Connect with us

Top News

San Diego naval ship fire injures 17 sailors and four civilians

Published

on

San Diego naval ship fire injures 17 sailors and four civilians

“Seventeen Sailors and four civilians are currently being handled for non-everyday living threatening injuries at a neighborhood medical center,” the US Navy explained in a statement.

The sailors on the USS Bonhomme Richard had “minimal injuries” from the hearth and had been taken to a healthcare facility, Lt. Cmdr. Patricia Kreuzberger explained to CNN previously Sunday.

The sailors are in stable situation, Rear Adm. Philip Sobeck explained to journalists Sunday evening.

All of the crew is off the ship and accounted for, in accordance to a tweet from the US Pacific Fleet Naval Floor Forces Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters battled a three-alarm fireplace on the ship Sunday morning, SDFD’s Mónica Muñoz stated. Quite a few different organizations worked to struggle the blaze.

Two fires crews have been still on board the ship Sunday afternoon, Federal Fireplace San Diego Division Main Rob Bondurant explained in a statement.

“Federal Hearth is rotating their crews aboard the ship with U.S. Navy firefighting crews from the waterfront to combat the fireplace in purchase to obtain the seat of the hearth and extinguish it,” Bondurant said. “Navy Area Southwest tugs are also continually combating the fireplace from the bay.”

As of Sunday night, firefighters ended up “at the seat of the fire, if you will,” Sobeck claimed. The firefighters are clearing compartment spaces in purchase to close in on the hearth, Sobeck claimed.

“Sailors across this waterfront are certainly performing a outstanding job,” Sobeck reported, “They are saving their ship. We’re viewing just extraordinary outcomes.”

It is really unclear what began the hearth. When the hearth was initial claimed Sunday early morning, it was said to be in the reduced car or truck storage spot, Sobeck claimed, a “substantial, open region the place you shop a good deal of maritime tools and every little thing else.”

See also  Post anxious search of the writer to watch the return of the PGA happily

There is no ordnance on board, Sobeck explained, “which was our initial worry” in making certain safety on and about the ship.

A safety zone has been established up close to the ship, he claimed.

It is unclear what caused the explosion, Sobeck mentioned. Initial reviews indicated a “form of a backdraft,” or more than-pressurization as the compartment started heating up.

The ship experienced about a million gallons of gasoline, but it is “very well down below” many of the warmth resources, Sobeck stated.

The ship could burn up for times, “down to the water line,” San Diego Fire Main Colin Stowell explained to CNN’s Erica Hill Sunday afternoon.

Sobeck, even though, said the ship will almost certainly be salvageable.

“We are totally going to make absolutely sure it sails once again,” he reported.

“She was in a phase of repair service anyway,” Sobeck mentioned. “So we’re just gonna get suitable back at it at the time we get this factor contained and set out.”

There was an explosion just as personnel had been leaving the ship, Stowell stated.

Other ships moved absent from the burning vessel

The Navy has moved two close by ships away from the scene, it mentioned in a assertion.

Secretary of Protection Mark Esper has been briefed on the scenario, according to a protection formal.

Officers referred to as for San Diego Fireplace Department’s aid about 9 a.m. community time, Muñoz instructed CNN.

A next alarm was named at 9:09 a.m. and a 3rd at 9:51 a.m., in accordance to SDFD tweets.

The USS Bonhomme Richard is an amphibious assault ship, according to the US Navy.

There were being 160 folks on board when the hearth started, in accordance to the Naval Area Forces. The ship, which has a crew of 1,000, was going through maintenance.

See also  Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter restart in New Zealand

CNN’s Barbara Starr, Mary Kay Mallonee, Melissa Alonso, Ryan Browne and Mitchell McCluskey contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

A moment of silence in Portuguese football over the tragedy in Indonesia

Published

on

A moment of silence in Portuguese football over the tragedy in Indonesia

The Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) announced this Sunday a minute of silence at the competitions it organizes, namely the Portuguese Cup, in memory of the victims of the tragedy that occurred in Indonesia.

“The Directorate of the Portuguese Football Federation announces a moment of silence in memory of the victims of the tragedy that occurred at the football stadium in Indonesia. The official website of the organization.

In the same note, FPF President Fernando Gomes says that “with great surprise and a feeling of deep pain, but also indignation” he learned “of the tragic scale of the events that have taken place in the stadium. in Indonesia”.

