium, Boone was encouraged about where LeMahieu, who was 32 on Monday, physically but discussed the possibility of needing charging.

“DJ, like any player, I would feel happy about where he is – how he takes care of himself and is ready to go. If anyone can handle going out at the start of the camp, it might be a DJ, “Boone said on a Zoom call.” He worked tirelessly during quarantine in Tampa. He was ready to leave, and he didn’t feel sick. That wasn’t something that had destroyed him. I really feel happy with a player who can take it when it’s time to come back. “

Yankees
DJs LeMahieu and Tyler Wade Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post, Robert Sabo

When was, of course, unknown. It is not impossible that the Yankees will move Gleyber Torres from shortstop back to seconds after treating him to replace Didi Gregory briefly, the position Torres played in the minor leagues and in 77 matches (73 starts) a year ago when Gregory was absent.

See also  The pressure on the Yankees after the catch is limited

Before LeMahieu was declared positive, Tyler Wade decided to make a 30-player roster because he was able to play shortstop, second, third base, on the field and provide speed as a pinch runner. Now, a 25-year-old who hits his left hand can become the second baseman until LeMahieu returns.

“We have a lot of confidence in Tyler, especially how he will have an impact on the defensive game there,” said Boone about Wade, who has played second in 59 major league games but hasn’t reached (.197 in 109 matches) in limited playing time.

Boone did not stop with Wade, who seemed to be pioneering for LeMahieu’s place.

“We have confidence in Thairo Estrada, Rosell Herrera clearly impressed us with his spring, and we brought in Matt Duffy, who can understand the mix, an established big league player,” Boone said.

Estrada is the only one of three on the 40-person list.

“We feel we have an option there if we have to start the season without a DJ,” Boone said.

29-year-old Duffy is very interesting because, when he is healthy, the infielder who hits his right hand is already productive. However, beyond 2015 with the Giants (.295 BA) and 2018 as Ray (.294), Duffy has been limited by injuries but is still a career of .282 hitters with an on-base percentage of 0.338.

He played 91 games in 2016 and spent all 2017 with the Achilles tendon problem. Last season he played 46 matches for Sinar and signed a minor league contract with Rangers at the end of the season. He was in the Yankees camp as a non-register invitation. Of the 452 matches played by Duffy in the majors, 377 of them were third and 18 (12 starts) in second.

See also  The Democratic convention in the age of a pandemic: hundreds of reside feeds and 4 stages

As for Wade, he just wants to play more than he has since reaching the big league in 2017.

“I prepare every day to play every day, whether it’s short, second or wherever it will be,” Wade said before starting the brief for the Yankees on Thursday night. “Unfortunately, the DJ isn’t here, and there are vacancies. I got my representatives in all fields and all fields. Right now I am ready to play every day and whatever they need me to do. “

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  "The Portuguese State has never interfered in my favor," says Isabel dos Santos | Antonio Costa
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Jadon Sancho celebrates the goal by opening the 'Justice for George Floyd' shirt in Dortmund's victory

Continue Reading

Trending