Connect with us

Top News

Some British pubs were forced to close again after customers tested positive for the corona virus

Published

on

Some British pubs were forced to close again after customers tested positive for the corona virus

Now, at least three places must be closed again, after several customers tested positive for Covid-19 after their weekend visit.

A post on the Facebook page of the Fox and Hounds pub in Batley, northern England, said a customer – who had been on location on Saturday – asked on Monday to say that they had tested positive for the coronavirus.

“During their visit, they were unconscious and showed no symptoms,” the post added.

“This is not a message we want to write as soon as possible, but The Lighthouse will be closed because customers test positive,” a pub in Burnham-on-Sea, in southwest England, added on social media.

Both pubs say their staff members are being tested.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock praised the venue for taking steps to close. “They are doing the right thing by their customers and their community … three pubs are closed so that others can be open,” he told lawmakers in Parliament on Tuesday.

Pubs are permitted to open in the United Kingdom on Saturdays for the first time in almost four months. Customers in many are asked for contact details before they can enter, to help track contacts if someone is later found to have a virus.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson urged drinkers to behave responsibly, but weekend records showed large crowds outside the city pub without social distance and some people were happy wearing masks.

Third place, Village Home Pub in southern England, said it hoped to open again on Saturday after a customer tested positive.

“Anyone who is in the pub over the weekend doesn’t need to isolate unless you show symptoms or are contacted directly by the trail group,” he told customers on social media. The UK track and track operation is not yet running at full capacity.

See also  Miguel Oliveira qualified eighth for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Pubs are required to impose social distances and limit the number of visitors to reopen, but many Britons are flocking to locals.

“The predicted night was busy and confirmed what we know, alcohol and social distance are not a good combination,” John Apter, national chairman of the Police Federation, tweeted on Sunday.

Apter, who served in the southern city of Southampton on Saturday night, said he and his colleagues had dealt with “happy drunks, angry drunks, fights” and antisocial behavior. “What’s clear is that drunk people can’t / won’t get social distance,” he said.

Five pubs in Nottinghamshire, in the East Midlands region of England, decided to close early after anti-social behavior, police said at the weekend, and officers made four arrests following reports of broken windows and small attacks.

However, Inspector Craig Berry thanked “the majority of the people who had acted responsibly throughout Saturday.”

Instead, many places chose to remain closed, explaining that they could not be sure that they would be safe to welcome more drinkers. Pubs in Scotland and Wales must wait until the end of this month to reopen.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Published

on

Portuguese historical films will premiere on 29 December.

Method Media Bermuda will present the documentary FABRIC: Portuguese History in Bermuda on Thursday, December 29 at the Underwater Research Institute of Bermuda.

A spokesperson said: “Method Media is proud to bring Bermuda Fabric: Portugal History to Bermuda for its 5th and 6th showing at the Bermuda Underwater Observatory. In November and December 2019, Cloth: A Portuguese Story in Bermuda had four sold-out screenings. Now that Bermuda has reopened after the pandemic, it’s time to bring the film back for at least two screenings.

“There are tickets Ptix.bm For $ 20 – sessions at 15:30 and 18:00. Both screenings will be followed by a short Q&A session.

Director and producer Milton Raboso says, “FABRIC is a definitive account of the Portuguese community in Bermuda and its 151 years of history, but it also places Bermuda, Acors and Portugal in the world history and the events that have fueled those 151 years.

“It took more than 10 years to implement FABRIC. The film was supported by the Minister of Culture, the Government of the Azores and private donors.

Bermuda Media Method [MMB] Created in 2011 by producer Milton Raposo. MMB has created content for a wide range of clients: Bermuda’s new hospital renovation, reinsurance, travel campaigns, international sports and more. MMB pays special attention to artistic, cultural and historical content.

More about

#History of Bermuda #A photo #Portuguese

Model: Everybody, Entertainment, Movies/Movies, History, News

See also  European Commission refrains from extending bazooka deadline
Continue Reading

Top News

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS ‘There will be room’

Published

on

CRISTANO RONALDO CAN MAKE UP A GIANT IN CARIOCA AND PORTUGUESE TECHNICIAN SAYS 'There will be room'

News

This is a fact or event of journalistic interest. This may be new or recent information. This also applies to the novelty of an already known situation.

Article

Mostly original text. Expresses the opinion of the author, but not necessarily the opinion of the newspaper. It can be written by journalists or specialists from different fields.

Investigative

A report that contains unknown facts or episodes with a pronounced denunciatory content. This requires special methods and resources.

Content commerce

Editorial content that offers the reader conditions for making purchases.

Analysis

This is the interpretation of the news, taking into account information that goes beyond the facts told. It uses data, brings events and scenario forecasts, as well as past contexts.

Editorial

Analytical text translating the official position of the vehicle in relation to the facts covered.

Sponsored

This is an institutional article on a topic of interest to the company sponsoring the report.

fact checking

Content that confirms the accuracy and authenticity of the disclosed information or facts.

Context

This is an article that brings subsidies, historical data and relevant information to help understand a fact or news.

special

An exciting report that details the various aspects and developments of this topic. It brings data, statistics, historical context, as well as stories of characters that are affected by or directly related to the topic in question.

Criticism

A text with detailed analysis and opinions on products, services and works of art in a wide variety of fields such as literature, music, film and visual arts.

Continue Reading

Top News

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Published

on

Maestro de Braga is the first Portuguese in the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba.

Maestro Filipe Cunha, Artistic Director of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Braga, has been invited to conduct the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, as announced today.

According to a statement sent by O MINHO, “he will be the first Portuguese conductor to conduct this orchestra in its entire history.”

In addition to this orchestra, the maestro will also work with the Lyceo Mozarteum de la Habana Symphony Orchestra.

The concerts will take place on 4 and 12 March 2023 at the National Theater of Cuba in Havana.

In the words of the maestro, quoted in the statement, “these will be very beautiful concerts with difficult but very complex pieces” and therefore he feels “very motivated”.

From the very beginning, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 will be performed by an Italian pianist (Luigi Borzillo), whom the maestro wants to bring to Portugal later this year. In the same concert, Mendelshon’s First Symphony will be performed.

Then, at the second concert, in the company of the Mexican clarinetist Angel Zedillo, he will perform the Louis Sfora Concerto No. 2. In this concert, the maestro also conducts Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony.

“This is an international recognition of my work. An invitation that I accept with humility and great responsibility. I was surprised to learn that I would be the first Portuguese member of the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra. This is a very great honor,” the maestro said in a statement.

“I take with me the name of the city of Braga and Portugal with all the responsibility that goes with it, and I hope to do a good job there, leaving a good image and putting on great concerts. These will be very special concerts because, in addition to performing pieces that I love, especially Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky, I will be directing two wonderful soloists who are also my friends. It will be very beautiful,” concludes Filipe Cunha.

See also  Premarket stock trading: The reality of catching up with stocks. But what followed was anyone's guess

Continue Reading

Trending