“It is with great sadness that I deplore the dramatic consequences of this tragedy, which resulted in the death of more than 170 fans, including many children. A football stadium should be a stage for celebration and joy, not for violence and death,” he said. concluded.

A moment of silence will be observed at the competitions organized by the FPF, namely the Portuguese Cup, the second stage of which will take place this weekend.

Indonesian authorities said 174 people were killed in unrest at the end of a football match in East Java, but acknowledged that the number could rise as many of them were critically injured.

See also  The Portuguese striker is proposed in Fluminense and Fortaleza and is considering Brazil as an option following Jorge Jesus' success in Flamengo.

The tragedy, one of the worst in the history of football, occurred on Saturday evening when about 3,000 fans took to the field after Arema’s home team lost 3-2 to rivals Persebay Surabaya.

Police fired tear gas to try to contain the angry supporters, but their actions caused panic and thousands of people rushed to the exit.

Many people were trampled to death in the chaos of the stampede. At least two police officers were killed in the unrest that spread outside the stadium.

The Indonesian league was suspended and the authorities ordered an investigation into the incidents.

Continue Reading

Top News

New serious injury of the player of the national team of Portugal

Published

on

Extremo português oferecido ao Manchester United Lesão Pedro Neto

An injury forces Pedro Neto to be substituted in the Wolves game.

Bad news for Wolverhampton Wanderers and Pedro Neto. The Portuguese received a new injury, and, according to Bruno Lage, it could be serious.

Away to West Ham, where the Portuguese lost 2-0, Pedro Neto was replaced in the 24th minute by Adama Traore, and after the match, the Wolves coach said that the injury could be “ugly”.

Wolves are now in the Premier League relegation zone, and Pedro Neto may be left with no hope of qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar.

Learn more about Bola na Rede and Moosh!

BUT Mush strives to stand out from the crowd by opening doors to new and innovative experiences. OUR Mush is changing and entering a new era, a new identity, a new logo, but the same trust and the same security to safely accept deposits and transactions from consumers. Our house also has a customer support team available at any time to resolve any issues. With a strong investment phase in Portugal, Mush presents itself with a redesigned website, with new products and new experiences, with an eye to the future – keeping the identity and the idea of ​​achieving the goal: hitting the target Mush!

Bola na Rede is a project started on October 28, 2010 at the Escola Superior de Comunicação Social. Since then, we have been trying to provide you with the best sports vision at the national and international levels through opinion pieces as well as breaking news. On October 28, 2019, we decided to expand our reach by launching live broadcasts on the channel. BALL IN THE TV NETWORKNo YouTube. In addition to direct, we also have a lot of information through our social networks and in various models podcasts. Operating Systems podcasts from Bola na Rede are available on a wide variety of platforms and aim to give you a little bit of everything about the world of sports in general. Currently we can offer you the following content:

  • Podcast Mourinhos vs. Guardiolas” – Program of national and international sports news.
  • Podcast “Law of the Market” Content about the latest transfers and transfer market rumors from the world of football.
  • Podcast “Talk about the ball” South American Football takes place here in this program that aims to bring you the latest from the major South American leagues.
  • Podcast “Out of the Ring” WWE is a company Tuevacationer media in the world and in this program we follow in detail every event of the company headed by Vince McMahon
  • Podcast “Ball of other times” – In that podcast we want you to come with us on a journey through the past of the football world. Here we remember players, teams or competitions “from another time”.
See also  Suspect identified in 'terror-related' rampaging piercing Britain

If you’d like to learn more about the project, make a suggestion, or even submit an application to become a writer, commenter, or moderator, send us an email at [email protected] The ball is in your court and we are counting on you!

Continue Reading

Top News

The expedition will explore “an area still little known”: the Portuguese Sea.

Published

on

The expedition will explore "an area still little known": the Portuguese Sea.

The Oceano Azul Foundation has joined the municipalities of Cascais, Mafra and Sintra and set off together this Saturday on the ship “Santa Maria Manuela” for a scientific expedition that will last until 12 October.

On board will be 50 researchers from institutions such as the Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere (IPMA), the Hydrographic Institute or the Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds (SPEA). During this time, scientists will embark on what they consider to be an “essential” process of “investigating the region’s natural values” that will allow for a “global assessment of the marine biodiversity” that exists in that region of the ocean.

Continue Reading

Trending